Forest (3 Viewers)

covcity4life

He looked good going forward but a bit iffy defensively

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Not that iffy defensively imo.

Sheaf best player on pitch for me

Gyokres and waghorn look good too. Press well. Viktor a good dribbler.

Bugsy

Grendel

Ferguson actually said that 2 years before he sold him if you'd care to check. Then Allardyce said "we all know about his talent, he doesn't need to impress me as a footballer, its his discipline" before giving up.

So as with Bright- very talented but thats not the same as being a good player, which is the whole point being made.

Ferguson doesn’t get rid of brilliant players and talent isn’t doing circus tricks - talent includes application, discipline and work rate - also he’s never been a talent at this level

cc84cov

Ferguson actually said that 2 years before he sold him if you'd care to check. Then Allardyce said "we all know about his talent, he doesn't need to impress me as a footballer, its his discipline" before giving up.

So as with Bright- very talented but thats not the same as being a good player, which is the whole point being made.
Clearly didn’t see Bright play for us before 🤣

cc84cov

Grendel wanted Kenny Jacket in charge,take no notice 🤣

Grendel

Grendel wanted Kenny Jacket in charge,take no notice 🤣

You’ve actually said you’d like the guy ahead of Callum o hare

kg82

Ferguson doesn’t get rid of brilliant players and talent isn’t doing circus tricks - talent includes application, discipline and work rate - also he’s never been a talent at this level
Nah, you’re right. Kanchelskis, Beckham and Van Nistelrooy were total shite.

Grendel

skybluegod

Tbf no it doesn't. Talent by it's very definition is somebody's natural aptitude. IE. What they are born with. Skill is the things that you mention. Bright is very talented. But whether he has the skills (application, discipline and work rate), the things that you refine with hours of practice is the question.

Grendel

He did however admit getting rid of stam was a mistake

Which oddly he didn’t with a certain other “brilliant talent” who ended to getting them a pretty could payday and flopped every where else he went

COV

Tbf no it doesn't. Talent by it's very definition is somebody's natural aptitude. IE. What they are born with. Skill is the things that you mention. Bright is very talented. But whether he has the skills (application, discipline and work rate), the things that you refine with hours of practice is the question.

Exactly, very well put.

Grendel

He’s played 18 league 1 games for us and less championship games than Liam Kelly - no other club killed twice at him - so
Talent doesn’t create interest from other clubs?

Brighton Sky Blue

How does talent manifest itself?

lord_garrincha

We will win by more than one goal next week.

I thought they played well today and we owe them one (actually two) from last season.

Brighton Sky Blue

For a talent to manifest , you need consistent hard work and dedication

Example A : Christiano Ronaldo

I guess I meant 'how do you know a player is talented', and it'll be by what he does on the pitch and probably not just in one or two games.

COV

So I assumed

We'd best get shot of Jodi Jones pronto then hadn't we, how many games has he played at this level?

Its a strange argument and I'm kind of at a loss as to why its so hard to understand.

Some players have a great deal of natural ability which managers spot & which they show on the training pitch, but which for whatever reason they cannot or will not produce on any consistent basis on the pitch. Example= Bright so far, Eoin Jess was another according to Strachan.
Some players are not blessed with a great deal of ability but they work hard, improve themselves and achieve consistency. Example= we've had loads in this category- Lloyd McGrath immediately springs to mind, Liam Kelly more recently.
Some players have a great deal of natural ability and they work hard- as Evo correctly says these are the top level players, your Ronaldos.

Unless we're saying that Robins & others have got it completely wrong and don't know natural ability when they see it, Bright is very talented. Nobody knows if he will ever deliver on a consistent basis, but I'd say he's at the last chance saloon with us, which is probably a good thing for us.

Philosorapter

To quote the legendary philosophers 'Fun Boy Three',

"It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it. And that's what gets results."

Brighton Sky Blue

We'd best get shot of Jodi Jones pronto then hadn't we, how many games has he played at this level?

Its a strange argument and I'm kind of at a loss as to why its so hard to understand.

Some players have a great deal of natural ability which managers spot & which they show on the training pitch, but which for whatever reason they cannot or will not produce on any consistent basis on the pitch. Example= Bright so far, Eoin Jess was another according to Strachan.
Some players are not blessed with a great deal of ability but they work hard, improve themselves and achieve consistency. Example= we've had loads in this category- Lloyd McGrath immediately springs to mind, Liam Kelly more recently.
Some players have a great deal of natural ability and they work hard- as Evo correctly says these are the top level players, your Ronaldos.

Unless we're saying that Robins & others have got it completely wrong and don't know natural ability when they see it, Bright is very talented. Nobody knows if he will ever deliver on a consistent basis, but I'd say he's at the last chance saloon with us, which is probably a good thing for us.

Jones has shown talent further down the pyramid, he may or may not at this level. All I’m saying is people have judged a player to be the most talented at the club based on a loan spell in L1 a few years ago and since he’s if anything gone backwards. To me that doesn’t back up the assertion.

You’re right it’s his last chance though and if that doesn’t get him to perform he never will

SlowerThanPlatt

Jones has shown talent further down the pyramid, he may or may not at this level. All I’m saying is people have judged a player to be the most talented at the club based on a loan spell in L1 a few years ago and since he’s if anything gone backwards. To me that doesn’t back up the assertion.

You’re right it’s his last chance though and if that doesn’t get him to perform he never will

And even after that loan spell he had with us where he did do well, the best move he could get the following season was to a Wigan side who got relegated

Users who are viewing this thread