Match Thread Forest (H) Tuesday, 7 pm KO (1 Viewer)

lord_garrincha

Some big games tonight a win will be lovely but I’ll be happy with a point

Marosi
Fadz
Rose
Walker

Should be back tonight the bench looks strong,crucial players coming back just at the right time.
If they are on the bench tonight, I can see Chris Hughton looking at them thinking... "Their bench is a joke!"

Then we win 2-0 because he is thinking about that!

Ooops sorry... this should be on the Mark Robins-isms thread!

Brighton Sky Blue

I think so I think it’s gonna be out of us and Rotherham

I’m less sure on that, Birmingham have been very poor, Millwall also. As we gain more players from injury they will basically be like new signings because of how long they’ve been out for.

Gibbo

We' re at home against forest not away at Chelsea. Must win!
I think we should have been looking at 9 points from these three games. The fact that they are one after the other is immaterial. We beat Wednesday, should have beaten Brum and should always aim to beat a fellow struggler at home.

The pitch is beginning to emerge as a problem. As is the better form and greater spend of our rivals. Even so 2-0 to us. And here is the really radical prediction - we will not concede a penalty!!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

We hammered Forest earlier in the season and got nowt for it after giving away another daft penalty and missing guilt edged chances we should be chomping at the bit for this one.
“They are a very good team we didn’t deserve to lose” but didnt have the quality to win

Rugby Sky Blue

In addition to Glen Murray, the have signed James Garner from Man Utd, (on loan - at Watford previously I think) and Filip Krvinovic from Benfica (brought back from West Brom where he was decent last year! - to go to Forest)

On paper, they are three good signings!!!!

Hopefully they will take time to gel!!!
I know Watford have a good squad but Garner and Murray barely got a kick of the ball at Watford I think this says a lot about where Murray is at in his career when you consider he was behind Andre Gray in Watford's pecking order who has only scored one goal this season which was against us. Krovinović is a decent player though he should be a good signing for Forest.

Forest are a strange team on paper they have a decent team but look poor.

ms639

Huge opportunity tonight. If we win we have a real chance to open a lovely gap given that derby are playing Rotherham too. They’re all big ones in this league but I actually think this is our biggest game of the season. Points will be hard to come by in the next month and I think if we come out of the back of that month with very few, we may well be occupying 21st or 22nd place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugby Sky Blue

My thoughts before these three matches were 5 points was "par"... if we lost one, then we must win the other two.... so a draw would be ok but leave me edgy going into the next few, but a win very good. Must not lose.

Nearly all the bottom teams playing tonight, and six of us against each other. A win would be huge.

Most important game of the season so far IMO
I would probably be content with a draw but if Rotherham was to beat Derby at home tonight (which is very winnable) I think it is a little bit too close for my liking.

Macca

I would probably be content with a draw but if Rotherham was to beat Derby at home tonight (which is very winnable) I think it is a little bit too close for my liking.

and more importantly it would mean we had only beaten 1 out of 3 lower end teams

Briles

The sooner we are mathematically safe the sooner robins can start playing fringe players and give them a pressure free environment to gain championship experience. Hopefully safe with 5 plus games to spare.

Great_Expectations

MR will know even more so than us that it’s a big game. I just hope he doesn’t revert to ultra cautious as it makes us a worse team.

If it’s defensive for 45/60 and then push on once they’re tired it’s more acceptable and has worked in the past, but not ultra cautious and hoping for a fluke goal/moment of magic.

Didn’t realise Forest have Cyrus Christie - be interesting to see what he’s like these days.

Evo1883

MR will know even more so than us that it’s a big game. I just hope he doesn’t revert to ultra cautious as it makes us a worse team.

If it’s defensive for 45/60 and then push on once they’re tired it’s more acceptable and has worked in the past, but not ultra cautious and hoping for a fluke goal/moment of magic.

Didn’t realise Forest have Cyrus Christie - be interesting to see what he’s like these days.
Played against us in the first match, past his best imo

Sky Blue Harry H

Not confident tonight (4 points in 2 games since saying this)

To be honest, every game looks a potential banana skin in this league, as so it should. That said, all the other teams in the 'mix' will be saying the same about every game, too. Blues fans will be nervous about Wycombe away this evening, which we always look forward to ! There are no easy games in this division, which is why I am so chuffed with what we've done so far.

Evo1883

Course he’ll be cautious it’s his way

giphy.gif

shmmeee

The sooner we are mathematically safe the sooner robins can start playing fringe players and give them a pressure free environment to gain championship experience. Hopefully safe with 5 plus games to spare.

Interesting question. Who would you play when safe?

Reid? Bapaga? Eccles?

Happy_Martian

I'm actually looking forward to this for some weird reason. Robins has learned that two up top can and does work so Vik and <insert fit strikers name> should have fun. But it's midweek and we don't play as well. So I'm going for a 1-2 Forest win with Glenn Murray showing his experience and getting a debut winning goal. Vik knows where the net is but I reckon it'll be Allen on target for us.

samccov1987

Proper nervous on this one, feels a massive game.

Going to feel like that until the end of the season mind and not helped by the fact Forest, Derby and Wednesday all big clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread