Match Thread Forest (H) Tuesday, 7 pm KO (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

None of them 3 worry us their not a great side we should be looking to beat them tomorrow my only worry is fatigue kicking in after 3 games in 6 days with no subs used to keep players fresher than playing 90 mins but let’s see,We should beat them

I let you get away with it last time, but it is 3 games in 7 days (not 6). Think Murray is a clever player, but he shouldn't worry our defence with pace. Taylor hasn't started recently, they've played Grabban on his own, so I'm hoping they leave Taylor out again (as although I don't like him, he always worries me when we play against him). Think Garner will be a good player, but he and Krovinovovovovovic won't have had time to gel in midfield.

Magwitch

We hammered Forest earlier in the season and got nowt for it after giving away another daft penalty and missing guilt edged chances we should be chomping at the bit for this one.

Great_Expectations

Definitely a big game tonight and it’s one I’m looking forward to.

I would stick with the same team, albeit I’d be slightly worried about tiredness as this is the third game in a week for the same set of players. Important for MR to manage this properly through his substitutions - which isn’t a strength of his.

Their new signings look good on paper, but hopefully they won’t have settled yet and aren’t fully match sharp.

I’m hoping we’ll be offensive from the off, as we always look so much better when we are.

3-1, Gyokeres, Hamer, Ostigard.

mark82

Remains to be seen if they will work out or not. Hughton hasn’t exactly set them alight since he joined

Yep, and everyone thought Oxford had the best window last year. Sometimes continuity is best. Hughton will do ok there, he'll keep them up, but nothing to say new signings will gel - and this is probably the best time to play them.

Warwickhunt

We struggle to score goals, we control games but don’t convert enough of our chances, due to our style of play, we restrict ourselves to difficult chances.
sounds familier to us! if you ask me. MR will not let them out of the blocks until about 70 minutes.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep, and everyone thought Oxford had the best window last year. Sometimes continuity is best. Hughton will do ok there, he'll keep them up, but nothing to say new signings will gel - and this is probably the best time to play them.

Each game is getting closer to Gus raking Steve Cook anyway, looking forward to it all.

AFCCOVENTRY

Draw is a minimum here but Forest are a decent side on their day and they’ve made some excellent signings in the last dew days. If Anthony Knockaert plays he is going to wreck McCallum’s career. Sam really struggles against tricky/pacy wingers, as he did against Brum.
Forest struggle up top with goals a bit like us.

Brighton Sky Blue

Draw is a minimum here but Forest are a decent side on their day and they’ve made some excellent signings in the last dew days. If Anthony Knockaert plays he is going to wreck McCallum’s career. Sam really struggles against tricky/pacy wingers, as he did against Brum.

On paper yes, but our games stand or fall by whether or not we make stupid mistakes at the back and take our chances. Each game pretty much decided by that

rexo87

No doubt I will overreact as much as everyone else here but even if we did get nothing tonight the next run of fixtures has been a bit dramatised.

Watford (H) - Looked awful last night and I’m confident we can at least get something from this one

Cardiff (A) - on a horrendous run of form and we beat them at home

Norwich (H) - very difficult but is at home midweek under the lights. They might not fancy it

Brentford (H) - very difficult again but on Tv 12:30 strange things tend the happen

Swansea (A) - were the better side at home, admittedly they have improved since

Blackburn and Middlesbrough - very inconsistent sides not going to be scrapping against relegation and unlikely for PO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

No doubt I will overreact as much as everyone else here but even if we did get nothing tonight the next run of fixtures has been a bit dramatised.

Watford (H) - Looked awful last night and I’m confident we can at least get something from this one

Cardiff (A) - on a horrendous run of form and we beat them at home

Norwich (H) - very difficult but is at home midweek under the lights. They might not fancy it

Brentford (H) - very difficult again but on Tv 12:30 strange things tend the happen

Swansea (A) - were the better side at home, admittedly they have improved since

Blackburn and Middlesbrough - very inconsistent sides not going to be scrapping against relegation and unlikely for PO

Brentford I worry about, the rest we could nick a point at least. Midweek games at St Andrews all been drawn or won to be fair

AFCCOVENTRY

On paper yes, but our games stand or fall by whether or not we make stupid mistakes at the back and take our chances. Each game pretty much decided by that

Indeed. And there will be more mistakes to come. That naivety from the players is the difference between established champ players and ours.

rexo87

Brentford I worry about, the rest we could nick a point at least. Midweek games at St Andrews all been drawn or won to be fair

Agreed, they are on a great run of form and tbf played us off the park for 60 mins at their place. We are a lot better now I feel than then though and I might be wrong but don’t think Hamer played in that one, was he suspended?

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed, they are on a great run of form and tbf played us off the park for 60 mins at their place. We are a lot better now I feel than then though and I might be wrong but don’t think Hamer played in that one, was he suspended?

We might be but they’re just a very good side in form, no disgrace losing to them and we will lose more between now and the end. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try and get something from every game

cc84cov

McCallum will be ok the winger he faced against Brum is better than what he will face tonight

cc84cov

My pal is a big forest fan he says they are hit and miss he don’t get why they play counter attack as their too lazy and not quick enough,regardless how they turn up they still struggle to score...he thinks we beat them tonight.

Macca

I think my concern is more that if we can only take 4 points from 9 from the teams around us then I don’t see the optimism v the teams above us. That’s my (somewhat muddled) thinking. That said I guess a draw also takes 2 points away from Forest so fair enough

Bugsy

cc84cov

Some big games tonight a win will be lovely but I’ll be happy with a point

Marosi
Fadz
Rose
Walker

Should be back tonight the bench looks strong,crucial players coming back just at the right time.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It is difficult to make a prediction without seeing the team sheet, but I am a bit nervous.

Win and we create some serious daylight for our difficult upcoming games, lose and we have got well and truly sucked back in. Very important game.

Bugsy

played for us and forest
RIP in sky blue heaven....PUSB

Bugsy

Will go down to the wire for the final spot though

true be close, never a dull moment with the sky blues, makes for an exciting end of season no doubt :)
reckon we will be OK though.... PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread