Match Thread Forest (H) Tuesday, 7 pm KO (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 11652

Jamie Allen must be well pissed off at the moment with Shipley being bought on ahead of him yesterday, unless Robins has already promised him a start against Forest?

We have won 100% of the league games that Shipley has played 90 minutes in. No coincidence

Alkhen

Didn't know Forest had got James Garner form Man United on loan. There were rumours we were after him before Watford took him. Thought he was doing OK there had rave reviews after there first few games

no_loyalty

Didn't know Forest had got James Garner form Man United on loan. There were rumours we were after him before Watford took him. Thought he was doing OK there had rave reviews after there first few games

I think he is still at Watford? he was on the bench for them midweek against Millwall, unless he was recalled by United and since gone to Forest?

Edit: Just checked and he was recalled by United due to not getting game time after Watford changed manager's.

Last edited:

Paxman II

This is the toughest of the 3. Did not think we got to grips with Birmingham in the way we did Sheff.Wed. Forest are the better of the three, have a good manager changing their fortunes and have plenty of the ball in their games. Scoring has been their issue and I hope that continues.
We will need to be better than yesterday and that may be difficult because there were plenty of tired legs yesterday. Can he rest anyone? Certainly Allen deserves a spot and I would like Mcfazdean back in. Revert to our normal formation of 3/5 at the back, Allen the extra man in an attacking midfield and put Max (who is carrying an injury) on the bench.
Expecting a draw but could be anything.

cc84cov

This is the toughest of the 3. Did not think we got to grips with Birmingham in the way we did Sheff.Wed. Forest are the better of the three, have a good manager changing their fortunes and have plenty of the ball in their games. Scoring has been their issue and I hope that continues.
We will need to be better than yesterday and that may be difficult because there were plenty of tired legs yesterday. Can he rest anyone? Certainly Allen deserves a spot and I would like Mcfazdean back in. Revert to our normal formation of 3/5 at the back, Allen the extra man in an attacking midfield and put Max (who is carrying an injury) on the bench.
Expecting a draw but could be anything.
We look better in a flat 4 & max played well linking the play unless we put GYO central and Allen with O’Hare behind him possibly

Sky Blue Harry H

Jamie Allen must be well pissed off at the moment with Shipley being bought on ahead of him yesterday, unless Robins has already promised him a start against Forest?

Think it was just a specific role for the end of the game, not a slight on Allen. Lots of games coming up, so everyone will get their chance. All I care about is O'Hare and Hamer coming through unscathed, as they are the ones to give us momentum from an attacking point of view, Injuries to key players (or avoiding them) are going to be crucial to those teams fighting near the bottom.

Paxman II

We gave away too many free kicks and 9 corners because of that system as we did not keep a higher line. that's the issue for me. I was expecting one of those many corners we would inevitably see a header go in against us as we never won every ball first. I would like McFaz back there but I understand he may be ill? Well that's suspicious timing becuase I would have put him straight back in yesterday. As you say Gykeres with O'Hare and Allen makes sense to me. Anyone who thinks Shipley deserves to be anywhere near the team at the moment must be on something!

cc84cov

We gave away too many free kicks and 9 corners because of that system as we did not keep a higher line. that's the issue for me. I was expecting one of those many corners we would inevitably see a header go in against us as we never won every ball first. I would like McFaz back there but I understand he may be ill? Well that's suspicious timing becuase I would have put him straight back in yesterday. As you say Gykeres with O'Hare and Allen makes sense to me. Anyone who thinks Shipley deserves to be anywhere near the team at the moment must be on something!
How Shipley can be ahead of Allen is beyond me Shipley needs to be moved in this summer if we stay up

ccfc92

I think providing everyone recovers well we probably have to go with same xi - missed it but why was Fadz not in squad today?
I still would be tempted to give Baka a go for Biamou if not from the off then later in the game.

Marosi

Pask Osti Hyam McCallum

Sheaf James Hamer

O'Hare

Biamou Gyores

Subs: Marosi, Rose, DaCosta, Reid, Allen, Shipley, Jobello, Baka, Bapaga

Who's in goal?

Otis

Gary Bannister used to score against everyone. He did used to play for everyone though.

Barnsley

They were absolutely dreadful yesterday, offered next to nothing all game, you wouldn’t believe they’re scraping for their lives.

johnwillomagic

Oops yes Wilson keeps his place for me - did not do much wrong and gives Marosi a little bit more time to recover on the bench,
Think it will be good for Marosi to have to fight to win his shirt back!

Users who are viewing this thread