Football is back!!!! Premier League (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Great result for West Ham, and fully deserved.

Paul Anthony

Sheff United score, Spurs level immediately. Except Moura was fouled, and as he fell his hand hit the ball. Goal ruled out by VAR. Now, I get the rule states any hand contact rules the goal out. But surely spurs should be getting a free kick?

LastGarrison

Some great football being played though.

Although Neville’s comment on Liverpool’s defence being far superior isn’t looking good.

I could watch De Bruyne play all day. What a player.

Frostie

If ever you needed to realise how ridiculous VAR is there was a perfect example earlier.

Ref gives Liverpool free kick on edge of area for alleged push by Walker on Mané. Walker booked.

VAR checks as it was very close to being in the box

VAR sees it wasn't actually even a foul & Mané dived.

Decision?
Original free kick Liverpool & Walker's yellow card stands :emoji_unamused:

20200702_215320.jpg

Covstu

Sheff United score, Spurs level immediately. Except Moura was fouled, and as he fell his hand hit the ball. Goal ruled out by VAR. Now, I get the rule states any hand contact rules the goal out. But surely spurs should be getting a free kick?
It was the biggest load of shite going. How the hell was he in control to handball it, he was falling!

Paul Anthony

It was the biggest load of shite going. How the hell was he in control to handball it, he was falling!

It's an absurd rule, no doubt.

Look at the Mahrez goal in theMan City game. Dribbles it onto his teammates hand as his teammate is falling flat on his arse and not at all in control of his arms.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just watching Norwich v Brighton there is a good chance McCallum will be first choice there next year the current full back is looking really poor

no_loyalty

Liverpool have been dreadful, they are lucky to be 1-0 up.

no_loyalty

Great strike by Jones for Liverpool's second.

no_loyalty

Liverpool play poorly and still manage to win. I can only see Villa winning against Crystal Palace, I'm hoping Watford beat Norwich on Tuesday.

no_loyalty

Fantastic goal from Che Adams, to put Southampton
1-0 up against Man City.

Bugsy

In the Spurs v Everton game, Lloris and Son having fisticuffs at the end of the 1st half.

Terry Gibson's perm

One of the good things to come out of this time has been the return of free to air football and it would be nice to see it continue.

no_loyalty

FFS, Watford 1-0 down at home to Norwich after 4 minutes.

no_loyalty

Phew 1-1, Norwich only held out for 5 minutes.

no_loyalty

Get in, Welbeck overhead kick puts Watford 2-1 up.

Tommo1993

Biamou’s been sharing his notes with Welbeck. Good goal though. Soon as it deflected and started the loop you knew what was coming. I was just expecting it to go into row Z

Tommo1993

I still don't get the drinks breaks? Is this a new thing in football?

Apparently to do with the warmer months. Complete bollocks then. There have been games in December as warm as this.

They better not make it a permanent thing, it’s very close to being as annoying as VAR. maybe even more so, as at least VAR serves a purpose

Frank Sidebottom

Apparently to do with the warmer months. Complete bollocks then. There have been games in December as warm as this.

They better not make it a permanent thing, it’s very close to being as annoying as VAR. maybe even more so, as at least VAR serves a purpose

Surprised they haven't started sticking a couple of adverts on when it happens.

Tommo1993

Surprised they haven't started sticking a couple of adverts on when it happens.

Just feels like watching shite American sport. Stop, play music through PA system (pointless in empty stadium), carry on.

Surely if teams are overwhelming opponents with momentum they’d be pissed off.

Users who are viewing this thread