Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Jan (4 Viewers)

GaryJones

Tell you - it was bloody freezing!
Windy too - conditions were crap!

Esoterica

Said on the ratings thread that you can tell within minutes of a match if Robins is happy with a point or not by looking at the starting position of the wingbacks and tonight they didn't get forward enough first half for a team looking to win from the off.
It also contributed to the poorness of Westbrooke and Shipley too as they don't have that runner beyond them so it's telegraphed that they have to come inside with the ball or go backwards.

Grendel

Club turned down a million bid for Mcallum - really?

covcity4life

Robins

Bad cobdition to play. Wind ice etc
Long journey
Take point all day long and move on
Another away game sat so ill take it
Alot of dark arts going on
Shoild have had a pen. Absolute disgrace. Its assault
Neither team showed quality
We kept ball ok but playing backwards
Max twisted his ankle early
Callum a bright spark
Pushed walsh firther fwd 2nd half
Just one of those games
Another pt to our total
Unbeaten. Good ckean sheet run
Fleetwood cross alot. Make it difficult
Better weather we wud have created more chances
We didnt use wind
Brill turn and shot by walsh
Max shud have thrown himself st rebound
They tried get mcallum sent off
Horrendus conditions. Simple as that
We are still a work in progress
Fleetwood squad of men
Lets move on and play better next time
2 wins and a draw away lately
Bristol rovers have made signings so diff game
May be cause to change the team
Business might be dine b4 window
We r teying to keep players but bids have come in
From prem team foe mcallum. Over 1 million
Club turned it down
Hoowfully keep him. Its not enough for him
Are we steing ebough to hold him? We need to be. His value will rise

GaryJones

We have had a £1 million plus offer for McCallum today & we turned it down!

GaryJones

Source - Mark Robins just on CWR “we turned down a 7 figure offer from a Premiership team for McCallum”

Esoterica

That sounds very much like Robins has been told they will sell McCallum for the right price but that Robins thinks the right price is much higher than the club do and for that price would rather keep him.

Bugsy

Get McCallum sold in a flash if it means we can bring in a proper striker

U mad.

So we can lose out on more money..nah wait and negotiate better terms....
Still unbeaten still in our hands...PUSB

Philosorapter

2 out of 6 from MK.

Those results don't fit with the rest though. They are the exception rather than the norm.

I think the good news is we have equalled up our home and away fixtures.

You can't say our position in the league is somewhat inflated by playing more home games then away games.

We are genuinely in a chase for the Championship, and in a good position too.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

I think keeping a young player rather than taking the money is always a risk as is selling them. I’m not sure people understand the ffp rules and what robins can do when the income is so reduced

cc84cov

O’Hare falls down easily???
That was like being blindsided by a rhino
I don’t mind him falling if he wins the foul which he does most of the time that tonight was a joke of a decision ref shit it thinking Barton would attack him in the tunnel.

pipkin73

I think keeping a young player rather than taking the money is always a risk as is selling them. I’m not sure people understand the ffp rules and what robins can do when the income is so reduced
Always a risk, they can level out and get no better, get injured etc.... but you have to back the managers opinion, he see's him everyday in training and should have a good idea if he is at the "Top of his game" or still learning and only going to get better.
On that i think MR knows best as he watches him everyday in training.
We can replace him (Mason), but i would prefer him to stay with us as if he stays fit/in form i think his value will only ever go up.
It's a gamble for the club/owners, cash in now or hope we go up, he plays well and add on 4 million, but do they need the money now to pay the bills? Can't see MR getting much if anything if he goes, sadly.
As you say, we need to meet the leagues financial rules and we will only do that through sales plus SISU contributions or bums on seats plus SISU contributions (unless loads start to turn up).

I am not a SISU lover by the way, just being honest (they are paying what we need to keep going and never been late on payments unlike other clubs owners).

I wan't them gone and a new (owner who will keep us in Cov (get us back too (under the right conditions (whoever is in charge, i don't want them to bankroll the insects at our expense))).

Mucca Mad Boys

In a promotion run-in, a result that sees you lose ground on 4 of your promotion rivals can't be seen as a good result. It's a point at a tough place so you take it and move on, but all this talk of draw tonight, win Saturday often doesn't work out. When was the last time we won at Bristol Rovers, 1812 or something? Could well end up like Sunderland last year, lose the fewest games and end up in play-offs. Got to start churning out wins now.

We haven’t ‘lost ground’, we have 2 games in hand on the teams above us. We’re also to play all of these teams at home - only Ipswich away.

Too many of the teams around us are losing too many games. We’ll slip into the Top 2 at this rate.

Brighton Sky Blue

We haven’t ‘lost ground’, we have 2 games in hand on the teams above us. We’re also to play all of these teams at home - only Ipswich away.

Too many of the teams around us are losing too many games. We’ll slip into the Top 2 at this rate.

Really need to sort things out at the front though.

Mucca Mad Boys

Really need to sort things out at the front though.

Gooden is a good striker, just needs a bit more service. There will be several games like last night this season - doesn’t make Gooden a bad player.

As always, if a striker is available who will add something, let’s go for it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Gooden is a good striker, just needs a bit more service. There will be several games like last night this season - doesn’t make Gooden a bad player.

As always, if a striker is available who will add something, let’s go for it.

Not blaming him but our play in the final third is often lacking

David O'Day

That sounds very much like Robins has been told they will sell McCallum for the right price but that Robins thinks the right price is much higher than the club do and for that price would rather keep him.
Does it fuck mate

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread