Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Jan (1 Viewer)

Hobo

I have to ask those criticising Godden if they have ever played the game, the gale force wind was never centre forward friendly either half but Godden worked the line and put a shift in both halves which tactically were totally different.

In this day and age when you say, "if they have ever played the game?" Alot will think you are talking about Championship Manager in a warm bedroom, not actually running around a pitch in the cold, wind and rain.

Evo1883

There is somewhat of an unrealistic expectation it seems from a couple of supporters on here Dissapointed with a point away at a club who have lost just 1 game at home all season.

Looking at their responses are these supporters also thinking that we are going to win 18 from the last 18???
If we are to drop points then it's better to drop them at one of the leagues hardest places to go surely?

A bit of common sense is needed, we will drop points from now until the end it's imperative we don't drop them at places or in matches where we should win, last night certainly doesn't fall into that category

2 games in hand, the teams above us won't win all their remaining games either...

stevefloyd

I am disappointed we never got 3 points because of those cheating diving bastards but 1 point is better than nothing, we created very little on a dreadful windy night ref bottled it.
My points about Godden is his continual offside and him having to chase down midfielders instead of worrying their defenders but i guess thats what Robins is asking of him

Evo1883

I am disappointed we never got 3 points because of those cheating diving bastards but 1 point is better than nothing, we created very little on a dreadful windy night ref bottled it.
My points about Godden is his continual offside and him having to chase down midfielders instead of worrying their defenders but i guess thats what Robins is asking of him

If you watch him he's always trying to play off the shoulders, half the problem last night was we were far too slow to pass and move and with our forward play in general we hesitated to play through the middle and he finds himself off..I think we play it side to side far too often, especially when we had the 2 up top we should be looking to mix it more.

Our forward play last night from the holding midfielders right through was simply sub par.

Why is godden out wide crossing a ball in for example

eastwoodsdustman

We didn’t deal with the conditions that we’ll last night. They were pretty cynical and also pressed us very well. We did look a bit one dimensional at time and kept trying the same thing that wasn’t working. like others said we struggled in midfield but they were intent on stopping us.

Sky Blue Harry H

Did MR state why Baka wasn't in the squad last night - I quite like him as an option if we go 2 up top (and the lone striker needs subbing as they've run themselves ragged)

ccfcway

We didn’t deal with the conditions that we’ll last night. They were pretty cynical and also pressed us very well. We did look a bit one dimensional at time and kept trying the same thing that wasn’t working. like others said we struggled in midfield but they were intent on stopping us.

Not sure what why on earth they would be happy with a 0-0 at home. Compliment to us I suppose

GaryJones

Attendance 2506. How many City were there - haven't seen the figure.
We had approx 750 there last night (inc me) and it was grim!
Freezing & wind swept - saw at least 2 Fleetwood throw ins that blew off the pitch back out of play and were then awarded to us!
Although a point was disappointing we at least kept a clean sheet and didnt lose too much ground at the top of the table - incidentally we are now top of the current form table based on the last 6 away matches (geek I know - had loads of time on my hands last night on way home) D-L-W-W-W-D. Doncaster, Rotherham & Portsmouth 1 point behind.

Johhny Blue

We had approx 750 there last night (inc me) and it was grim!
Freezing & wind swept - saw at least 2 Fleetwood throw ins that blew off the pitch back out of play and were then awarded to us!
Although a point was disappointing we at least kept a clean sheet and didnt lose too much ground at the top of the table - incidentally we are now top of the current form table based on the last 6 away matches (geek I know - had loads of time on my hands last night on way home) D-L-W-W-W-D. Doncaster, Rotherham & Portsmouth 1 point behind.
Kudos to you and the other 749 SBA. Hope you were dressed warmer than your avatar

GaryJones

Kudos to you and the other 749 SBA. Hope you were dressed warmer than your avatar
I turned it back to front! - It didnt help.

Seriously though - I had Jumper Coat Scarf Gloves Hat the lot and I still couldnt feel my knees until I reached Stafford!!

andrew.roberts

Just spoke to my brother who went last night on a coach from Leamington. He says he was almost in line with the edge of the penalty area when O'Hare was "brought down" and it was a definite penalty, no question about it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Just spoke to my brother who went last night on a coach from Leamington. He says he was almost in line with the edge of the penalty area when O'Hare was "brought down" and it was a definite penalty, no question about it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It was a definite foul and, if awarded, would probably have been given as a penalty. Think it has been proved on here that it was outside the box, though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread