Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Jan (7 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Goalless draw which was probably the right result. I wasn't surprised that MR named another unchanged line-up, but really felt we should have even before the game because Shipley, Zain and McCallum looked like they needed a rest even at the weekend and tonight hasn't altered my opinion of that - changes needed for Saturday.

MR did make the early changes at HT, but they weren't as effective as against Brum. Could really do with the win against Rovers now though (although another draw wouldn't be a disaster).

covcity4life

Hard fought game. Ill take that draw

Another point closer to promotion!

Defence and keeper must have so mucj confidence right now. And i was v impressed with kelly and walsh again too. Worked hard defensively

O hare did little but i would start him from min 1 next game. Shipley abd westbeooke r young and need a break

All i will say to sbt tonight is dont focus on negatives if u will be in dreamland sat if we beat rovers.

no_loyalty

Another poor game but at least it keeps the unbeaten run going, let's go and get three points at Bristol Rovers.

Grendel

It’s a fair enough point - they lose very few at home

If we had a Leon Clarke type number 9 we’d storm this league - we haven’t and with exception of the two away games when Godden ran riot we will have to tough it out like this most weeks

SKYBLUES90

Not a bad result but if we want to be serious contenders these draws is what will let us down this season.

Fergusons_Beard

Looks to be outside the box.

83656bb55f98f401453d9515cf5e1188.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lifeskyblue

As long as win at Bristol that’s a decent result. Keeping the unbeaten run very important. Even though we didn’t play anywhere near our best we held them fairly comfortably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Hard fought game. Ill take that draw

Another point closer to promotion!

Defence and keeper must have so mucj confidence right now. And i was v impressed with kelly and walsh again too. Worked hard defensively

O hare did little but i would start him from min 1 next game. Shipley abd westbeooke r young and need a break

All i will say to sbt tonight is dont focus on negatives if u will be in dreamland sat if we best rovers.

Still by far the better team. Good point.

cc84cov

If we had a Leon Clarke type number 9 we’d storm this league - we haven’t and with exception of the two away games when Godden ran riot we will have to tough it out like this most weeks
100% Clarke would turn us into auto contention for sure can you see anyone coming in though ?

SeaSeeEffCee

I'd move on Bakayoko and Hiwula and desperately try and find another striker before the deadline. We aren't going up with our current forward options. Tranmere and Wycombe aside 750k for Godden looks very questionable.

Liquid Gold

This will be fine if we win on saturday. If not we haven’t been able to squeeze draws into wins like an autos team can.

I’ve had a nasty feeling for a while that we’ll just miss out on autos and get beaten by Sunderland in the playoffs.

Mucca Mad Boys

Good point. I had a niggling feeling we’d lose this one all day.

The reason we’re in our current position is that we don’t lose games like this. Whereas, in the past we’d have definitely lost this one.

Grendel

100% Clarke would turn us into auto contention for sure can you see anyone coming in though ?

No. It’s too late really to get anyone who’s good enough - it’s odd we have a manager whose a forward but he signs competitive defenders and midfielders but not forwards

Luton dominated last year as they had big scoring forwards

Adge

Not the best game and I guess if you don’t win the game then don’t lose it which is probably the best way to sum it up.
Another point and we move on to Bristol Rovers on Saturday and hopefully get the 3 points.

mark82

Would love us to bring a striker in on loan. Someone with a bit of pace and presence. Its where we're really lacking at the moment.

Esoterica

This will be fine if we win on saturday. If not we haven’t been able to squeeze draws into wins like an autos team can.

I’ve had a nasty feeling for a while that we’ll just miss out on autos and get beaten by Sunderland in the playoffs.
My fear with the lack of squad rotation is that we'll run out of steam in the run in and the squad players to come in will be undercooked in terms of match sharpness, which will end up costing us.

Evo1883

Difficult evening, difficult place to come.
Take the point and move on, still in our hands

Users who are viewing this thread