Fixtures 22/23 (2 Viewers)

WGABSOOS

If the second one is at home it’s got to be on Sunday or Monday. Sunday is probably going to be too tight a turn around and Monday is an issue due to the League Cup so it would make sense to expect both to be away.
Andy Turner suggested it was fine that weekend

EalingSB

If the second one is at home it’s got to be on Sunday or Monday. Sunday is probably going to be too tight a turn around and Monday is an issue due to the League Cup so it would make sense to expect both to be away.
Hope it’s not Monday. I’ve booked flights coming over to attend the first away game, take the kids to the Women’s EURO final at Wembley that Sunday and then attend the first home game the following weekend - flying home on the Monday evening so will be gutted if that’s the opening home game.

CJ_covblaze

isn't the second Saturday the wrestling event which is inside, so a crowd outside won't interfere with it. Might be a bugger parking tho!!
I was told that the issue was media and hospitality. That meeting was a few months ago so they may have managed to sort something out by now.

CJ_covblaze

Hope it’s not Monday. I’ve booked flights coming over to attend the first away game, take the kids to the Women’s EURO final at Wembley that Sunday and then attend the first home game the following weekend - flying home on the Monday evening so will be gutted if that’s the opening home game.
It occurred to me the other day about that clash. Hopefully we get someone dull on the opening weekend so it’s not moved to the Sunday for TV. There are no PL games that weekend so I guess Sky will take quite a few. Having said that, a midday kick off at Reading, Watford or Luton on the Sunday would be perfect!

SkyBlueSoul

For some reason their seems to be a lot of jiggery pokery going on with city against Blackpool away and always seem to be on. Tuesday night on Shitty cold weather between end on November through to early February

The Athletic have done an article on how the fixtures are worked out, think this bit might explain it:

As much as it pains the loyalist supporters of EFL clubs, some of those horrendously long away trips for Tuesday night matches are actually created on purpose.

“We need to ensure clubs can maximise their Saturday fixtures, in terms of attendance and in terms of revenue they take over the gates,” Snellgrove has said on the EFL podcast.

“They want big local fixtures to happen on a Saturday — when most fans can attend, when it’s a lot easier for travelling fans to attend. The upshot of that is that some of the more lengthy journeys will occur midweek. It’s something we’re conscious of, so we try and ensure a fair spread.

“We always have to ensure we’re not giving a club a massive local derby on a midweek when the attendance could be 10-15 per cent down on what it might be on a Saturday.”

Bugsy

Bugsy

I can't risk my job mate but you've got a 1 in 23 chance of guessing the team. Better odds than the lottery!

That's fair enough, wouldn't want u to put your job in jeopardy mate, going to find it hard to sleep now lol either way I'm going....PUSB

skyblue1991

I don't know...it has its challenges. You hope your phone doesn't go off on a Friday night as that means something has gone wrong and then you're hoping you've done everything you needed to and it's a simple hotel issue that can be sorted or won't cause too much of an issue.

Nice to be your own boss though and work with the clubs. They're all great in their own way.
Very interesting job that!

On average how many games do Cov stay over for? I thought for a lot of games they travel there and back on the same day

pusbccfc

The first game is a big one, let's just say that... Lots will be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread