Fixtures 22/23 (1 Viewer)

SuperFred

A week away from the fixtures being released. Hoping for Blackpool away on August bank holiday.

Saw a rumour on twitter that we will be away for the first two games due to the commonwealth games being held at the Ricoh, anyone know if this is true?

fernandopartridge

A week away from the fixtures being released. Hoping for Blackpool away on August bank holiday.

Saw a rumour on twitter that we will be away for the first two games due to the commonwealth games being held at the Ricoh, anyone know if this is true?

I've heard that, think it might have been mentioned on here as well

SkyBlueSoul

Haven't seen anything official but looks likely. There's a Rugby Sevens match there on the 30th June so safe to assume we won't be home for the first game. Then the Saturday after there's Wrestling all day so can't see them wanting 20k+ people rocking up for a footie match, or having to change from Commonwealth games to EFL signage, advertising etc

Liquid Gold

I hope the southwest away games are early in the season so I can get my points up.

Would be shit if all the northern away games are first, I miss out on accumulating points then when we play a mile from my house I can't go.

Irish Sky Blue

How are they beginning the points process? Do supporters already have points from last season? ( Hope so as I will be away for first game of the season which seems likely to be away).

CJ_covblaze

From an IAG meeting I attended a couple of months ago they were expecting us, Villa, Blues, West Brom and Wolves to all be away on the opening weekend (they weren't sure about Walsall) due to various logistical reasons including policing, availability of key staff and transport issues.

For the second weekend of those five we are the only one that are restricted which is due to our stadium being a venue. If we are at home during that weekend it's likely to be on the Monday night. Sunday would be a push due to the events on the Saturday (not impossible to work around but difficult) so it would probably have to be the Monday night. The big issue there is that is the week of the League Cup 1st round so playing Monday isn't ideal. If the stadium isn't going to be available on the Sunday it makes things difficult with fixture congestion so that is likely to be an away game too.

Going by the Premier League fixtures what they said back then has been correct so far.

CJ_covblaze

How are they beginning the points process? Do supporters already have points from last season? ( Hope so as I will be away for first game of the season which seems likely to be away).
Based on season tickets, home tickets and away tickets purchased over the last 3 or 4 years.

CJ_covblaze

Skyblueweeman

What do you do?

Just re-read your question...soz. I work with those clubs and sort out their hotels for away fixtures. So when the fixtures are released on Thursday, I'll send somewhere between 500-700 emails to hotels across the UK to quote for hosting those teams for all their games across the season.

I then deal with the contracting process, payments and post stay follow up.

Skyblueweeman

More interesting than the average 9-5 too!

I don't know...it has its challenges. You hope your phone doesn't go off on a Friday night as that means something has gone wrong and then you're hoping you've done everything you needed to and it's a simple hotel issue that can be sorted or won't cause too much of an issue.

Nice to be your own boss though and work with the clubs. They're all great in their own way.

FulltimeWum

Just re-read your question...soz. I work with those clubs and sort out their hotels for away fixtures. So when the fixtures are released on Thursday, I'll send somewhere between 500-700 emails to hotels across the UK to quote for hosting those teams for all their games across the season.

I then deal with the contracting process, payments and post stay follow up.
Ah good for you. Presumed you were a service station entertainment provider or some sort. Good on you. Hope all goes well.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I don't know...it has its challenges. You hope your phone doesn't go off on a Friday night as that means something has gone wrong and then you're hoping you've done everything you needed to and it's a simple hotel issue that can be sorted or won't cause too much of an issue.

Nice to be your own boss though and work with the clubs. They're all great in their own way.
Yeah fair enough. It might be harder to find accomodation for sunderland when they piss the league and then win the fa cup and need accomodation for the europa conference league

Warwickhunt

For some reason their seems to be a lot of jiggery pokery going on with city against Blackpool away and always seem to be on. Tuesday night on Shitty cold weather between end on November through to early February

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Not confirmed. Just heard today that the first one definitely is.
If the second one is at home it’s got to be on Sunday or Monday. Sunday is probably going to be too tight a turn around and Monday is an issue due to the League Cup so it would make sense to expect both to be away.

Users who are viewing this thread