Final warning from Robins (1 Viewer)

Otis

His only other recognised position is CB and I don’t want him in there. Start DaCosta and actually use him rather than playing daft 1-2s to give away awful goals
Have we played him at centre back?

clint van damme

The pitch was an injury risk that didn’t justify pushing for more goals with the game in the bag. I said at the time we looked better with the superior shape but like Saturday the effort only appears when the opposition has declared

Farkes comments would suggest that they hadn't 'declared' but had to dig in because City improved.
Either way, my point still stands, even a meagre positive in a shit night and you have to shoot it down.

You were doing it after wins earlier in the season.

cc84cov

His only other recognised position is CB and I don’t want him in there. Start DaCosta and actually use him rather than playing daft 1-2s to give away awful goals
Watford we didn’t use him enough I can’t believe this wasn’t addressed before last night again he’s out there in so much space and ignored it’s criminal

LilleSkyBlue

Our keepers aren’t championship level. Marosi is a liability and doesn’t dominate the box. Wilson has done ok and is better than Marko but he still isn’t Champ level.

Rose, Kyle and Hyam are not championship level. Leo is young but you can see the potential in him but isn’t our player.

Dabo is champ level and been injured for most of the season. Dacosta is ok as a replacement and Pask isn’t champ level but fills a gap when needed.

Sam isn’t our player and is hot and cold with his form. He doesn’t have any competition. Reid is injured. LB been an issue this season.

Hamer obviously has the quality but the more you play with the shite around him his quality drops.

Kelly is influential. But missed huge chunks of the season.

James is ok. Not been blown away by him and he is obviously scarred by his injuries and doesn’t go into a tackle.

Sheaf. You see some quality there and then some suicidal tendencies.

Shipley. Shouldn’t be playing in the championship.

Allen. Isn’t good enough at this level. You see the odd decent performance now and then. Too lightweight.

O’Hare I can’t make my mind up. He has missed so many goal scoring opportunities and he doesn’t make the right pass at the critical moment near the box. But he wins a lot of free kicks. Is it a wasted position where we need

Godden. Vanished for this season with injury. Massive miss.

Walker. Injured for the season as well. Still unproven at this level and he needs to get his scoring boots on in the next patch of games.

Max. Is a back up striker and done what he can when we have no other option. He isn’t Champ quality.

Baka. No point.

Viktor. You see glimpses of what he can do but Robins doesn’t fancy him and is a bench player now.

Apart from a few players we don’t have a championship team to compete. If we stay up, there needs to be a massive clear out. If we go down, I suspect the team will be good enough for a promotion push.

I agree with almost all of this - except I'm not sure Godden has been a massive miss, unfortunately. He probably isn't quite good enough for the Championship, plus he was played isolated on his own anyway before he got injured, so it's hard to know.

Also, is the word 'liability' arguably a bit too strong for Marosi? His rolling it out from the back has been boiling my waters for eighteen months though, so it's a question of strength of feeling on that one. I'd say he often sets the wrong tone by not just putting his boot through it when necessary and Wilson does do that more often.

I was quietly confident that we'd do 'all right' before the season started, having seen a team of confident players get promoted with a fluid and effective style. I was least of all worried about the defence.

However.

cc84cov

I agree with almost all of this - except I'm not sure Godden has been a massive miss, unfortunately. He probably isn't quite good enough for the Championship, plus he was played isolated on his own anyway before he got injured, so it's hard to know.

I was quietly confident that we'd do 'all right' before the season started, having seen a team of confident players get promoted with a fluid and effective style. I was least of all worried about the defence.

However.
Golden not been a huge miss ? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

fernandopartridge

Also this insinuation that quick one twos are being scared of having the ball is nonsense. It's more showing you are confident at moving the ball quickly which is what you need to do at a decent level of football. O'Hare's ball back was a poor one and left us fully exposed, that said there are serious questions about how Hyam got so easily done and Wilson's positioning didn't look the best.
Yeah, Hyam is miles behind the other two centre halves and Wilson might as well have told Pukki where to place the ball

Brighton Sky Blue

Farkes comments would suggest that they hadn't 'declared' but had to dig in because City improved.
Either way, my point still stands, even a meagre positive in a shit night and you have to shoot it down.

You were doing it after wins earlier in the season.

Reflecting how I feel Clint, drawing the second half isn’t a phrase I expected people to be using seriously. Do of course point out where I was unhappy at us winning games and go back to the nonsense of accusing people of being happy at defeat.

It’s not that I can’t recognise small improvements from a garbage first half but I’m not getting hard over it either

clint van damme

Reflecting how I feel Clint, drawing the second half isn’t a phrase I expected people to be using seriously. Do of course point out where I was unhappy at us winning games and go back to the nonsense of accusing people of being happy at defeat.

It’s not that I can’t recognise small improvements from a garbage first half but I’m not getting hard over it either

who's getting a hard on? It was shit, haven't seen one person say otherwise. But any positive you have to turn it on its head.
I remember when we beat Cardiff earlier in the season and 'we only on because of a defensive mistake'

Well Norwich only won last night because of defensive mistakes but imagine if someone tried to defend the team using that as an excuse?
You were claiming earlier in the season that Wycombe were about to close the gap on us even though it was clear that they weren't.

Supporting a club like Cov is a totally joyless experience for you, i don't know why you bother.

clint van damme

Thought you meant Cardiff. The pitch was a bog, they didn’t want the injury risk just for the sake of goal difference.

For a scientist you love a baseless theory.
I forgot players playing on bad pitches only get injured in the opposition half! Fuck me.

Brighton Sky Blue

who's getting a hard on? It was shit, haven't seen one person say otherwise. But any positive you have to turn it on its head.
I remember when we beat Cardiff earlier in the season and 'we only on because of a defensive mistake'

Well Norwich only won last night because of defensive mistakes but imagine if someone tried to defend the team using that as an excuse?
You were claiming earlier in the season that Wycombe were about to close the gap on us even though it was clear that they weren't.

Supporting a club like Cov is a totally joyless experience for you, i don't know why you bother.

If your view is to tell the few people left with an interest in the club to go away then fine. It’s a really shit time with nothing else to focus on but work and the City, there is no outlet to vent at the game or again in the pub afterwards. Been open about this for ages as have others who feel and post a similar way.

Your reaction is a bit like Robins slating his players for lacking confidence

clint van damme

If your view is to tell the few people left with an interest in the club to go away then fine. It’s a really shit time with nothing else to focus on but work and the City, there is no outlet to vent at the game or again in the pub afterwards. Been open about this for ages as have others who feel and post a similar way.

Your reaction is a bit like Robins slating his players for lacking confidence

why do you keep making things up?
Who said go away?
I said if it's such a joyless experience I don't think it's for you, that's not the same thing. And I genuinely mean that. You don't seem to get anything from it, which currently is understandable, but even when we're doing OK you have to rain on the parade. If that's what floats your boat then carry on it's just a bit weird and probably not good for you.

rob9872

Shipley won't be starting at LB on Saturday regardles, but was filling in and did ok last night. A few misplaced passes but they were all guilty of that and an aerial ball on the diag from Cantwell that he watched, but that apart some decent positioning, a couple of decent blocks and interceptions and our best cross that Pask should have buried, so I'm surprised to see based on last night that so many in this thread think he is what Robins was referring to. Whether he is at the level is a different topic, but last night so many looked out of their depth and in particular I'd say Wilson, the 3 x CB and Allen were absolutely shocking, even taking into account the level of the opposition. Walker needed a partner from the off, but then so have all our forwards looked like that when they play a lone role.

Brighton Sky Blue

why do you keep making things up?
Who said go away?
I said if it's such a joyless experience I don't think it's for you, that's not the same thing. And I genuinely mean that. You don't seem to get anything from it, which currently is understandable, but even when we're doing OK you have to rain on the parade. If that's what floats your boat then carry on it's just a bit weird and probably not good for you.

It’s because I’m not handling lockdown well and there is nowhere else to vent while I feel generally more on edge. I can’t talk much about it with the missus as she’s having anxiety attacks or mini breakdowns herself.

That doesn’t really change my view on supporting the club I have done since I was a boy. Singling me out for it is the weird thing when others at the moment are demanding the manager sacked or dedicating threads to individual players. In the past you went on calling sparks a negative streak of piss because he too was pessimistic. Maybe if someone seems miserable there’s something wrong rather than a stick to beat them with as you seem to do

Brighton Sky Blue

so do you hold the opinion that you stand less chance of getting injured on a bad pitch if you are in your own half?
If so what's your working out, I'd be fascinated to see it.

Putting 10 in front of the ball is less risky than being on the end of some crunching tackle in the final third, yes. Conserve energy and effort for the weekend.

better days

It’s because I’m not handling lockdown well and there is nowhere else to vent while I feel generally more on edge. I can’t talk much about it with the missus as she’s having anxiety attacks or mini breakdowns herself.

That doesn’t really change my view on supporting the club I have done since I was a boy. Singling me out for it is the weird thing when others at the moment are demanding the manager sacked or dedicating threads to individual players. In the past you went on calling sparks a negative streak of piss because he too was pessimistic. Maybe if someone seems miserable there’s something wrong rather than a stick to beat them with as you seem to do
Mate I feel for you
Keep going, things will get better

Jamesimus

Shipley won't be starting at LB on Saturday regardles, but was filling in and did ok last night. A few misplaced passes but they were all guilty of that and an aerial ball on the diag from Cantwell that he watched, but that apart some decent positioning, a couple of decent blocks and interceptions and our best cross that Pask should have buried, so I'm surprised to see based on last night that so many in this thread think he is what Robins was referring to. Whether he is at the level is a different topic, but last night so many looked out of their depth and in particular I'd say Wilson, the 3 x CB and Allen were absolutely shocking, even taking into account the level of the opposition. Walker needed a partner from the off, but then so have all our forwards looked like that when they play a lone role.

I've definitely criticised him plenty and was concerned seeing him start at LWB (albeit we all thought this would happen). He was defo wasteful in possession but he was one of our better players last night defensively I thought.

My reasons for thinking these could be who Robins was on about were these...

Hamer - his body language in the second half and visibly getting frustrated when misplacing passes and this seemed to affect his game even more, when he's usually very technically adept.

Dacosta - looked like he thought we'd already lost with 25 mins to go.

Walker - couldn't work out whether he looked tired or just absolutely fed up of being on his own.

Could be nothing in any of this obviously, just purely speculating.

Jamesimus

Mate you need to try and eat 25 Pringles at once, will sort you right out.

clint van damme

I'm singling you out but also had a go at sparks? Make your mind up.

Both of you have been guilty of some totally over the top negativity with no basic in logic. It pissed me off because I find it depressing and I have a go back.

Or are you the only one allowed to vent on this forum?
Don't worry if your negative piss brings people down but they better not dare respond to it. Okay mate

Brighton Sky Blue

Mate I feel for you
Keep going, things will get better

There is a point that at this moment in time CCFC isn’t healthy for those struggling more generally. But thinking beyond this year the good of following the club outweighs the bad. Going to games with mates, family or the missus is enjoyable win lose or draw. And I’m sure that’s how it is for most of us here because if it were just about results or progress we’d have all vanished long ago

Brighton Sky Blue

Both of you have been guilty of some totally over the top negativity with no basic in logic. It pissed me off because I find it depressing and I have a go back.

Don't worry if your negative piss brings people down but they better not dare respond to it. Okay mate

Everyone can vent and where others have clearly had issues I have tried to help or at least understand. That said I think you’ve missed the point. If someone is miserable or seems that way then sticking the boot in won’t change a thing

Ccfcisparks

I think a lot of the negativity I post has just as much logic as a lot of the over the top positivity posted tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread