Final warning from Robins (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Tough words that players are playing their way out of the club. Who is talking about?

“Absolutely, yes, but it shouldn’t take us getting into them at half-time for that to materialise because they are playing themselves out of the team.

“And they’ll be playing themselves out of the club if they are not careful. They have to show strength of character. It’s very easy to go under. There were one or two who were showing signs that they weren’t in a great place mentally, and then it affects you technically.

“We gave the ball away too often and looked rushed in possession.”

Jamesimus

Tough words that players are playing their way out of the club. Who is talking about?

“Absolutely, yes, but it shouldn’t take us getting into them at half-time for that to materialise because they are playing themselves out of the team.

“And they’ll be playing themselves out of the club if they are not careful. They have to show strength of character. It’s very easy to go under. There were one or two who were showing signs that they weren’t in a great place mentally, and then it affects you technically.

I personally think this is out of Hamer, DaCosta or Walker.

SBAndy

I said last night, Hamer doesn't quite seem to be the same player since the transfer window. I wonder if his agent has been chipping in his ear.

I think he’s probably just struggling with the volume of matches.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

How i read it was that some players were not mentally strong enough for this level and were playing their way out of the club. Would think he referring to the Shipley and Hyam type of players rather than the Walker and Hamer.

I spoke to my friend about this before the game yesterday and if we did get relegated who out of any of our players would Championship teams seriously look at and be willing to pay for?

I could only come up with Hamer and Walker, I think in that identifies what a tough job Robins has got with these players at this level.

Brighton Sky Blue

I personally think this is out of Hamer, DaCosta or Walker.

I don’t think any of them, Shipley and Hyam most probably but I don’t know if public beration will get more out of them. Hamer hasn’t been great last two games but nobody has. Da Costa has been ok, Walker’s just come back in and looks good just not lone striker good.

Maybe Robins should look internally with his criticisms because from where I was sat he sent out a side that played into making it as easy as possible for the opposition

better days

I think he’s probably just struggling with the volume of matches.
You hit the nail on the head
Two games a week with little chance of rotation of our most important players is bound to take its toll
Plus it's less difficult to keep up standards if you're winning and everyone in the side is confident
We have to try to stay positive
There were a few plus points last night with some of our best guys making their return and despite doom mongers before the game predicting a rout we didn't throw the towel in when we went 2 0 down at the worst possible time
Better Days are ahead ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Two games a week with little chance of rotation of our most important players is bound to take its toll
Plus it's less difficult to keep up standards if you're winning and everyone in the side is confident
There were a few plus points last night with some of our best guys making their return and despite doom mongers before the game predicting a rout we didn't throw the towel in when we went 2 0 down at the worst possible time
Better Days are ahead ;)

Norwich sat off to avoid injuries on a dreadful pitch more like

JulianDarbyFTW

To be fair to Hamer, his poor is still better than some of our players' good. He doesn't stop trying even when he's not playing well, and he's one of our only goal threats. I doubt the comments are referring to him.

Otis

To be fair to Hamer, his poor is still better than some of our players' good. He doesn't stop trying even when he's not playing well, and he's one of our only goal threats. I doubt the comments are referring to him.
No, I am sure they are not.

fernandopartridge

Rose, he's been appalling this season

David O'Day

Better Days are ahead ;)

Hamer is in serious need of a break. Hopefully Kelly being back will allow him a game or 2 off.

Otis

Hamer is in serious need of a break. Hopefully Kelly being back will allow him a game or 2 off.
Would be unsure that Kelly can manage a start, but fingers crossed he can. He's been missing quite a few games now and the pitches are heavy

larry_david

Allen will be one. His involvement in the first goal was disgusting. Although let me just watch this back before commenting further

Grendel

Robins will be banishing people soon

larry_david

Highlights reel doesn't show the absolute travesty that was our forward play breaking down. I'd have dragged Allen off there and then. Robins talks about character. We were 4 on 4 I think with dacosta (wing back remember so our actual tactic) with the whole pitch free and Allen tried some ridiculous blind one two straight to their guy and they were in.

It was the classic we could have been 1 up and we were 1 down.

Brighton Sky Blue

You not think Pask will be in? Robins was praising him last night

I want to see us use DaCosta being able to find all the space that he does but we always ignore. Plus with two strikers hopefully one of those crosses connects, Pask doesn’t achieve either.

larry_david

Dacosta supplied a great cross that o hare spooned over from 3 yards. And his last kick of the game he played a through ball to o hare who was in one on one. Dacosta supplied our two best moments and yet staggeringly he's ignored every time

chiefdave

I spoke to my friend about this before the game yesterday and if we did get relegated who out of any of our players would Championship teams seriously look at and be willing to pay for?

I could only come up with Hamer and Walker, I think in that identifies what a tough job Robins has got with these players at this level.
Agree with this, there's not many players in our squad who Championship clubs would have on their list of transfer targets if we did go down. We've still got 5 players from the L2 squad - Kelly, Shipley, Biamou, Hyam and Jones. Although oddly I've seen people with one breath saying the players are awful and with the next saying they'd all be sold if we go down!

We're still making too many individual mistakes. Said last season that they're L1 players and L1 players will make mistakes, players who have the better consistency play at a higher level. We've got too many players still doing that, in L1 you could get away with it, in the Championship you can't, the mistakes are resulting in goals and penalties.

Last night was a great example. Go in at 1-0 and you give yourself a chance, maybe a slim one but at least a chance. But another basic error and its game over.

Think the six games from Derby to Bristol City will decide our season. We need to go on another mini-run there. Hopefully by that point we're looking at being back to near full strength. Going to take some work from Robins and the team to ensure the team are ready for it mentally.

Otis

I want to see us use DaCosta being able to find all the space that he does but we always ignore. Plus with two strikers hopefully one of those crosses connects, Pask doesn’t achieve either.
He can play many positions though can't he. I am not necessarily talking about right back.

Brighton Sky Blue

Dacosta supplied a great cross that o hare spooned over from 3 yards. And his last kick of the game he played a through ball to o hare who was in one on one. Dacosta supplied our two best moments and yet staggeringly he's ignored every time

It’s baffling and on both occasions it’s Allen who ignores him

Brighton Sky Blue

He can play many positions though can't he. I am not necessarily talking about right back.

His only other recognised position is CB and I don’t want him in there. Start DaCosta and actually use him rather than playing daft 1-2s to give away awful goals

Users who are viewing this thread