Final warning from Robins (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Costa is out of position constantly, he can't defend, some of his passing is good and some of his crosses are good , but the amount of ball that is played behind him by opposition is frightening.

It shows the level of football understanding on here that a number of prominent posters have nothing but good words about Dacosta but call McCallum the weak link

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How i read it was that some players were not mentally strong enough for this level and were playing their way out of the club. Would think he referring to the Shipley and Hyam type of players rather than the Walker and Hamer.

I spoke to my friend about this before the game yesterday and if we did get relegated who out of any of our players would Championship teams seriously look at and be willing to pay for?

I could only come up with Hamer and Walker, I think in that identifies what a tough job Robins has got with these players at this level.

Who would sign Walker for money in the championship? Haven't seen anywhere enough from him.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Who would sign Walker for money in the championship? Haven't seen anywhere enough from him.

Someone perhaps going up from League 1. Young English striker with a half decent scoring record, not sure he would have teams scrambling for his signature but I was scraping the barrel myself at this point haha.

Sky Blue Pete

I don’t think any of them, Shipley and Hyam most probably but I don’t know if public beration will get more out of them. Hamer hasn’t been great last two games but nobody has. Da Costa has been ok, Walker’s just come back in and looks good just not lone striker good.

Maybe Robins should look internally with his criticisms because from where I was sat he sent out a side that played into making it as easy as possible for the opposition
Tried that I think this is the next stage

Barnsley

Do you still stand by your ridiculous comment that we would finish above Barnsley this season?

When I first joined this forum I told you all if we could start scoring we’d be a top 6 side, now I genuinely believe we’ve got a realistic chance to challenge for a play off place. I know you’ll still think I’m crazy but we’ll not be far off if we can continue beating the teams below us.

Evo1883

When I first joined this forum I told you all if we could start scoring we’d be a top 6 side, now I genuinely believe we’ve got a realistic chance to challenge for a play off place. I know you’ll still think I’m crazy but we’ll not be far off if we can continue beating the teams below us.
I didn't believe you, its nice to be proven wrong sometimes... Good for Barnsley

fernandopartridge

we made 16 signings when we were promoted, it took half a season for them to get up to speed . Now we’ve been in play off chasing form for last 14 months.

16 signings on promotion, not in between last season and this?

We've made 14 including loans (nb that does include re-loaning Giles and loaning McCallum).

chiefdave

No last summer we only signed 7 players, the summer before we sign 16.
How many of those are playing for the first team regularly, 3 or 4? Which is probably roughly in line with what our plan is. What I can't see happening is what some are suggesting which is the majority of the current squad being cast aside and higher standard replacements brought in.

In the past Robins has shown no mercy with moving on players who have been part of a promotion side so if it was going to happen it would have happened on promotion. It didn't and I think we all know that is, at least in part, down to the budget available to him. Not sure where people think the money is coming from to replace all but 2 of 3 of the first team.

Covkid1968#

Would obvs like to see Dacosta used when he’s in acres.....but equally would like to see him mix it up a bit. Take a player on FFS. His first game he was cutting in occasionally but mostly first time crosses.. whilst very good, shouldn’t always be the option.

Barnsley

How many of those are playing for the first team regularly, 3 or 4? Which is probably roughly in line with what our plan is. What I can't see happening is what some are suggesting which is the majority of the current squad being cast aside and higher standard replacements brought in.

In the past Robins has shown no mercy with moving on players who have been part of a promotion side so if it was going to happen it would have happened on promotion. It didn't and I think we all know that is, at least in part, down to the budget available to him. Not sure where people think the money is coming from to replace all but 2 of 3 of the first team.

Out of last nights 20 man squad 4 of them played for us in league one. We’re rotating the squad quite a lot, we use all 5 subs every game and make 2 or 3 changes to the starting line up.

Users who are viewing this thread