Feature on central news tonight (1 Viewer)

Grendel

The logic of the move to Northampton is that devalues the Arena and any 'independent' valuation as GCBTR proposes has to value a stadium without an anchor tenant as the sale price. But I think there one major reason for SISU to value it higher (ie realistically) the fact that they no longer have to build legoland.

OMG, Rob wants just what SISU wants!

OMG Jack wants just what the council wants!

TurkeyTrot

i recon there was no direct contact between Rob and ACL/Higgs. A bit like the rent offer through the FL wasn't direct.

Hopefully Rob has now contacted PWKH (he could always send him a PM on here) so they can get together and have a chat. Rob needs the full picture so he can have a full and meaningful manifesto. I think we seen enough from Rob's court reports to know he shoots pretty straight (he seemed to report the facts not conjecture) clearly he just has some loose ends to tidy up.
Sorry, I don't understand, either he's been in contact or he hasn't, it's that simple. If he has then the gentleman from the Higgs needs to explain why he says he hasn't, if he hasn't Rob needs to explain why he says he has.
Not really a loose end is it?

sky blue john

Sorry, I don't understand, either he's been in contact or he hasn't, it's that simple. If he has then the gentleman from the Higgs needs to explain why he says he hasn't, if he hasn't Rob needs to explain why he says he has.
Not really a loose end is it?

TT I believe Tony was being sarcastic.

NorthernWisdom

It seems like the elephant in the room, and I don't mean sky blue Sam, to me it's fundamental that this question is answered yet no one seems too bothered or not whether it is, everyone's too busy sniping at each other which screws up any real debate.
They guy from Higgs says no, while Rob says yes, which one is being economical with the truth?

He did say the Council/Higgs/ACL side, so both can be correct.

skybluetony176

TT I believe Tony was being sarcastic.

only the first line.

i'm willing to give Rob the benefit of doubt at the moment but i will conceed that he could do with clarifying this one way or the other. if its an honest mistake i'm sure its not worth getting hung up on, this off course works the other way if its PWKH who has got it wrong which i'm sure grendull will whole heartedly agree with.

the grendull bit was sarcasm.

lewys33

How is the Ricoh worth less without a football club in it?

ACL as a business is worth less, yes. However I thought they were only interested in the freehold? Freehold doesn't magically drop in value does it? I dont remember ever seeing houses at half the price because nobody lives there?!

Lets not get carried away with plan B though ;)

PWKH

Oh right, err ok then.i thought they were all separate entities. My bad.

No. You are completely right.
If Rob S wants to talk about the freehold he needs to talk to CCC. If he wants to talk about rentals or use of the Ricoh he needs to talk to ACL. If it is about a sale and purchase of the shares in ACL then it is CCC or the Higgs Charity.
For the avoidance of doubt he has NOT talked, nor have Reid or Cosgrove talked to the Higgs Charity (or ACL) nor have they sought an opportunity to do so.

skybluetony176

If Rob S wants to talk about the freehold he needs to talk to CCC. If he wants to talk about rentals or use of the Ricoh he needs to talk to ACL. If it is about a sale and purchase of the shares in ACL then it is CCC or the Higgs Charity.
For the avoidance of doubt he has NOT talked, nor have Reid or Cosgrove talked to the Higgs Charity (or ACL) nor have they sought an opportunity to do so.

Would you welcolme an approach to talk from them and would you accept it?

TurkeyTrot

Thank you for clearing that up. Much appreciated.

olderskyblue

They can indeed be.

It doesn't stop both of them being correct.

"We've spoken to all sides in this and will continue to do so, so yes to talking to people from the Sisu side. And the Council/Higgs/ACL side. And a few other sides too".

Nobody from this campaign has spoken to Higgs (or ACL). No request for a meeting has been received yet.

So, Rob can be correct providing you ignore the Higgs/ACL part of his quote?

NorthernWisdom

So, Rob can be correct providing you ignore the Higgs/ACL part of his quote?

Indeed.

Depends if he collects them all together or not.

If you reduce it to a simple SISU v the rest (let's face it, has anybody spoken to Brody in all this after all, so has anybody spoken to every paty on the SISU 'side' ;) ) then it doesn't have to be incorrect.

The baying for blood of some on this thread (not all, btw, and not TurkeyTrot just to clarify, given I weighed in by quoting his post ;) ) is slightly curious for sure.

By all means ask him to clarify.

But it's becoming a bit school playground (for a change ;) ) with cries of liar liar pants on fire.

Now, if it holds true to wait for the council to clarify some dubious looking emails before hanging drawing and quartering them, the same applies here no?

chiefdave

Anyway, the answers should be coming up sharp-ish I'd hope ;)

Assuming Rob hasn't done a bunk this does show a slight problem for the campaign. They need to be able to react and respond quickly when there are any questions or issues such as this. If they can't then the rumour mill will go into overdrive and people will draw their own conclusions.

NorthernWisdom

Assuming Rob hasn't done a bunk this does show a slight problem for the campaign. They need to be able to react and respond quickly when there are any questions or issues such as this. If they can't then the rumour mill will go into overdrive and people will draw their own conclusions.

That is a fair point, and goes back to the point I made in this thread way back when, that the timescale to draw this all up and iron out teething problems is... short.

And if it goes wrong, they get next to no votes, it effectively sends out a message counter to that intended, that nobody cares about the club coming back, or anybody doing anything to assist it coming back.

TurkeyTrot

I do find it a bit odd this the hasn't responded yet. Maybe he's busy and we're all doing him a mis service.

Nick

Administrator
When i checked earlier his account hadn't been online since yesterday I think when he posted?

Rob S

Time to jump in…I was hoping for a couple of days off TBH ;)

I've got nine pages to catch up on and no time to do that until the morning but I'll clear up what seems to be the burning question. (my emphasis added)

Rob S said in post #80:

"We've spoken to all sides in this and will continue to do so, so yes to talking to people from the Sisu side. And the Council/Higgs/ACL side. And a few other sides too".

Nobody from this campaign has spoken to Higgs (or ACL). No request for a meeting has been received yet.

I've had conversations with both Paul Harris & Peter and when I spoke to Paul I said I would get in touch to see if we could arrange a meeting although I haven't had a chance to follow up on that yet.

Peter: I was sitting behind you in court and we spoke twice. Once about what could be done to sort out the situation and later on when you spoke, very passionately, about the work and aims of the charity aside from this saga.

At a slight tangent, a question for dongonzalos:
You said that you were in the High Court. Do you want to say who you are and your relation to all of this?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
isn't that the nature of the internet though ...... people expect instant replies and jump to conclusions when they don't get

there are a lot of questions unanswered, and what look like contradictions.......... character assassination is uncalled for I think.

Surely you have to accept that anyone here posts things out on the basis that they think they are doing the right thing......
it might not agree with what you or I believe/think, but does it have to?

I think it is only right to wait for his reply or for events to unwind

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

isn't that the nature of the internet though ...... people expect instant replies and jump to conclusions when they don't get

there are a lot of questions unanswered, and what look like contradictions.......... character assassination is uncalled for I think.

Surely you have to accept that anyone here posts things out on the basis that they think they are doing the right thing......
it might not agree with what you or I believe/think, but does it have to?

I think it is only right to wait for his reply or for events to unwind

What's your agenda? Eh?

PWKH

I had no idea that was you. Indeed I saw you sitting with Les Reid for the first two days in Court and passed the time of day with you. I saw you outside the Court in the Lock, Stock and Barrel and compared with you the ales on offer with our local East Sussex ale from Harveys of Lewes and asked if that was what you drank at home in Brighton. I did indeed talk about the work of the Charity. If this is classed as "talking with all sides" I would hope everyone would be polite and behave properly. To suggest that any of it was meaningful discussion about the sale and purchase of the Higgs Charity shares is fanciful. Paul didn't mention it, but why ask him to arrange a meeting when you could have asked either the Chair of the Charity or me, the Clerk.

fernandopartridge

I had no idea that was you. Indeed I saw you sitting with Les Reid for the first two days in Court and passed the time of day with you. I saw you outside the Court in the Lock, Stock and Barrel and compared with you the ales on offer with our local East Sussex ale from Harveys of Lewes and asked if that was what you drank at home in Brighton. I did indeed talk about the work of the Charity. If this is classed as "talking with all sides" I would hope everyone would be polite and behave properly. To suggest that any of it was meaningful discussion about the sale and purchase of the Higgs Charity shares is fanciful. Paul didn't mention it, but why ask him to arrange a meeting when you could have asked either the Chair of the Charity or me, the Clerk.

Is that the Fullers pub in Birmingham?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
my agenda is to try to explain the twists and turns as best and where I can fp . It is why I got involved on forums in the first place and remain here. Not here to get involved in name calling which ever side of the fence someone sits on.

Shouldn't be about personalities, what is going on at the club should be clear and unambiguous .....

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Time to jump in…I was hoping for a couple of days off TBH ;)

I've got nine pages to catch up on and no time to do that until the morning but I'll clear up what seems to be the burning question. (my emphasis added)

I've had conversations with both Paul Harris & Peter and when I spoke to Paul I said I would get in touch to see if we could arrange a meeting although I haven't had a chance to follow up on that yet.

Peter: I was sitting behind you in court and we spoke twice. Once about what could be done to sort out the situation and later on when you spoke, very passionately, about the work and aims of the charity aside from this saga.

At a slight tangent, a question for dongonzalos:
You said that you were in the High Court. Do you want to say who you are and your relation to all of this?

Rob I never said I was at court. I said I would have liked the court hearing to be at Birmingham instead of London. Then when it was announced it was, I said I hope it is with Justice Leggatt due to the manner in which he handled the previous case and in the interests of obtaining a speedier resolution due to his pre knowledge. That was misinterpreted that I was there.

Could you answer me regarding whether you think the depreciation of value due to actions of SISU should be taken into consideration, in regards to your view that a deal should be done?

Also I have to agree with PWKH it did sound like you have had meaningful chats with the charity (ACL) about the situation as oppose to the best beer on tap. Why have you not taken up the opportunity to have that meeting, it sounds to me like you would benefit from it.

Rob S

Unfortunately I'm in the cinema now so I'll catch up in everything in the morning and happy to fill in any gaps.

BTW, for anyone trying to spin it another way, "spoken to" = anything from an official minutes council meeting to a telephone conversation and anything in between.

Nothing underhand in a small part of a comment but interesting to see how it has been picked up on. Welcome to politics I guess. I knew we'd be getting backs up at the council :)

NorthernWisdom

Unfortunately I'm in the cinema now so I'll catch up in everything in the morning and happy to fill in any gaps.

BTW, for anyone trying to spin it another way, "spoken to" = anything from an official minutes council meeting to a telephone conversation and anything in between.

Nothing underhand in a small part of a comment but interesting to see how it has been picked up on. Welcome to politics I guess. I knew we'd be getting backs up at the council :)

On the plus side,you now know PWKH is happy to meet you in a formal capacity, so there's a door opened.

Rusty Trombone

And getting the backs up of people that you want to vote for your candidates.

skybluetony176

Rob, you seem well connected in sisu circles. Can you find out under what terms will CCFC's tenancy agreement will be with sisu should they gain control of the ricoh or indeed build imagination land. It would be a lot easier to get on board with sisu's plans if we knew exactly what this means for the club. They seem reluctant to make this clear yet assuming the tenancy agreement is going to be something that all fans have been dreaming of (which is what they seem to be trying to sell us) it would be the easiest cheapest bit of PR they could do, yet nothing.

It seems to me that your campaign looses a lot of clout without this knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread