Feature on central news tonight (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Lol
Oh yes he's done loads !!
Can you point out exactly what he has done to get us back to Cov ?
Because Kcic have done an e-petition, Arsenal match exposure. Ribbons to name just a few !!!

Oh are we back in Coventry - forgive me I missed that one.

The Gentleman

Welcome back. Be nice to hear your comments regarding those emails. Or, as most on here desperatly plead, were they "taken out of context"?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Desperately plead? how low are you prepared to stoop just to try and make people look daft eh? Maybe people (most that is) are waiting for the full facts and complete emails from CCC (and Sisu's) until after the JR to finally decide what to do next. Do you really think that this whole case is based on a few emails?

I find it hilarious that a few emails from CCC have got some on here wetting the bed with excitement. It's almost like it has become an open and shut case.

I would imagine the reason a lot of people on here are not prepared to completely lay into CCC is that the full facts from both sides have not been released and seeing as this could be massive for CCFC I don't see that as a bad thing. You and some others can throw the book at CCC all you want but some on this forum are prepared to wait. I would think that most still dislike Sisu/Otium for the fact that we play 35 miles from home amongst other things which have actually happened.

dongonzalos

I think we had the real truth in court with no doubt more to come.

Stop trolling and spitting in the face of the club.

I am happy that in that the judges injections and summing up we got the truth in court.

I don't think SISU offered a 2 million donation to charity and I don't believe Joy was not involved in the rent strike decision. If you believe that then fair enough, but that would tell me a lot.

The judge said most if SISU portrayal of the Charity is incorrect and unfortunate so you are correct the truth came out.

dongonzalos

Welcome back. Be nice to hear your comments regarding those emails. Or, as most on here desperatly plead, were they "taken out of context"?

What was wrong with the emails, bar the language in one?

Last edited:

sky blue john

From a business perspective I thought the emails, which by the way where after the event (outlined negotiation period) tame.
If a customer of mine stopped paying me and then offered to buy my company for nothing, you could imagine my words.
Also anyone asking me to still consider dealing with said customer has got to be joking !!

skybluetony176

Oh are we back in Coventry - forgive me I missed that one.

All efforts by all groups can only keep attention in the media to promote a reaction whether that be TV coverage of the why and when signs at Arsenal or 20odd guys outside the council house with Les Reid's backing and TV coverage. if you're deeming 1 of these groups to have failed as we are not back in coventry then surely they have all failed.

a more realistic view is that the best any of them can do is keep our plight in the media and thus keeping the pressure on all parties whether that be ACL, Higgs, CCC, Otium, SISU and the FL/FA. i would argue that all are succeeding in doing this so there is no failure by any group.

Last edited:

Gary.j

We're still yet to see any compelling reason as to why sisu should be entrusted with the stadium!

All we've had so far is;

1, "sisu couldn't do any worse that ACL/CCC" which, using the football club as an example of their managerial expertise, quite clearly sisu could do much, much worse!

2, "let sisu take ownership of the Ricoh, then they'll leave." There is absolutely no evidence or guarantee that sisu will leave, they could hang around for years taking management fees, remortgaging, loading debt etc.

What happens to the stadium if sisu take ownership?
Who will sisu sell to?
How much will sisu/new owners charge the club?
Will they even want to use it as a football venue?
No one can answer any of those questions!

So, I ask again, why should sisu be entrusted with the stadium?

J

Jack Griffin

Looks to me like you have managed to get a meeting with Joy and have fallen for her spin like others before you have.

So why haven't you posted since we all found out that you haven't spoken to all sides like you said? Why did you try to mislead us? It doesn't make anything that you have said sound believable does it?

We need people that want to be in the spotlight to be truthful to us. Sorry to say but it don't look like you fit the bill. You certainly don't seem independent of all sides.

If a meeting has taken place then when did it take place and who was it between? Asture is right, we need openness and honesty, not someone being in a privileged position asking everyone else to trust them and do as they say.

sky blue john

Gary be careful not to upset the council bashers on here.
Sisu's track record is shocking.
But you have to understand 10% of our supporters don't care as long as we are back at the Ricoh. Which is surprising really because those supporters take every opportunity to knock the Ricoh on here !

torchomatic

Asture is right, we need openness and honesty, not someone being in a privileged position asking everyone else to trust them and do as they say.

So in that case CCC shouldn't hide behind the JR and give us some 'openness and honesty'?

torchomatic

No we are not !!
So please enlighten me with what Rob S has achieved ?

To be fair the same as KCiC and the Trust. Zilch.

blend

This campaign seems to be one based upon conjecture. Nothing wrong with holding all sides to account. It is however important if representing a political organisation to present a solid argument especially when engaging opposition. For me it would seem that this campaign may have little to do with our plight and more to do with Politics and the upcoming elections. Best of luck to you Rob for I think you personally have good intentions, just tread warily around those seeking a change in power.

shmmeee

So in that case CCC shouldn't hide behind the JR and give us some 'openness and honesty'?

Stop your whataboutery and answer the point. Why should we trust someone running for office if they won't even put a manifesto together and if they've been proven to be holding information back.

CCC aren't running on a campaign about the club, they realised that only a small % of the city care that much about that, I'm sure you can ask them questions about th epolicies they are running on and they'll answer.

GCBTTR IS running on a campaign about the club and should be able to answer basic questions. If it's a matter of manpower Rob I will restate my previous offer of help. But really you're not off to the best of starts. Our fans have had it up to here with "need to know" information and unanswered questions, they won't wait around forever. If you can get onto Central News, you can get onto here.

skybluetony176

To be fair the same as KCiC and the Trust. Zilch.

almost right in that they've all achieved the same, column inches and TV coverage. I dont understand what else realisticly people expect them change, certainly nothing over night. its polotics and polotics is a long game. they are all keeping the media spotlight on our situation and thats a success in its own.

dongonzalos

As a group we're calling for negotiations based on independent valuations. Certainly no giveaways!

It's important to consider not only the value of the Ricoh Arena as an asset but the value it brings in to the city. With our football club, concerts and lots of other stadium events back in, it will bring millions more to an area of the city that desperately needs it.

Ron is the valuation based on it been devalued due to the owners of CCFC failing to run the club well leading to relegation to division three. Then having a rent strike and moving out.

Or is it a valuation based upon a well run club at the ground?

dongonzalos

And here is the problem. One side has the club, one side has the stadium. The club side can go and build a new one, the stadium side can do other things with the stadium. In the meantime, our club is playing in a dump 35 miles away.

You know the really annoying thing? We've seen from recent disclosures that the Higgs' share of ACL could have been sold, which would have prevented all this subsequent mess, except that there was an impasse over the value (Higgs wanted £5.5m, Sisu offered £2m after due diligence) and the Council were going to veto the sale anyway.

So now millions are being lost by businesses and business taxes lost to the city.

The Council tried to force Sisu to offload the club and failed. We have a JR coming up to decide the legality of what they did but no matter what the outcome, Sisu still own the club. The club had another 10pts deducted this season in a further attempt to damage the owners and we as fans are being denied the chance of a playoff attempt because of that.

Meanwhile, the income to the city is down by millions because the club isn't there so the city is already out of pocket and that will continue.

For the good of the city, the club, the fans and the owners, a deal needs to be struck. It's a compromise deal to be sure but it is a deal that gets us out of this mess without dragging it on. The city can get an income boost, we get our team back & Sisu get the chance to recoup some of the £millions and move on. Or we can keep squabbling about it all and spend 5 years building a stadium somewhere else whilst our support collapses.

This is why we believe that the Council needs to be held to account for their part. We can hit a business like Sisu in the pocket but with the Council it is at the ballot box.

You never answered if SISU should profit from devaluing the product via their actions? Or should the value be a true reflection of what it would be with a well run football club based there

Grendel

Ron is the valuation based on it been devalued due to the owners of CCFC failing to run the club well leading to relegation to division three. Then having a rent strike and moving out.

Or is it a valuation based upon a well run club at the ground?

Hold on I thought you said that the place is a Gold mine without the club?

Now are you saying the ground is worth more with the club in it -- and the club has to pay that element even though its only worth it if the club is there? Perhaps ACL should pay the club the difference in valuations to come back?

Rusty Trombone

Now are you saying the ground is worth more with the club in it -- and the club has to pay that element even though its only worth it if the club is there? Perhaps ACL should pay the club the difference in valuations to come back?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the club will buy ACL/Ricoh. The club will carry on paying rent to whoever owns it, unless Fisher decides (on his own) not to pay of course.

dongonzalos

I thought it was aiming to break even without the club then try and find other business if the club does not come back.

Is it more valuable or less valuable since SISU took over CCFC?

Grendel

I thought it was aiming to break even without the club then try and find other business if the club does not come back.

I wouldn't know but clearly the lower valuation is the correct one as if the club alters the valuation in a positive way then it would effectively be paying twice if it purchased at the higher value. Crazy logic.

shmmeee

I wouldn't know but clearly the lower valuation is the correct one as if the club alters the valuation in a positive way then it would effectively be paying twice if it purchased at the higher value. Crazy logic.

Yes. Yes it is crazy logic. What are you on about?

sky blue john

Its seems strange that Sisu's master plan is distressing Acl at the same time as distressing ccfc !!
Is there any company that Sisu have a positive effect on ?

italiahorse

Obviously the Ricoh is worth more with a club in it.
CCC would have based there decision to build the stadium (or not) on the income received with a football club in situ.
Added security of a long lease would have eased any concerns.

There is no doubt that ACL would plan to at least break even during the early vulnerable years.
I'm surprised SISU didn't start their plan earlier when ACL were really vulnerable. (Really poor SISU management?)

sky blue john

Rob S is trying to have a sensible discussion. He is one mother most sensible and astute people we have had on here and who recognises what has to be done.

If you can't engage in a sensible way why not just leave the stupid comments eh?

Robeo for where art thou Robeo ?

TurkeyTrot

We don't know Grendels newest hero has done a vanashing act !!

It seems like the elephant in the room, and I don't mean sky blue Sam, to me it's fundamental that this question is answered yet no one seems too bothered or not whether it is, everyone's too busy sniping at each other which screws up any real debate.
They guy from Higgs says no, while Rob says yes, which one is being economical with the truth?

dongonzalos

Would be very hard as both a businessman or an individual, to sell at a lower value to the person you feel caused the value to be lowed in the first place.
Out of the business world, such action would be deemed as blackmail

Last edited:

hill83

Would be very hard a both a businessman or an individual to sell at a lower value to the person you feel caused the value to be lowed.
Out if the business world such action would be deemed as blackmail

has_anynoe.jpg

I do get what you are trying to say though.

skybluetony176

It seems like the elephant in the room, and I don't mean sky blue Sam, to me it's fundamental that this question is answered yet no one seems too bothered or not whether it is, everyone's too busy sniping at each other which screws up any real debate.
They guy from Higgs says no, while Rob says yes, which one is being economical with the truth?

i recon there was no direct contact between Rob and ACL/Higgs. A bit like the rent offer through the FL wasn't direct.

Hopefully Rob has now contacted PWKH (he could always send him a PM on here) so they can get together and have a chat. Rob needs the full picture so he can have a full and meaningful manifesto. I think we seen enough from Rob's court reports to know he shoots pretty straight (he seemed to report the facts not conjecture) clearly he just has some loose ends to tidy up.

sky blue john

Agreed but I just figured he'd gone away to get guidance !!
Or revert to the Sisu operational manual.

J

Jack Griffin

Obviously the Ricoh is worth more with a club in it.
CCC would have based there decision to build the stadium (or not) on the income received with a football club in situ.
Added security of a long lease would have eased any concerns.

There is no doubt that ACL would plan to at least break even during the early vulnerable years.
I'm surprised SISU didn't start their plan earlier when ACL were really vulnerable. (Really poor SISU management?)

The logic of the move to Northampton is that devalues the Arena and any 'independent' valuation as GCBTR proposes has to value a stadium without an anchor tenant as the sale price. But I think there one major reason for SISU to value it higher (ie realistically) the fact that they no longer have to build legoland.

OMG, Rob wants just what SISU wants!

Users who are viewing this thread