Feature on central news tonight (2 Viewers)

Grendel

But you's be happy to give it to a complete stranger.... like Haskell for instance?

Why not? Joe dinsah anyone?

Ian1779

Jesus Ian, take a chill pill. i was stating opinion based on your opinion. No rant given or intended and no statement given or intended. i know the last couple of days have been hectic on here for you, take some deep breaths.

the simple fact is when you look at what evidence is available and the most recent history of premiership club sales (Fulham) its imposible to see whats in it for Joy and her mates. They are'nt an Al-Fayed or Khan who have money in their own right and owning a football club is largely an exersize in vanity, they're here for a return on their investment.

You are right, and if SISU were to get their investment back then they would one of a very few that made any money out of a football club. Getting to PL would be the best bet of getting back as much as they can, they've obviously had their fingers burned... but that is their own fault because of what they failed to do properly when they first took over.

Grendel

You are right, and if SISU were to get their investment back then they would one of a very few that made any money out of a football club. Getting to PL would be the best bet of getting back as much as they can, they've obviously had their fingers burned... but that is their own fault because of what they failed to do properly when they first took over.

Very sensible and balanced response. The premier league is a minimum of £116 million pounds.

skybluetony176

sounds like we agree ;)

what i cant understand is why they just dont get out now rather than gamble any more money.

that wasn't a direct question by the way, i know you need to go for a lie down ;)

chiefdave

I don't understand where this 'you just want to hand them everything' idea is coming from.

My comment at handing everything over wasn't aimed at you, it was a reply to Grendel who seems to believe everything should be handed over to SISU free of charge. I've never understood why, if they want to own the lease, freehold or any combination of things, SISU didn't put in a conditional formal offer and force the councils hand. if it was known publicly that an offer had been made then the onus would be on the council to make some sort of response. If the offer was seen to be fair and was dismissed by the council then you wouldn't need to drum up support against the council, it was happen all by itself!

As for business plans & the like…I can but ask but as that is financial information for shareholders and the like, the obvious reply would be that it comes under commercial confidentiality. By the same token, I doubt we'd get to see a similar roadmap or business plan for the Ricoh Arena development in the post-CCFC era.

I appreciate they may not want to give full detail but that's not what people are asking for. Most people can see that their actions (both playing at Northampton and building a new stadium) do not stack up in the slightest. If SISU were to come out with a plausible explanation as to why their course of action is the best for the future of the club people might get on board.

Frankly I don't care if we get a roadmap about the Ricoh, the club aren't playing there and I don't live locally so it does't matter to me if it closes tomorrow. As someone who takes pride in my hometown I would rather it didn't as I think it's an asset but it doesn't really bother me one way or the other.

The clarity is, they want to move forward with the new stadium. For our part, we want negotiations to restart that involve getting CCFC back playing at the Ricoh.

If I understand you correctly your campaign, political or otherwise, is based on applying pressure to reopen negotiations with SISU yet SISU have shown no interest in talking to the council should that offer be made. And of course the council have left the door open for SISU to come back to them and make an offer. I'm not sure that's a particularly robust platform. Lets say you are successful, there's every chance SISU won't accept the councils offer. Would it not be better to get confirmation from SISU that they wish to negotiate with the council and from what starting point then you have something specific to aim for?

J

Jack Griffin

True - I would have thought some money would also come back from TV monies and other areas (sponsorship). If the club could secure 2/3 years in Prem then they could probably sell getting back most of their investment.

Yeah, that's dead easy, that is what Ranson tried to do while pissing £20M up against the wall.
And there is bugger all competition, hold on wait a minute, I meant competition for that rich prize is as fierce as it gets!

chiefdave

Has anyone heard anymore about this? Think the deadline for candidates in the elections around now so we should see which wards and being covered and who has put themselves forward.

Rob S

Has anyone heard anymore about this? Think the deadline for candidates in the elections around now so we should see which wards and being covered and who has put themselves forward.

Nominations closed @ 4pm and candidates should be up on the Council website later this evening. New thread coming...

wingy

Nominations closed @ 4pm and candidates should be up on the Council website later this evening. New thread coming...

Isn't Jon Gaunt at a loose end currently ,sure he'd love a bash at toppling the CCC leader,after being released from his PR duties with the Police Federation?

May have missed a trick there .

Users who are viewing this thread