Feature on central news tonight (3 Viewers)

wingy

Just made a reference " Why CCC bailed out the RICOH arena ".

wingy

Sorry looks like i was wrong ,they mentioned during a break during the Chase .

will check the website ,maybe they meant that.:(

wingy

All I could find on the Website ,doesnt seem to justify the tag they gave It.

Coventry City fans will protest outside the council house today Credit: Mike Egerton/EMPICS SportCoventry City fans plan to hold a major demonstration outside the city's Council House to call for a return to the Ricoh Arena on May 10th.
The 'Vote them Out' urges fans to use the forthcoming elections to vote for candidates who say they will help bring the club home.
The Sky Blues moved to Northampton Town's Sixfields Stadium at the start of the season for at least three years.
It follows a long-running rent row with the Ricoh Arena, which saw the club fall into administration.
Watch: Fans boycott first Coventry 'home' game - full report

J

Jack Griffin

Coventry City fans will protest outside the council house today Credit: Mike Egerton/EMPICS SportCoventry City fans plan to hold a major demonstration outside the city's Council House to call for a return to the Ricoh Arena on May 10th.
The 'Vote them Out' urges fans to use the forthcoming elections to vote for candidates who say they will help bring the club home.
The Sky Blues moved to Northampton Town's Sixfields Stadium at the start of the season for at least three years.
It follows a long-running rent row with the Ricoh Arena, which saw the club fall into administration.

Where Sky Blues Fans is Rob Stevens and a few buddies. There were 25 people on his last council house demo I think.

J

Jack Griffin

Where Sky Blues Fans is Rob Stevens and a few buddies. There were 25 people on his last council house demo I think.

shmmeee

Did it not prompt a statement from Ann Lucas that night though?

I thought she was going to make that statement anyway?

Edit: not so sure after reading the reports. May have been mistaken.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

Not if you believe her subsequent public statement..
http://www.coventry.gov.uk/news/art...lor_ann_lucas_leader_of_coventry_city_council

The statement that I made to the Full Meeting of the City Council on Tuesday 22 October was not 'rushed out' following the demonstration by fans outside the Council House. I had been considering making a statement to Council about these issues for some two or more weeks beforehand, and had discussed doing so with my closest political colleagues.

skybluetony176

If I remember correctly she repeated the invitation to talk to Joy for the third time and this time Joy actually bothered to reply. So one way or another it did have an effect.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
While I had it on fast forward I was thinking Rob looks a bit different to what I expected, so I put it on normal speed and saw him getting chuffed about flour!

letsallsingtogether

Went to the web site I see that Derby council are spending 27 million on a velodrome stadium that seats 1500 and up to a further 3000 for concerts makes our 25million seater stadium look like there car park. I thought councils shouldn't spend there money on sports facilities?

percy

Went to the web site I see that Derby council are spending 27 million on a velodrome stadium that seats 1500 and up to a further 3000 for concerts makes our 25million seater stadium look like there car park. I thought councils shouldn't spend there money on sports facilities?

Imagine that, how big would a 25m seat stadium look like

Users who are viewing this thread