Fabio Tavares (2 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Need to keep Waghorn around I think. If O'Hare is out until Nov/Dec we need players that can slot into that No 10 role. Walker and Kane to go hopefully.
If Waghorn goes now, then we will have his wages to invest in a new AM who is younger and more hungry. I like Waghorn but its time for him to go I think

Offhegoes

Long time until Sept 1st. Time enough for at least 1 of Walker, Waghorn & Kane to sort a move. Sure Robins will have a decent loan player ready to move on when and if one of the 3 go. Definitely looks like he will need an attacking central midfield player. No need for a RWB (even if Kane goes) - We have Dabo, and Eccles and the young lad Lusala if needed.

sylus

Waghorn well past his best, if ever there was a best personally i have never rated him and the qucker he goes the better for both parties

Chip Batch

Yeah, hope he’s ok but he’s not going to make it in this division. We need Godden back ASAP. Walker, Taveres and waghorn aren’t up to it. Which is being kind to Waghorn.

sotvtoday

What we've seen today is that if Tavares is lucky enough to not have a bad injury, he needs a move down a division or two, see if he can build a career. Today was not a striker's display...

Wish him all the best and all that, but if he's the answer to the question, I can only assume the question was asked in Welsh.
Fair enough. I've always wondered why he didn't get more time. Did he get any service?

Briles

Done his Achilles apparently if so that’s him out the rest of the season

Shame but hopefully it will quell the shouts for him to play by the eejits who are obsessed with having a teenager "take the league by storm" like its some Hollywood film

steve101

You have to question the number of innocuous serious injuries we are getting. Robins blamed the training pitch last season but things haven't improved since that was sorted.

ceetee

I was hopeful for Tavares but wasn't impressed today.

There was one incident when a ball was played from defence ( can't remember who) and Tavares turned his back on it as he thought it was going straight to the defender The ball went over the defenders head into space but Tavares was walking away. That's not a good look for a striker.

I'm very sorry for the lad sustaining that injury as he may not fully recover his speed but I'm less confident he'll eventually come good for us.

PVA

Shame for the lad, hope he recovers well.

I don't think it's fair to judge him on today. He only had half an hour in a game we were doing appallingly in.

Far more experienced players looked much worse than he did.

Robins clearly rates him enough to offer him a new deal and to give him minutes in the league. He's not as bad as some on here like to make out (nor is he as good as some probably think).

We desperately need a new striker ASAP.

EalingSB

Horrible injury - even worse than ACL if he has ruptured his Achilles. I didn’t think he looked good but what’s clear is he desperately needed game time - Robins acknowledged this during the week when he said he wanted to send him out on loan but couldn’t because we didn’t have enough in reserve to allow it. Is he out-of-contract this summer? Regardless, good luck with your recovery, Fabio.

duffer

I wonder if Tavares is a better player coming on against tired defenders than starting a game? He wasn't getting much change against a fairly average defence yesterday. I'd love to see him come good, but I'm not really certain he ever will. That said, I hope he recovers quickly from his injury and proves me wrong; he's still our player at the end of the day.

As for Waghorn, a decent, intelligent footballer at this level once, but just doesn't offer enough now. No disputing his effort, but I think the years have caught up with him, or at best we can't figure out how to use him effectively. Either way, time to move on, imho.

Reactions: AOM

larry_david

Whether fans rate him or not, the solid fact is that he's now not only a suffered a shocking injury that might take away an asset, his pace, but he also loses 9 months of crucial game development and training.

Injuries can make or break a career and I fear whatever was going to happen with him, now won't.

SBT

Whether fans rate him or not, the solid fact is that he's now not only a suffered a shocking injury that might take away an asset, his pace, but he also loses 9 months of crucial game development and training.

Injuries can make or break a career and I fear whatever was going to happen with him, now won't.
He’ll be almost 23 by the time he’s match fit and by Robins’ own admission he needs regular game time before he’s good enough to play for us. It’s not going to happen for him here unfortunately.

Otis

He’ll be almost 23 by the time he’s match fit and by Robins’ own admission he needs regular game time before he’s good enough to play for us. It’s not going to happen for him here unfortunately.
Nope.

He looked so incredibly raw last night, but you have to now think his path will lie elsewhere.

Grendel

Shame for the lad, hope he recovers well.

I don't think it's fair to judge him on today. He only had half an hour in a game we were doing appallingly in.

Far more experienced players looked much worse than he did.

Robins clearly rates him enough to offer him a new deal and to give him minutes in the league. He's not as bad as some on here like to make out (nor is he as good as some probably think).

We desperately need a new striker ASAP.

Robins offered contracts to hillsner Da Costa and new deals for sick notes like Kelly and Godden

He was awful - those rating waghorn lower than him last night are clowns

if he’d stayed on for 90 minutes we’d have been battered - only when Gyokeres came on did anything happen

Brighton Sky Blue

Robins offered contracts to hillsner Da Costa and new deals for sick notes like Kelly and Godden

if he’d stayed on for 90 minutes we’d have been battered - only when Gyokeres came on did anything happen
Yes we let in another 2 goals

Otis

I thought Waghorn was okay last night, apart from his finishing. He had a decent game.

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

He couldn’t hold the ball up at all and we’d have had zero movement in and around him

Hes 22 and plays like he’s 14

Not the point. We didn’t bother until 70 minutes. Gyo himself spent a lot of time trying to beat all of them on his own which really just went nowhere.

Grendel

Not the point. We didn’t bother until 70 minutes. Gyo himself spent a lot of time trying to beat all of them on his own which really just went nowhere.

Its exactly the point - Gyokeres got into the game when we we played the extra man in midfield

Brighton Sky Blue

Its exactly the point - Gyokeres got into the game when we we played the extra man in midfield
We conceded another two after he came on. No McF means whatever defence we put out is feeble against anything put into the box-he is the bigger absence

PVA

Except he didn't offer new contracts to Hillsner and Da Costa after seeing them in training for a year, like he did with Tavares.

Whether you think he's good enough or not Robins clearly sees something in him, it's clear from his comments (and the contract).

Users who are viewing this thread