Fabio Tavares (1 Viewer)

Offhegoes

Safe to assume that Fabio is clearly in Robin's plans this season, being brought on early yesterday at Sunderland. Good to see, he clearly has something about him. He's raw, no doubt but certainly a player that will make things happen, with his direct style and pace. I presume had Waghorn been fit he would of been on instead of Walker yesterday.

Londonccfcfan

Tavares definately excites me. As shown last year he lifts the stadium! Theres something about him.

Cameos at end of last season and a good pre season with first team behind him deserves his chance.

Moff

Ideally I think he’d be sent out on loan to League 1; without proper investment this probably isn’t going to happen.

I don’t see that myself.

He’s raw, but MR obviously sees something in him at this level. Getting in and around the squad, minutes on the pitch and learning off Championship (and an International) quality strikers can only be good for him.
Defenders always fear pace, and he has it, I’d rather us use it than someone else a League below.

(**edit, I could be biased that I would rather have Tavares in the squad than Waghorn)

Sick Boy

I don’t see that myself.

He’s raw, but MR obviously sees something in him at this level. Getting in and around the squad, minutes on the pitch and learning off Championship (and an International) quality strikers can only be good for him.
Defenders always fear pace, and he has it, I’d rather us use it than someone else a League below.

(**edit, I could be biased that I would rather have Tavares in the squad than Waghorn)
Disagree.
At his age he’s better off playing full 90 minute games to aid his development. He’s turning 22 in January, it’s not like he’s a 17 year old breaking through.

Last edited:

Moff

Disagree.
At his age he’s better off playing full 90 minute games to aid his development. He’s turning 22 in January, it’s not like he’s a 17 year old breaking through.

Age isn’t everything, in development.

I remember us signing a 21 year old from non league and throwing him in…….I think his name was Stuart Pearce.

Grendel

Age isn’t everything, in development.

I remember us signing a 21 year old from non league and throwing him in…….I think his name was Stuart Pearce.

it was very different then. Pearce used to advertise his services as a qualified electrician in the programme

Skybluedownunder

Send the boy on loan, get gametime, prove himself, come back after international Christmas break for second half of the season where he can kick on.
Would prefer to work with the more experienced strikers for the first half of the season while they should hopefully be match fit after having a full pre season and then when they start to become not match fit by not playing for half a year that’s when we bring Tavares into the fold and hopefully ship one of the others out on loan until the end of their contract at the end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

My hands were above my head in disbelief.. I think if he scored that we'd have gone on to win comfortably and let's be honest , you'd expect him of all players to score that
A v bad miss but as long as it's a rarity it's ok. If happens alot then rest of his game really dont offer a lot. Still expect him to be sold as we look to progress as a club.

But he can be a part of that progress if scoring boots on. Funny how that works out.

PVA

Robins clearly rates him.

Plus financially it’s much better to have a young lad on a (presumably) cheap wage to fill the 4th choice striker slot to get 10 minutes off the bench here and there than Waghorn or Walker on much, much higher wages. Which is why one of them will probably leave.

Tommo1993

My hands were above my head in disbelief.. I think if he scored that we'd have gone on to win comfortably and let's be honest , you'd expect him of all players to score that

Tbf me and old Gaz were the same. Though anyone who was watching on Sky would’ve missed it because they were busy showing a replay. Ball falls to him and you’d put a sickening amount of money on him finishing it.

P-U-S-B

Personally, I see Tav as 3rd choice striker. And not far behind Godden either. The miss doesn't bother me, it happens. But Tav gives us something Goddders doesn't. The game shifted so much when he and Dabo came on.

No way he should go out on loan. He is more than capable, and should get a handful of starts this year.

Need to get Waghorn off the wage bill. His Championship days are behind him.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Tea & Busquets

Personally, I see Tav as 3rd choice striker. And not far behind Godden either. The miss doesn't bother me, it happens. But Tav gives us something Goddders doesn't. The game shifted so much when he and Dabo came on.

No way he should go out on loan. He is more than capable, and should get a handful of starts this year.

“not far behind godden” godden’s goals per 90 is at the top of the league while tavares has made 1 goal in the league…

Sick Boy

Haha, he’s miles behind Godden.
At the moment it suits us to keep him around but for his own development he’d be better off playing regular first team football. Next season he’d be going on 23 and never been a regular starter in his career - he needs sustained first team football, like all players.

CDK

Tavaras is 3rd pick as reality has dawned that waghorn was past it when he signed to robins and he knows it me thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread