Fabio Tavares (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

and why can't he get sustained first team football here, he is more than capable, he will prove all the doubters wrong .
Which one out of Godden and Vik would you drop long term for him this season?

fatso

Which one out of Godden and Vik would you drop long term for him this season?
I wouldn't drop either as they are our best two strikers, but inevitably one (or both) will pick up an injury, or a suspension or just need resting, at which point I'd like to see Tavares given a chance. We know Waghorn and Walker arnt the answer, but maybe, just maybe Tavares is.

mmttww

It's worth keeping him around if we use 433 often enough to get him minutes, and maybe the odd start. He and Vik are the only strikers who could play wide in a front three.

If that turns out to be a one-off or hardly ever used variation, if we can't unload Walker or Waghorn, he'd be better off on loan til Jan in L1, L2 at a push.

Skybluedownunder

I still can’t believe people are calling for an unproven 22 year old with no first team league experience to be playing for us

Send the kid out on loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

I don’t think he’s going on loan , we will need him if anyone it will be Walker
Surely it would be Waghorn. We need four strikers especially if we play two and the best ones are clearly Gyokeres, Godden, Walker and Tavares. I guess the problem is that Walker is more likely to appeal to League 1 teams than Waghorn.

Mcbean

IMO Waggy isn’t a striker - he can score and make a goal - he can also come on and fill a striker role if required

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Personally, I see Tav as 3rd choice striker. And not far behind Godden either. The miss doesn't bother me, it happens. But Tav gives us something Goddders doesn't. The game shifted so much when he and Dabo came on.

No way he should go out on loan. He is more than capable, and should get a handful of starts this year.

Need to get Waghorn off the wage bill. His Championship days are behind him.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
I agree with everything other than the “not far behind Godden” claim

PUSB-We_are_going_up

He’s spent his entire career has a striker. He’s not mobile enough to play as a 10 for us.
I reckon with O’hare next to him he could work in that 10 role, however O’hare is injured so we can forget all about that and wish him luck on his future endeavours

Hertsccfc

He’s majorly overrated on here - he’s a decent prospect but to say he’s good enough to be a starter with team that’s supposed to have play-off ambitions is madness.
But what do you base your judgement on? I don't have a clue from the amount I have seen of him but have you seen lots of him in training or u23 games to have this extra insight?

AOM

Christ - the only way he’s going to be starting games in a few months is if we’re relegated to league 1.

This has echos of Ponticelli levels of hype all over again.

Tavares looks like a promising player and possibly a good option off the bench, but no way should be starting ahead of Gyokeres, Godden or Walker yet.
Not sure about Waghorn, but they both offer different things to the team

Hertsccfc

This has echos of Ponticelli levels of hype all over again.

Tavares looks like a promising player and possibly a good option off the bench, but no way should be starting ahead of Gyokeres, Godden or Walker yet.
Not sure about Waghorn, but they both offer different things to the team
Not sure anyone is suggesting that and certainly not me but I don't understand on what basis certain people have decided he isn't good enough

AOM

Not sure anyone is suggesting that and certainly not me but I don't understand on what basis certain people have decided he isn't good enough

From what I saw last season, he looked inexperienced and still quite raw, and Robins only playing him every now I think probably supports that.

He does offer something the other strikers don't though as he looks really quick and would be good against tired legs, but unless we lose both Walker and Waghorn, I think he'd benefit from a short loan somewhere

Sick Boy

No one’s said he doesn’t have the potential to be good enough. He does need to play regular first team football to reach his potential, IMO….as does any player.

Reactions: AOM

Legia Sky Blue

The trouble is that his pace offers us something off the bench that could prove useful to us now. Sending him off on loan takes that option away from us. We have already lost O'Hares skill set for the first half of the season by the look of it, so why voluntarily take another different option away from our armory?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There's another correlation between those that don't like Godden and those that don't like Tavares. The route cause being that they want Walker to play instead of either of them. God help if Tavares is actually any good and leap frogs Walker, every false move will be met with calls to be dropped, as we have seen with Godden after one uncharacteristic miss.

Flying Fokker

Christ - the only way he’s going to be starting games in a few months is if we’re relegated to league 1.
If he is massively overrated we may offload him Look at Tom Bayliss career trajectory. We profited. We gave Ponticelli some runouts and then loaned him out. Early days yet.

Moff

There's another correlation between those that don't like Godden and those that don't like Tavares. The route cause being that they want Walker to play instead of either of them. God help if Tavares is actually any good and leap frogs Walker, every false move will be met with calls to be dropped, as we have seen with Godden after one uncharacteristic miss.

Who has said Godden should be dropped?

You missed out the correlation of those of us who like Godden, and Walker and Tavares as back up, but think Waghorn should leave as he is slow/crap/his freed up wages would be useful*
(*choose your favourite)

Just because you like Tavares and Walker doesn’t mean who don’t want Godden partnering Gyokeres.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Who has said Godden should be dropped?

You missed out the correlation of those of us who like Godden, and Walker and Tavares as back up, but think Waghorn should leave as he is slow/crap/his freed up wages would be useful*
(*choose your favourite)

Just because you like Tavares and Walker doesn’t mean who don’t want Godden partnering Gyokeres.

Go on the match thread, several people are dropping Godden for Walker. It's the same pattern every time.

I agree that Tavares is raw and to throw him in this early is silly, but some are really knocking him down at every opportunity, and they are the same people that do it with Godden whilst regularly calling for Walker to play.

fernandopartridge

Go on the match thread, several people are dropping Godden for Walker. It's the same pattern every time.

I agree that Tavares is raw and to throw him in this early is silly, but some are really knocking him down at every opportunity, and they are the same people that do it with Godden whilst regularly calling for Walker to play.
I rate Godden but he's very slow, playing against a slow back 4 I'd play Walker. Walker the one that scored twice against Rotherham at St Andrews.

I wouldn't play Tavares because he isn't ready to start yet.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It’sabatch87

I honestly think we will get a tune out of Walker he’s a goal scorer and think he’s worth keeping also keep Tavares for his pace….
Now if we could offload Waghorn to Derby as they seem to be signing old has beens for league one!!

Skybluedownunder

I honestly think we will get a tune out of Walker he’s a goal scorer and think he’s worth keeping also keep Tavares for his pace….
Now if we could offload Waghorn to Derby as they seem to be signing old has beens for league one!!

Rotherham are desperate for a striker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

One concern - striker related - is the new rule allowing 'more contact' from defenders on strikers. It is fairly obvious that Vik will be targeted by defenders and if the new rules allow him to get kicked pillar to post, then we may need more than the usual amount of strikers in the squad (agree we need to ship at least one out) With the number of games in a compressed schedule, we could easily find ourselves with a couple of strikers out through injury. If that were e.g. Godden and Vik, we'd need at least Tavares plus one.

Users who are viewing this thread