Fabio Tavares - Sky Sports Rumour (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Fair and reasonable for me. I think it’s a mixture of ccc wasps and Sisu for me. The one organisation I give no blame is ccfc and the vast majority effected are thousands of ccfc fans

Wasps wouldn’t have had the chance otherwise, CCC share a lesser part for me.

shmmeee

Wasps wouldn’t have had the chance otherwise, CCC share a lesser part for me.

Got to love the classics.

The only way we ended up without a secure tenancy was because we gave up our secure tenancy on a gamble we could strong arm a better deal, which failed.

Once we’d handed control of our fate to third parties everything else is crying over spilt milk TBH.

I can’t see how anyone can claim a club out of the big leagues for a decade, not playing at home, unable to fund a team on the level of the rest of the division is a better position.

Mostly it seems we wasted a decade because the owner couldn’t be arsed to involve herself and is spectacularly bad at hiring people/advisors.

mark82

Think that's the key we need to be back in cov next season as it affects everything on the pitch. Think with no fans this season it worked in the clubs benefit re operating costs.
Short and long term we have to be in cov. Long term from your meetings how likely is the new stadium?

I'd love to say I 100% believe there will be a new stadium, but I'm still skeptical. There are talks going on but until there's a brick laid it's hard to get too excited. I don't know anything that's not public.

I'm more hopeful that we could be back in Coventry next season though. If we are then we need to start filling out the stadium as much as possible to give us half a chance. We really need to be getting back to 20k+ attendances in my opinion to be competitive under the current model.

shmmeee

I'd love to say I 100% believe there will be a new stadium, but I'm still skeptical. There are talks going on but until there's a brick laid it's hard to get too excited. I don't know anything that's not public.

I'm more hopeful that we could be back in Coventry next season though. If we are then we need to start filling out the stadium as much as possible to give us half a chance. We really need to be getting back to 20k+ attendances in my opinion to be competitive under the current model.

Drivings sales is not the job of the customers. If we don’t put on a product that attracts 20k after years of failure and lies, it won’t be the fault of Janet from Coundon.

NortonSkyBlue

Drivings sales is not the job of the customers. If we don’t put on a product that attracts 20k after years of failure and lies, it won’t be the fault of Janet from Coundon.
My big worry is that fans(not just of our club) will less inclined to go to games after the pandemic has run its course. The umbilical cord will have been severed for many and it will be difficult to engage them, especially if losing.

mark82

Absolutely right, but I think the product on the pitch is there to be fair (mostly). The club have got to find other ways to try to attract fans back.

The one thing I would say is that if as fans we don't show up to support the team then we cannot moan when we start slipping back towards the lower leagues.

Brighton Sky Blue

Got to love the classics.

The only way we ended up without a secure tenancy was because we gave up our secure tenancy on a gamble we could strong arm a better deal, which failed.

Once we’d handed control of our fate to third parties everything else is crying over spilt milk TBH.

I can’t see how anyone can claim a club out of the big leagues for a decade, not playing at home, unable to fund a team on the level of the rest of the division is a better position.

Mostly it seems we wasted a decade because the owner couldn’t be arsed to involve herself and is spectacularly bad at hiring people/advisors.

That’s essentially what happened. I don’t remember much good from 2012-17, it all kind of blurred into one steaming turd

shmmeee

Absolutely right, but I think the product on the pitch is there to be fair (mostly). The club have got to find other ways to try to attract fans back.

The one thing I would say is that if as fans we don't show up to support the team then we cannot moan when we start slipping back towards the lower leagues.

I think there’s 12-15k ready to go to be honest. But it would be a bad marketing strategy not to account for the PR missteps and try and ameliorate them. To be fair, while I have significant doubts about Boddy, his ability to win over fans isn’t one of them.

bawtryneal

Think that's the key we need to be back in cov next season as it affects everything on the pitch. Think with no fans this season it worked in the clubs benefit re operating costs.
Short and long term we have to be in cov. Long term from your meetings how likely is the new stadium?

You would assume our owners and their management team are working on that exact strategy

Grendel

Think it unlikely for many various reasons but I don’t doubt the owners desire to build a new stadium at all. Just don’t think the money and will is there to make it happen

You don’t doubt their desire to build - really?

Grendel

He’s just being Jonny Opposite again.

Not really people honestly have to get their heads out of the sand.

The owners have no interest in ccfc - please let’s at least be realistic about this. They have a business intent (calling it a strategy would imply some sort of joined up thinking) to distress another business to secure primary tenancy of a building.

There is nothing wrong with this as an aim and the strategy in the year of the Northampton move was a very good one in theory and could have worked.

The problem now is there is no real strategy at all. The aim is clearly to keep a curious pretence that they are in it for the fans but that’s not the case is it? If it was they would have signed a deal to remain in the City and would have easily increased revenue. So they are not even interested in revenue to support the product - they are in it for investors and they are in it just to try and ensure there high risk investment element have something to cling to.

Seppalla is a distaster zone. She’s a hedge fund owner operating an outdated hedge fund strategy in a sector it never even works in. She can’t accept defeat and instead just lumbers on in some absurd ideology she can capture a lease on a stadium her business cannot even afford

Off the pitch there is no direction there is no strategy and there is no purpose.

As for supporting the club the accounts will be interesting. In the last published accounts a million was drawn back in deferred interest payments - so let’s not go down the Boddy line of being grateful for support. It’s going to be interest bearing loans which will be recovered

I see no future here. There is no definable strategy now and regardless of blame apportionment this battle is lost. Seppalla is a punch drunk old school hedge fund owner who is smashed on the canvas by the council and their insect allies time and time again.

It’s obvious she’s never throwing the towel in but she needs a final knockdown as she’s a loser and she needs to go

Brighton Sky Blue

The owners have no interest in ccfc - please let’s at least be realistic about this. They have a business intent (calling it a strategy would imply some sort of joined up thinking) to distress another business to secure primary tenancy of a building.

There is nothing wrong with this as an aim and the strategy in the year of the Northampton move was a very good one in theory and could have worked.

The problem now is there is no real strategy at all. The aim is clearly to keep a curious pretence that they are in it for the fans but that’s not the case is it? If it was they would have signed a deal to remain in the City and would have easily increased revenue. So they are not even interested in revenue to support the product - they are in it for investors and they are in it just to try and ensure there high risk investment element have something to cling to.

Seppalla is a distaster zone. She’s a hedge fund owner operating an outdated hedge fund strategy in a sector it never even works in. She can’t accept defeat and instead just lumbers on in some absurd ideology she can capture a lease on a stadium her business cannot even afford

Off the pitch there is no direction there is no strategy and there is no purpose.

As for supporting the club the accounts will be interesting. In the last published accounts a million was drawn back in deferred interest payments - so let’s not go down the Boddy line of being grateful for support. It’s going to be interest bearing loans which will be recovered

I see no future here. There is no definable strategy now and regardless of blame apportionment this battle is lost. Seppalla is a punch drunk old school hedge fund owner who is smashed on the canvas by the council and their insect allies time and time again.

It’s obvious she’s never throwing the towel in but she needs a final knockdown as she’s a loser and she needs to go

Very well said to be honest, agree with all of that

NortonSkyBlue

I tend to agree with Grendel on this subject.
Yes they have been better and I no longer have thoughts about feeding them to truffle pigs. Although it is not beyond the realms of possibility, I think that we are deluding ourselves if anybody believes that a stadium will be built by Sisu.
It is clear that results on the pitch and now COVID has tempered any meaningful dissent and whilst we are on an upward trajectory that will probably be the case.

shmmeee

Best thing Sisu could do would be get a deal at the Ricoh and planning granted for a ground and sell up to someone who can see it through I reckon. Establish ourselves as a Championship club in the mean time and I think we’re a reasonable proposition to investors.

Brighton Sky Blue

Best thing Sisu could do would be get a deal at the Ricoh and planning granted for a ground and sell up to someone who can see it through I reckon. Establish ourselves as a Championship club in the mean time and I think we’re a reasonable proposition to investors.

I have no idea what Seppalla is waiting for, entering the 14th year of this

AOM

Appreciate we were at a lower level, which mitigates it to some extent, but it's hard to argue we haven't had success on the pitch the last couple of seasons. In that respect we're on the way up.

Obviously we need to be back in Coventry. That really goes without saying. Maybe we'll be back there next year, let's give it a few weeks and see where we are on that. Maybe we'll get some good news.

Have you heard something to suggest we might have some good news in the next few weeks, or is that just being hopeful about a return to Coventry?

hill83

Can’t disagree with any of that to be fair. Still though, your timing feels like you are just out to rustle a few feathers and entertain yourself on the forum.

Going on past experience.

Sky Blue Pete

You don’t doubt their desire to build - really?
Yep Ms Seppalla, Mr Boddy and Mr Robins are in no doubt that to progress the club we need to have our own stadium. Their desire is to continue to progress and that requires, in their opinion, a stadium the club owns

I don’t see how increasing our debt to build it helps us short medium or long term. I think a long term mutually beneficial agreement at the Ricoh to play in coventry is the best short and medium term solution and I’m certain wasps Ccfc and Sisu agree

If Warwick uni gift is the land and sponsorship and retail mean the stadium costs Sisu and the club very little my percentage would be above 5-10% but as that’s highly unlikely it’s still at no more than 10%.
I have no doubt that if Sisu and Ms Seppalla can see a return for the significant ivestment and they or she felt supported by all parties that it’s a possibility and more

Grendel

Why will they sell up? Ultimately I can’t see any sale Unless the funds are recovered - £20m - why would anyone buy a company with zero assets for that sum. Sisu with perfectly legal accounting mechanisms have tied us up in loan trees with SBS and L which makes administration and repurchase a guarantee every time

She is beyond reason and objectivity and on a revenge mission which of course she will lose again

Grendel

Can’t disagree with any of that to be fair. Still though, your timing feels like you are just out to rustle a few feathers and entertain yourself on the forum.

Going on past experience.

Im somewhat disturbed by the mood on here which seems to believe their business model is for the good of the club - we are stuffed to be honest

NorthernWisdom

Yep Ms Seppalla, Mr Boddy and Mr Robins are in no doubt that to progress the club we need to have our own stadium. Their desire is to continue to progress and that requires, in their opinion, a stadium the club owns
In terms of confidence going forward however, two of those have a pretty poor track record in seeing a new stadium through, and one's the team manager so can't really be expected to do it.

The other pair need to buck the trend of their past efforts.

SBT

Every penny and every minute we spend on new stadium plans will prove to be wasted time and money imo. The future is at the Ricoh. We'd be better off spending the cash on keeping Lee Camp for another month.

Anyway how about that Fabio Tavares huh

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I agree with all this, but the bizarre thing is the last few years without much of a strategy we've had our most successful period in a long long time. The club has had a particular transfer strategy but in terms of overall business strategy not really - I still see the stadium thing as a smokescreen.

Like you say I can't see who would be willing to bid for a club in our financial position other than the likes of Hoffman who want the prestige of owning a football club or a fan, but these people aren't likely to be sensible owners and certainly anyone looking at it with even half their financial head on would steer clear. Even then Joy would never ever get what she considers the club to be worth - she has a history of massively undervaluing stuff she wants to buy and overvaluing stuff she owns.

She'd be lucky to even get back her capital, let alone the interest that's accrued on it over the years. So at the moment she's going to do far better taking some of the accrued interest out each year and covering the cash shortfall, esp as we're again one step (albeit a massive step) from a huge income stream.

The fear is that if she just decided to up sticks and ask for the debt to be paid we're completely and immediately fucked. The consolation at the moment is I can't see that she or her investors would gain anything by doing so.

NorthernWisdom

he last few years without much of a strategy we've had our most successful period in a long long time.
Because we've fallen further than we've fallen before.

At some point, the intrinsic 'size' of the club will override any off-field shenanigans. Couple that with a good manager, who's instilled a winning culture (despite the instability outside of the team), and the benefit of momentum...

The danger is, when it's all built on sand, it can come crashing down very easily. tbh, since Fisher came into the club, the football side has not been overly badly managed (even the decisions that failed - Slade! have had a logic behind them), but the club culture has been a massive hurdle to overcome, too.

Evo1883

Well it’s not then is it? And it’s pretty obvious if we don’t want him we refuse to play the requisite number of games. It’s not the same as Clarke Harris or Jones when we paid loan fees to ensure a transfer

This is more like the Blair Adams situation when he never played 50 games for the club
Did you like Blair Adams, just out of curiosity... Completely forgot about him tbh

cov donkey kick

That's my thinking we need to back in cov because of the finance.

Grendel

Did you like Blair Adams, just out of curiosity... Completely forgot about him tbh

He was alright - the point was he was to incur a fee at a point in time and was then stopped from playing

Londonccfcfan

You could give tickets away for free and so called fans (customers) wouldn't go.

We have a hard core group of 6 to 7k who went to St Andrews.

It will be the same hard core 6 to 7 plus couple of thousand others at the Ricoh for bread and butter games.

The rest are glory hunters fair weather fans who are up for the big games (Wembley) etc.

We are not a big club in terms of season ticket holders not in recent memory.. Barnsley will sell more season tickets than us next season even if we are back at Ricoh.

Pretty pathetic fan base. Lots give it the large find excuses. Anyone can find a excuse not to go.

shmmeee

You could give tickets away for free and so called fans (customers) wouldn't go.

We have a hard core group of 6 to 7k who went to St Andrews.

It will be the same hard core 6 to 7 plus couple of thousand others at the Ricoh for bread and butter games.

The rest are glory hunters fair weather fans who are up for the big games (Wembley) etc.

We are not a big club in terms of season ticket holders not in recent memory.. Barnsley will sell more season tickets than us next season even if we are back at Ricoh.

Pretty pathetic fan base. Lots give it the large find excuses. Anyone can find a excuse not to go.

Utter nonsense.

People are people. We aren’t some magical special case, we get the fans we deserve.

What’s your hypothesis? That there’s something in Coventry water that turns people off football?

If you think we’d get 6k at the Ricoh in the Championship I don’t know what to tell you. And in recent memory we were at our lowest ebb for decades.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Utter nonsense.

People are people. We aren’t some magical special case, we get the fans we deserve.

What’s your hypothesis? That there’s something in Coventry water that turns people off football?

If you think we’d get 6k at the Ricoh in the Championship I don’t know what to tell you. And in recent memory we were at our lowest ebb for decades.
A bit confused by what you mean here. Are you saying we are as supported as we should be given the level we are at?

Undoubtedly we have had a shit deal, but would also say as a City we have very flaky football fans. I don't think it's 'something' in the water as you jokingly say but would say it definitely isn't a proper 'footballing' city and therefore our core group of fans is considerably lower than it should be and then there will be those that tail on for the ride when it's going well. Of course, that could be said for almost all clubs, but I think the point is, the core of City fans, for whatever reason, I am guessing you think it's because of performances, I would disagree, is considerably lower than it could or should be.

cc84cov

Strange the way the club get excited on Twitter etc over these signings for the under 23’s

Users who are viewing this thread