Fabio Tavares - Sky Sports Rumour (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Grendel

Needs to get himself back on Twitter. I miss old Grendel.

You can tolerate high risk strategy if occasionally there is a result but there never is and I don’t see how we can have a sustainable future with these owners

fernandopartridge

You think the left side of the three is a DM role? I think it’s clear it’d be better with a CM there. Yeah I think the fact Shipley has come on both games to play there suggests he’d play Shipley there.
Sheaf isn't just a dm, I suspect he's had as many shots on goal as Shipley this season

Magwitch

It's increasingly common these days due to budget constraints.

Can work for both clubs. If you want to sign a player or they only want the player to move permanently but the budgets don't allow for it, it could make a deal happen that otherwise wouldn't. Similarly the player may not want to go out on loan so an obligation smoothes that out.

I assume it's more to do with wage budgets than transfer fees, as you could surely agree a permanent transfer and say first payment due in a year. Wages I imagine it's harder to get the selling team to cover wages for a year.
I think these deals get round ffp. The Sheaf fee I believe is £750k which could include some or even all his wage which Arsenal cover for a season. Noticed in this transfer window there’s been a lot lot of loans with option to buy deals.

bawtryneal

To be honest it’s the signs of the times. Or a signing of the times. The owners are a busted flush and have to be forced out while the club is in this league. They are finished and have to go

If SISU are a "busted flush" then so are are 90% of the owners in the EFL.
Be careful what you wish for !

cov donkey kick

Great - bit like Paul Culpin in the day
interesting culpin joined 85 left 87 9 app LG 2 goals scored he scored 200 goals in 300 apperences for Nuneaton Borough. So for City signing him was a punt, if not a very good one. Think it's a matter of budget which the Rochdale kiddie is, but so it is the same with ried as he's untested.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be honest it’s the signs of the times. Or a signing of the times. The owners are a busted flush and have to be forced out while the club is in this league. They are finished and have to go

This player hasn’t been signed for the first team has he. There are many sticks to beat SISU with but this guy isn’t one of them surely?

mark82

You can tolerate high risk strategy if occasionally there is a result but there never is and I don’t see how we can have a sustainable future with these owners

Appreciate we were at a lower level, which mitigates it to some extent, but it's hard to argue we haven't had success on the pitch the last couple of seasons. In that respect we're on the way up.

Obviously we need to be back in Coventry. That really goes without saying. Maybe we'll be back there next year, let's give it a few weeks and see where we are on that. Maybe we'll get some good news.

cov donkey kick

Appreciate we were at a lower level, which mitigates it to some extent, but it's hard to argue we haven't had success on the pitch the last couple of seasons. In that respect we're on the way up.

Obviously we need to be back in Coventry. That really goes without saying. Maybe we'll be back there next year, let's give it a few weeks and see where we are on that. Maybe we'll get some good news.
Think that's the key we need to be back in cov next season as it affects everything on the pitch. Think with no fans this season it worked in the clubs benefit re operating costs.
Short and long term we have to be in cov. Long term from your meetings how likely is the new stadium?

Londonccfcfan

They are taking us nowhere. It’s 13 years - unlucky for us - they’ve had plenty of rope and it’s going nowhere
On the pitch we may end up this season in better position than when they took over.
What position were we in when they took us over.

chiefdave

What position were we in when they took us over.
Can't find the table for when they took over, sure there's a website that will show that. But the first season they were here, they took over in December, we finished 21st, 1 point ahead of Leicester who were relegated. That was the season of the horrific 4-1 away loss to Charlton on the last day where we needed to win to be sure of staying up.

Brighton Sky Blue

Staying at the Ricoh in that stupid rent agreement would of been madness we couldn’t afford it they deserve some credit for where we are now regardless of the fuck ups made previously

None due from me for taking 8 years to put us back in the league they found us and exiled from the Ricoh with little hope of a return and the club’s stature somewhat reduced.

skybluesam66

versus when they took over
a) We are still renting a ground (albeit outside of our own city)
b) We are still hovering around 17th in the championship (has been our spiritual place in the league)
c) We have still got owners more interested in their own wealth than of CCFC fortunes

However
1. We are not haemorrhaging money at the rates we were (Which ever view you take)
2. 4th season in a row of improvement (hadnt seen improvement in any season since 05)
3. Players with saleable value

I would argue that although I have hated their approach throughout, we are in a better position than when they took over

Brighton Sky Blue

versus when they took over
a) We are still renting a ground (albeit outside of our own city)
b) We are still hovering around 17th in the championship (has been our spiritual place in the league)
c) We have still got owners more interested in their own wealth than of CCFC fortunes

However
1. We are not haemorrhaging money at the rates we were (Which ever view you take)
2. 4th season in a row of improvement (hadnt seen improvement in any season since 05)
3. Players with saleable value

I would argue that although I have hated their approach throughout, we are in a better position than when they took over

Our finances will not be good by any measure

PVA

Out of interest I looked it up.

When SISU took over we were 12th in the Championship, after 20 games.

Our last starting lineup before the takeover was:

Dimi Konstantopoulos
David McNamee
Elliott Ward
Ben Turner
Gary Borrowdale
Michael Doyle
Jay Tabb
Michael Hughes
Leon Best
Leon McKenzie
Michael Mifsud

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I preferred ‘Labo’, ‘Orange Ken’, ‘Text A Sub’ and those characters from the class of 2012.

Didn't one of them laud it as the most talented boardroom they'd ever seen? Which if true I think tells you everything you need to know about boardrooms.

They'd make half the contestants on The Apprentice look competent. Or even the current Cabinet.

Users who are viewing this thread