Fabio Tavares - Sky Sports Rumour (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Based on nothing other than his stats assume that would be one for the future. Just turned 20 and of his 26 appearances for them 25 are off the bench.

Esoterica

Well the 2nd thing I read was that Bayern Munich were putting in a sell on clause!
giphy.gif

mrtrench

From what I can gather, this is another Baka-type signing: has the attributes but hasn't yet realised it. Robings clearly hoping he can extract a player from within.

cc84cov

Rochdale fans buzzing if they got a fee for him. Reminds me of Baka's signing all over again.
Where have you read this ? I’ve looked on their forum one post “any truth in him leaving” he’s only played 17 times for them

atthepeake

Rochdale fan in peace here...

This one really doesn't make much sense to us. Tavares has mostly been used as an impact sub without making too much of an impact. He's only young and he does have some raw ability in that he looks capable of dribbling and driving at a defence, but he doesn't do it often enough and even when he does it rarely seems to come off. He's scored plenty of goals at youth level so there may be more room to develop than we have seen from his first-team minutes, although if that was the case you'd have to imagine he'd have played more this season with the small squad we have and the injury problems we've faced. I'll be honest, it seemed much more likely to me that he'd get a few more sub appearances and then slowly disappear from the scene than go on and move to a bigger club - but there have been little flashes here and there to show us that perhaps there is a player in there somewhere. The staff have spoke about him having huge desire though and praised his mentality so perhaps a year or two in an academy with less pressure to deliver in the first-team will be better for his development.

One of the two league goals he has managed shouldn't really have been credited to him btw - he shot at the keeper and the ball rebounded back and hit a Bolton defender rather than himself before bouncing up into the net. Although he did really well to force the chance after a mazy run.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Definitely makes sense that we're looking to bring in a young forward.

A 4th choice/development striker was one of the positions I expected Robins to look to fill, especially as Bremang will probably be moved on in the summer.

PVA

With Walker I think fairly close to returning does this mean Baka will leave? If Walker was out for months then Baka might stay.

If Walker returns soon...

Walker
Gyokeres
Biamou
Tavares/Baka

Depends if Robins sees Tavares as good enough to take over Baka's minutes.

Not sure he is yet if he's only getting sub appearances in League One.

Brighton Sky Blue

Quite clearly for the development squad, yes a bonus for Rochdale if they get a few quid but unlike Baka he isn’t planned for the first team right away

Users who are viewing this thread