Fabio Tavares - Sky Sports Rumour (1 Viewer)

Grendel

You could give tickets away for free and so called fans (customers) wouldn't go.

We have a hard core group of 6 to 7k who went to St Andrews.

It will be the same hard core 6 to 7 plus couple of thousand others at the Ricoh for bread and butter games.

The rest are glory hunters fair weather fans who are up for the big games (Wembley) etc.

We are not a big club in terms of season ticket holders not in recent memory.. Barnsley will sell more season tickets than us next season even if we are back at Ricoh.

Pretty pathetic fan base. Lots give it the large find excuses. Anyone can find a excuse not to go.

I seen some dumb arguments but this takes some beating

The club currently resides in another city

There are two consequences if that

- fewer fans
- reduced pricing to attract fans in

It’s obvious as the product improves more purchase in a normal situation.

So if in the championship and fans attend you would easily get additional fans - I’d say 7,000 as a guess. Over 23 games if we say £15 a head that alone is £2.4 million

Also the fans going you would be able to charge more to - do an average probably over a season another £100 easily. So another £700,000 to a million

We would logically get 15 - 18,000 in Coventry

Covid has really stopped this from being highlighted

Your argument makes no sense

NorthernWisdom

A bit confused by what you mean here. Are you saying we are as supported as we should be given the level we are at?

Undoubtedly we have had a shit deal, but would also say as a City we have very flaky football fans. I don't think it's 'something' in the water as you jokingly say but would say it definitely isn't a proper 'footballing' city and therefore our core group of fans is considerably lower than it should be and then there will be those that tail on for the ride when it's going well. Of course, that could be said for almost all clubs, but I think the point is, the core of City fans, for whatever reason, I am guessing you think it's because of performances, I would disagree, is considerably lower than it could or should be.
Thing is, we're talking years of effort to fix (even pre-SISU - McGinnity taking pictures off walls, trying for a new badge, general detachment from fans) and it won't happen instantly. Throw in more than one move out of our city as well, and we're stretching connections and loyalties with the club, so people aren't as keen to stick with us during the thin as they might otherwise be.

It took Norwich, for example, years of paving the groundwork to get to a position where their season ticket base is enviable. It'll take us years too... but we need to plug at it, try harder, and actually stop the own goals we do ref: ground etc.

Londonccfcfan

- fewer fans

So if in the championship and fans attend you would easily get additional fans - I’d say 7,000 as a guess. Over 23 games if we say £15 a head that alone is £2.4 million

Also the fans going you would be able to charge more to - do an average probably over a season another £100 easily. So another £700,000 to a million

It's not an argument fool.

Leave that to you.

shmmeee

A bit confused by what you mean here. Are you saying we are as supported as we should be given the level we are at?

Undoubtedly we have had a shit deal, but would also say as a City we have very flaky football fans. I don't think it's 'something' in the water as you jokingly say but would say it definitely isn't a proper 'footballing' city and therefore our core group of fans is considerably lower than it should be and then there will be those that tail on for the ride when it's going well. Of course, that could be said for almost all clubs, but I think the point is, the core of City fans, for whatever reason, I am guessing you think it's because of performances, I would disagree, is considerably lower than it could or should be.

I don’t, I think it’s years of failure and more recently bad PR.

Success adds to your gate and we’ve been about the most unsuccessful club in the country until about three and a half years ago.

If we’d have been at the Ricoh, no COVID, you’d have seen 15k+ consistently IMO, especially with our home form. That’s pretty solidly mid table. Another season or two of progression and 18k easy, which is top six/seven Championship based on last years figures. We got 15k the last time we were in this league after a decade of utter utter shite. And that was mid table then.

Are we Sunderland or Newcastle? No. But we do OK.

mark82

[

- fewer fans

I think probably higher end of that estimate this year in the Championship. Lower end last year in league one. Imperative we get back to Coventry for next season.

ccfc1234

[

I think probably higher end of that estimate this year in the Championship. Lower end last year in league one. Imperative we get back to Coventry for next season.

The pitch can't be any worse!!

Any idea on how are friends Wasps are copying with the running of the Ricoh with all the associated overheads?

Users who are viewing this thread