FA cup draw (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

FA Cup was biggest tournament in world football glamour wise when we won it. Not sue European Cup was tbh.

The European Cup has always been bigger than the FA Cup and always will be. You had to win the league back then to enter the European Cup proper. Suggesting the FA Cup was bigger than the European cup is just pandering like the wrinkly old leeches that ring in CWR. The European Cup is the top club trophy any player can win.

calibrase6

The European Cup has always been bigger than the FA Cup and always will be. You had to win the league back then to enter the European Cup proper. Suggesting the FA Cup was bigger than the European cup is just pandering like the wrinkly old leeches that ring in CWR. The European Cup is the top club trophy any player can win.
Not in the 80s, which was the most important decade of all time really and the best decade

Speedies_Chips

Lots are asking for Aston Villa? Why? Who the flying f*ck are they other than some nondescript club in the west midlands who have done f*ck all in their entire history bar one European Cup when the European Cup was irrelevant anyway. From our point of view they are no more of a rival than Walsall Birmingham or West Brom. Equally they dont give a f*ck about us either as there are 3 clubs far closer to them and Stoke is a probably not that much further from them than we are.
If people want a local rivalry type Cup tie with the intensity that goes with it, Sunderland is surely the match. Ok, miles wise its a bit further away obviously but the atmosphere will be more interesting.
Villa nondescript? Look at their history ffs!! They are the biggest club in our area by far and drawing them would be far more of a pull than Sunderland (who are nondescript).

skyblue_55

Knowing Robins lack of interest in the cup competitions, Wilson will get a game , along with Fadz , so hopefully, if at home , we can give them a good send off !

calibrase6

Villa nondescript? Look at their history ffs!! They are the biggest club in our area by far and drawing them would be far more of a pull than Sunderland (who are nondescript).
Villa have done sweet FA in my lifetime. Utterly mickey mouse and nondescript. We are bigger at least we won a major trophy and are more well known globally.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Villa have done sweet FA in my lifetime. Utterly mickey mouse and nondescript. We are bigger at least we won a major trophy and are more well known globally.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Tommo1993

Give the people what they want. Let’s draw Villa away and get absolutely pounded on the pitch. The world of good for both team and fan morale!

Every year, I just don’t get it. 🤷‍♂️

They are a much bigger club as well. The idea we’re even close is delusion worthy of being sectioned for.

Legia Sky Blue

No. Plain wrong. The European Cup had no glamour or prestige which is why it had to be revamped into the Champions League.

The Champions League was revamped to make more money for the richer clubs & UEFA themselves, not because of glamour. The likes of Ajax, Benfica, Real Madrid, Bayern & AC Milan brought plenty of glamour to the old European Cup. What the big clubs didn't like was having to win their domestic league to qualify, and the unpredictability of a non seeded knockout competition that could occasionally lead to a Steau Bucharest or a Malmo (or Villa) getting to the final. Personally I preferred it then, compared to the boring Champions League where 90% of the group qualifiers are known the moment the draw is made.

Greggs

Tricky tie, Oxford 3rd in league one and confident, we're a bit Meh! In the championship and lacking belief

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Probably get 4/1 on them too.

oscillatewildly

Arsenal vs Liverpool and a Newcastle/Sunderland derby is pretty good!
Crikey! It was me that missed it then!
I have to be honest, I tuned into the draw late and just saw what was on the screen at the end before they highlighted those two ties.

Users who are viewing this thread