FA cup draw (1 Viewer)

Paul Anthony

Anyone got any idea what's gone on with Forest Green? Match postponed and under FA investigation. Inelligible player maybe?

Speedies_Chips

A team we can beat who will bring decent numbers. Bradford, Wrexham (part 2), Portsmouth, Derby and Wallsall come to mind. Would be good to play a few rounds with relatively easy wins and then Villa or a big 6 club at home in round 5 in front of the TV cameras ££.

As an aside here is the prize money for getting through the rounds Emirates FA Cup prize fund
Given it will be likely City, Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc in the final. I dont know why they don't half the prize money for the final and distribute it across the preliminary round prize funds. Would make a huge difference and it's not like at the final stage the big clubs are thinking about the prize money!
Never known Walsall to bring a decent following.

pusbccfc

Everton away please.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Someone at home please, so can actually go and watch a daytime fixture at the weekend.
Because the FA Cup in 2023 isn’t known for having games on Friday night, Saturday lunch and Sunday lunch.

I remember Arsenal away in the cup 2013 and the bitching about it being a Friday night game, here we are 10 years later and it’s still the same.

calibrase6

Lots are asking for Aston Villa? Why? Who the flying f*ck are they other than some nondescript club in the west midlands who have done f*ck all in their entire history bar one European Cup when the European Cup was irrelevant anyway. From our point of view they are no more of a rival than Walsall Birmingham or West Brom. Equally they dont give a f*ck about us either as there are 3 clubs far closer to them and Stoke is a probably not that much further from them than we are.
If people want a local rivalry type Cup tie with the intensity that goes with it, Sunderland is surely the match. Ok, miles wise its a bit further away obviously but the atmosphere will be more interesting.

napolimp

Lots are asking for Aston Villa? Why? Who the flying f*ck are they other than some nondescript club in the west midlands who have done f*ck all in their entire history bar one European Cup when the European Cup was irrelevant anyway. From our point of view they are no more of a rival than Walsall Birmingham or West Brom. Equally they dont give a f*ck about us either as there are 3 clubs far closer to them and Stoke is a probably not that much further from them than we are.
If people want a local rivalry type Cup tie with the intensity that goes with it, Sunderland is surely the match. Ok, miles wise its a bit further away obviously but the atmosphere will be more interesting.

Premier league club, close by, and lovely ground. Plus we haven't been there for over 20 years I believe.

calibrase6

I want Sutton United. At the CBS where we can get revenge and win on aggregate after the match the other season we lost 2-1. That is easily achievable. I hate them so much. We was robbed as Oggy was fouled for their 2nd. We battered them the entire match and should have won, we were way better. Our XG was far higher. We played them off the park, and they got lucky. We dominated possession too.
Its time to right the wrong.

calibrase6

Yes. It's one of the nicest grounds in the country.
On what basis? Its hardly Anfield or Hillsborough or Old Trafford or St James Park in relation to stadiums its own age.
To be blunt if we get Villa away we would lose if they play anywhere near their best eleven. Surely we want the best draw to get us as far as we can go.

Brighton Sky Blue

By 'predicament', I wasn't referring to their current league standing but their need to ensure prem survival, so not prioritising the cup, therefore resting key players.
Still would doubt it and I could do without endless replays of Dabo making their dreams come true.

Terry Gibson's perm

One could stay up tho and the other is burnley

Burnley could be two points behind them tonight.

All of the teams that went up have been rubbish and are an embarrassment to the championship but no doubt whoever comes down will look like world beaters again next year.

shmmeee

Would love it if Luton stayed up. Everton and Burnley think they’re billy big bollocks so they can come down. Bournemouth too TBF.

Irish Sky Blue

Lots are asking for Aston Villa? Why? Who the flying f*ck are they other than some nondescript club in the west midlands who have done f*ck all in their entire history bar one European Cup when the European Cup was irrelevant anyway. From our point of view they are no more of a rival than Walsall Birmingham or West Brom. Equally they dont give a f*ck about us either as there are 3 clubs far closer to them and Stoke is a probably not that much further from them than we are. If people want a local rivalry type Cup tie with the intensity that goes with it, Sunderland is surely the match. Ok, miles wise it’s a bit further away obviously but the atmosphere will be more interesting.
I’m no apologist for Aston Villa, but to dismiss their history is to ignore the fact that they have a trophy laden past. I would also take exception to the idea that the European Cup was irrelevant when they won it. I think football fans paid far more attention to the competition as it was then than they do today. In those days money was important but was not the deciding factor in whether you won trophies or not. As there was no freedom of contract, managers could carefully build a team over a number of seasons and would know that your star players could not simply choose to leave when their contract ended. To win the European Cup you did actually have to be the champions of your country, ironic really when you think what the current competition is called.
If others think the same as you, then it won’t be long until people say about 1987 and all that, ‘Well it was only the FA Cup’

Irish Sky Blue

I’m no apologist for Aston Villa, but to dismiss their history is to ignore the fact that they have a trophy laden past. I would also take exception to the idea that the European Cup was irrelevant when they won it. I think football fans paid far more attention to the competition as it was then than they do today. In those days money was important but was not the deciding factor in whether you won trophies or not. As there was no freedom of contract, managers could carefully build a team over a number of seasons and would know that your star players could not simply choose to leave when their contract ended. To win the European Cup you did actually have to be the champions of your country, ironic really when you think what the current competition is called.
If others think the same as you, then it won’t be long until people say about 1987 and all that, ‘Well it was only the FA Cup’
Apologies to Harry as I know it’s not you who wrote the post I responded too. It won’t let me edit your name 🙄

calibrase6

FA Cup was biggest tournament in world football glamour wise when we won it. Not sue European Cup was tbh.

Essexrobbie

Ipswich away...start with our best side and formation go at them from the off and teach them not to take the p*ss second half getting out the cigars. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread