FA Cup 5th Round (3 Viewers)

hackneyfox

Seen a lot of your fans criticising your support recently particularly away from home?

Fwiw, I remember Leicester being the same even before attracting a new type of fan after winning the Premier League. Big numbers but not much backing of your team
Support was rightly praised far and wide during 2015/16. We were selling out games well before that so I don't think we've attracted too many 'new type' fans since then. Same as most clubs that move to a new ground, you tend to lose the atmosphere due to the singers no longer being sat/stood together.
We've a group called Union FS who are attempting to bring back an atmosphere (also responsible for the Tifos) and are just behind me in SK3.
For the last cup game the club gave them a much larger area behind the goal and I believe you could only buy tickets for that area if you went through Union FS.
Apparently made for a much better atmosphere.

Ring Of Steel

Support was rightly praised far and wide during 2015/16. We were selling out games well before that so I don't think we've attracted too many 'new type' fans since then. Same as most clubs that move to a new ground, you tend to lose the atmosphere due to the singers no longer being sat/stood together.
We've a group called Union FS who are attempting to bring back an atmosphere (also responsible for the Tifos) and are just behind me in SK3.
For the last cup game the club gave them a much larger area behind the goal and I believe you could only buy tickets for that area if you went through Union FS.
Apparently made for a much better atmosphere.
Yes I read & heard all about 15/16, understandable and I can imagine it was good. But it wasn't just at the KP though, it was before then as well, for whatever reason you've never really been a loud set of fans. We are no Boca Juniors, don't get me wrong, but we are definitely louder- albeit with a support base that for obvious reasons has taken a hell of a battering & will take a few years to build back up, and that depends on getting back up to at least the Championship and playing in our own city. I know it winds your fans up that you don't have a 'song' like we do. Its just one of those things- you have a good solid level of support but have never been all that vocal.

Grendel

Yes I read & heard about 15/16, understandable and I can imagine it was good. But it wasn't just at the KP though, it was before then as well, for whatever reason you've never really been a loud set of fans. We are no Boca Juniors, don't get me wrong, but we are definitely louder- albeit with a support base that for obvious reasons has taken a hell of a battering & will take a few years to build back up, and that depends on getting back up to at least the Championship and playing in our own city. I know it winds your fans up that you don't have a 'song' like we do. Its just one of those things- you have a good solid level of support but have never been all that vocal.

The Ricoh has about as much atmosphere as a cemetery

Ring Of Steel

The Ricoh has about as much atmosphere as a cemetery
When there are 9,000 rattling around there indeed. However when there is a big crowd (ie if we get any modicum of success) its pretty good. I remember when we played Reading, third game I think, and their fans were saying they couldn't even hear the whistle as we were making a hell of a din going for an equaliser- we were still on the 'new ground high'. Likewise Newcastle in the cup when Dann scored near the end- the Ricoh was in fact designed with acoustics in mind (high roof to reflect the sound down & that nerdy stuff)- however when you're churning out dross every single week and there is one person for every three seats, you don't have to be a genius to know whats going to happen. Its a 'big game' ground but we have no big games. And now we don't even own it and the prospect of going back looks as distant as ever, as I said its not the ground thats wrong, its the total & utter mismanagement & incompetence on and off the pitch that has done us in.

And going back to my previous point- a load of our fans now see the Ricoh as 'too big' for CCFC, when it isn't, we just haven't given anyone a single reason to go there as we were dirge for so many seasons while there. There are probably less than 20 games in 13 years where you've come away feeling chuffed about what you saw and wanting to go again. Even when we did offers or one offs to get people in & sample it we'd promptly lose depressingly aside from the Wycombe 'homecoming' game where the atmosphere was great. Even in that mythical season under Adams that you love so much, you could hardly say you were entertained could you?

The Ricoh is just fine for noise & atmosphere, but we need a team worthy of giving it the big occasions it needs to have that atmosphere.

Last edited:

hackneyfox

I know it winds your fans up that you don't have a 'song' like we do. .
The Boris Johnson Eton boating song, how ironic is that?
News to me that it wound us up that we didn't have such a song.
We have When You're Smiling (complete with hand movements) and a number of new ones (well our versions) of songs for the CL campaign of 16/17 and now 20/21.
I'm sure that likewise you must have come up with a bunch of new songs when you got promoted from Division 4.

hackneyfox

Yes I read & heard all about 15/16, understandable and I can imagine it was good. But it wasn't just at the KP though, it was before then as well, for whatever reason you've never really been a loud set of fans. We are no Boca Juniors, don't get me wrong, but we are definitely louder- albeit with a support base that for obvious reasons has taken a hell of a battering & will take a few years to build back up, and that depends on getting back up to at least the Championship and playing in our own city. I know it winds your fans up that you don't have a 'song' like we do. Its just one of those things- you have a good solid level of support but have never been all that vocal.
Because we sell out every game and have done for some time we now have an ageing fanbase.
There's been discussions on the boards about how we get younger onboard both for home and away games but it's not easy when those aged 50 and above grab all the away tickets well before they go on sale to ST holders on lower priority points. Only a couple of games aa season were making it to general sale, but that';s not likely to happen again with fans after pints for European games next season. Fair number of us had to go in with the home fans at Bruges and Seville.

SkyBlueDom26

Because we sell out every game and have done for some time we now have an ageing fanbase.
There's been discussions on the boards about how we get younger onboard both for home and away games but it's not easy when those aged 50 and above grab all the away tickets well before they go on sale to ST holders on lower priority points. Only a couple of games aa season were making it to general sale, but that';s not likely to happen again with fans after pints for European games next season. Fair number of us had to go in with the home fans at Bruges and Seville.

Nobody gives a shit

Ring Of Steel

The Boris Johnson Eton boating song, how ironic is that?
News to me that it wound us up that we didn't have such a song.
We have When You're Smiling (complete with hand movements) and a number of new ones (well our versions) of songs for the CL campaign of 16/17 and now 20/21.
I'm sure that likewise you must have come up with a bunch of new songs when you got promoted from Division 4.
Not all that much, but we were always ok when it comes to that side of things. One went out the window when Michael Doyle left... A few older chants that I don't like have actually made a comeback as well. When You're Smiling is a case in point though, its naff and its just a song that you've taken up, nobody really associates you with it that much. The ones about the CL would be better as they're 'yours'. Its not a knock on Leicester, your club is doing well, its just that its somehow not in your DNA to make much noise, and when you take into account how well you're doing its even more strange. Hate to say it but when it comes to original songs you can't look too far past Man Utd- or at least you could't when we were in the same universe as them, don't know what they're like now. In League One Sunderland I'd say are the worst for "least noise per supporter".

hackneyfox

Not all that much, but we were always ok when it comes to that side of things. One went out the window when Michael Doyle left... A few older chants that I don't like have actually made a comeback as well. When You're Smiling is a case in point though, its naff and its just a song that you've taken up, nobody really associates you with it that much. The ones about the CL would be better as they're 'yours'. Its not a knock on Leicester, your club is doing well, its just that its somehow not in your DNA to make much noise, and when you take into account how well you're doing its even more strange. Hate to say it but when it comes to original songs you can't look too far past Man Utd- or at least you could't when we were in the same universe as them, don't know what they're like now. In League One Sunderland I'd say are the worst for "least noise per supporter".
See my post above about the age of the fanbase.
All down to success.

Ring Of Steel

See my post above about the age of the fanbase.
All down to success.
No doubt about that. Although when you were just as bad us us (or should that be when we comparatively were brilliant) and your fanbase wasn't all old men if that is indeed the case now, you still were never very noisy.

hackneyfox

No doubt about that. Although when you were just as bad us us (or should that be when we comparatively were brilliant) and your fanbase wasn't all old men if that is indeed the case now, you still were never very noisy.
I'm sure you're right, if only they gave points for it.

hackneyfox

@hackneyfox HAHAHA well done on tonight ya bottlers, shite club
Wasn't a great result but I wasn't looking forward to a spanking off Man City at Wembley.
Still we have brilliant owners, a new £100m training ground to be completed soon, a ground extension and hopefully an FA Cup run and CL football next season (unless we implode and lose the next three games) so not that shite a club at the moment.

Getting seriously pissed off with the Pep tactic of stopping breaks by fouling our players in our own half. So many clubs doing it and getting away with it.

hackneyfox

Not after we beat ya
By then we'll have played another four games, with only ten left to play, may be that we are so far clear of 5th that we can put out an almost full strength team.
Aren't you more likely to rest players as the league is more important? What did you do vs Brum?

Users who are viewing this thread