F1 2021 (3 Viewers)

hill83

Another good weekend that.

Saddlebrains

Happy boy again here, seeing a genuine fight which i hope goes all the way. Cant see past another red bull win next weekend, however cam definitely see Lewis crushing Max with 140thousand brits back in his own back yard

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hamilton new 2 year deal.

Can see that putting the Kibosh on Russell to Merc

Not necessarily. If he replaces Bottas and agrees to be a wingman for Hamilton for those two years he's still going to have more chances than where he is and show what he can do. Then at the end of those two years he could be in prime position to become No.1 at a team he already knows well or done enough to be offered a top seat elsewhere.

Saddlebrains

Not necessarily. If he replaces Bottas and agrees to be a wingman for Hamilton for those two years he's still going to have more chances than where he is and show what he can do. Then at the end of those two years he could be in prime position to become No.1 at a team he already knows well or done enough to be offered a top seat elsewhere.

I agree with you, however I cant see Lewis being keen on someone who is a lot quicker than Valterri.

Bottas is perfect for Hamilton, pushes him in quali but nowhere near on race day

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I agree with you, however I cant see Lewis being keen on someone who is a lot quicker than Valterri.

Bottas is perfect for Hamilton, pushes him in quali but nowhere near on race day

But Bottas is starting to fail to give him the back-up on racedays, both through other cars being more competitive and him making more errors.

Like I say, it could be that Russell could agree to be wingman for a while and that would placate Hamilton while giving Russell the next step in his progression.

Saddlebrains

But Bottas is starting to fail to give him the back-up on racedays, both through other cars being more competitive and him making more errors.

Like I say, it could be that Russell could agree to be wingman for a while and that would placate Hamilton while giving Russell the next step in his progression.

I said before race 1 that i can see Bottas being shown up this year and so its been. The bloke is bang average. Hes been coveres by a phenomenal car the last few years. But with a closer midfield and now not being an outright rocket ship, his flaws are now there to be seen glaringly

Paul Anthony

Possible grid penalty for Bottas for slowing down before the last turn, which the Stewards said drivers could not do. Caused Vettel to slow down and impede Alonso.

Would be very ironic, given it was the Mercedes team on the radio to Masi before qualy started to clarify the rules....

SkyBlueSoul

My. Fucking. God!

I missed quali to queue for the Euros fan park. Just watched the highlights and being a McLaren and Lando fan I am speechless. It's easy to over or under egg F1 drivers sometimes but I swear that kid is special. Love this video of him talking through his lap

xcraigx

Here's hoping Norris can get a good line out of turn 1 and make a lunge going into turn 3. It would also be nice for Russell to have no car issues today, he's got a real chance of a point or two here.

Paul Anthony

I'm going to predict Max is going to win this title with races to spare.

Really hoped the first few races were going to set up the whole season, and hich would have been amazing, but Red Bull have absolutely left Mercedes in the dust. Wonder if Honda are having regrets about leaving, just as they've managed to nail it.

Saddlebrains

Really hoped the first few races were going to set up the whole season, and hich would have been amazing, but Red Bull have absolutely left Mercedes in the dust. Wonder if Honda are having regrets about leaving, just as they've managed to nail it.

I may be in the minority but i hope Max shits on Merc for the rest of the season

Seeing Toto, Lewis, Vowles et al all miserable as fuck after 7 years of domination is music to me.

mark82

Mercedes seemingly took a decision to forget this year and focus on development for next year. Guessing they hoped to have enough of an advantage to still win this season but looks like Red Bull will take advantage. Would've been nice for the cars to be a bit closer together so we got to see a bit of a fight for once. Hopefully will be closer next year.

Paul Anthony

Mercedes seemingly took a decision to forget this year and focus on development for next year. Guessing they hoped to have enough of an advantage to still win this season but looks like Red Bull will take advantage. Would've been nice for the cars to be a bit closer together so we got to see a bit of a fight for once. Hopefully will be closer next year.

You do get that feeling Mercedes have sacrificed this season to some extent. No doubt Honda have put an almighty amount of work into their motor as well as Red Bull pushing their updates more than Mercedes.

With these rules next year, they may be designed to bring things closer together overall. I just can't help but feel I've heard that so many before where there have been rule changes, and one team aces it and ends up running away with it. Hopefully that's not the case.

Saddlebrains

Thoughts on this sprint race this weekend?

I reckon its going to be a joke.

Think the weekend format is the best its ever been personally

Si80

Yep I think it'll be rubbish too. I expect we'll see a Ferrari or McLaren on the front of the grid for the main race on Sunday because I just think Mercedes and Redbull will turn down / manage their engines / drivetrain components for the sprint and focus on coming through from maybe 4th-8th on the grid on Sunday to fight for the win.

Expecting a Verstappen win, Redbull are really on song at the moment and I think Lewis knows his season is already over. Due to be really hot on Sunday though so could be a leveller.

Paul Anthony

Nobody is going to take any risks because it decides the main race grid. So, less overtaking and a DRS train that Jarno Trulli would be proud of. The fact the strategists who are always right about such things) have already said that's what is going to happen doesn't fill me with confidence.

I really don't think they've thought this through properly...

NorthernWisdom

I just cannot see how its going to add to the weekend at all.

Lots of points against, very few for
Well, what it does do is bring qualifying back into Friday, which makes it more worthwhile buying a ticket for.

It is a race of sorts on the Saturday too, so does see the cars going out competitively, however it works.

It also allows Mazepin to take out half of them at will, on a haywire dash for glory!

Saddlebrains

Well, what it does do is bring qualifying back into Friday, which makes it more worthwhile buying a ticket for.

It is a race of sorts on the Saturday too, so does see the cars going out competitively, however it works.

It also allows Mazepin to take out half of them at will, on a haywire dash for glory!

I'm hoping we see a more mixed up grid for the sprint races due to lack of practice.

Got a feeling Mercedes will be nowhere, they've brought a huge upgrade of front wings, turning vanes floor and diffuser apparently.

Yet only got 1 hour of Practice on a Friday to ascertain what works where and hone a set up.

Think they'd have been better off introducing it at Hungary

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This is it in a nutshell. Sell more tickets over the weekend by having a competitive element to the F1 everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread