F1 2021 (5 Viewers)

Paul Anthony

Big smash that, Max looks in discomfort. Will Lewis be taking a penalty for that?

Paul Anthony

Tell you what that does, though. There's going to be no quarter given in the title race for the rest of the season now, Max isn't the kind to take that lying down.

SkyBlueSoul

For me I don’t think that should be a penalty. Lewis had room on his right but didn’t force Max off. Max just came across a fraction too early

Paul Anthony

On the basis of what happened between Russell and Sainz yesterday though, this is probably more of a penalty than that was.

SkyBlueSoul

Sadly I think they do. I wouldn’t but am assuming the stewards will. 5 seconds likely?

hill83

Probably be 5 seconds. He missed the apex.
Max didn’t know he was there though and turned in.

Feels like it should be more than 5 seconds though for something like that.

Paul Anthony

Lewis should have backed out. Wasnt even past maxs rear wheel

I'm not so sure. Lewis is trying to make up ground in the title fight, so he was never backing out. Max has a title lead to think about, so it was probably smarter for him to back out, even at the expense of the losing the place. I think his car might have been in better shape over the race distance so he could have had it back later on.

But then, Max is as fierce a racer as Lewis, so I'm not sure either of them were ever going to back out of it.

Frostie

Years ago, racing incident but 100% penalty for Lewis in today's crazy penalty world.

Really needs to be pretty substantial too as anything else sends a very dangerous message that you can shunt your rival off from behind knowing with the gap in quality to the rest of the field you'll then have an easy win.

SkyBlueSoul

Red Bull and Mercedes to Michael Masi right now

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

Years ago, racing incident but 100% penalty for Lewis in today's crazy penalty world.

Really needs to be pretty substantial too as anything else sends a very dangerous message that you can shunt your rival off from behind knowing with the gap in quality to the rest of the field you'll then have an easy win.
So you're not allowed to get level with an opponent where he's left a gap because the other guy might take the racing line when you're on /in it.

Frostie

So you're not allowed to get level with an opponent where he's left a gap because the other guy might take the racing line when you're on /in it.

He's not even remotely level. He misses the apex of the corner & chucks his front wheel in there where it's only just level with Verstappen's rear. It's a clear error of judgment on his part.

Frostie

Incredibly soft penalty, guarantee he still wins the race.

*Edit
He'll have to serve it in the pitstop won't he? So not as soft as I first thought.
Still a likely podium plus fastest lap whilst his rival gets zero though.

Last edited:

wingy

He's not even remotely level. He misses the apex of the corner & chucks his front wheel in there where it's only just level with Verstappen's rear. It's a clear error of judgment on his part.
He'd backed off after all but getting level where the other guy swings in

Frostie

He'd backed off after all but getting level where the other guy swings in

Aye, it's not deliberate but his mistake has likely just given him a 16-26 point swing on his only title rival. Things like that could decide the Championship so punishment should fit the crime imo.

Paul Anthony

After the drama of the start, gone a bit flat. Everyone focused on tyre management.

Paul Anthony

It's a given if/when Hamilton passes Norris, Bottas will be given his orders eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread