Match Thread Exeter City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Burge is an absolute liability, what on earth was he doing for the goal?

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just got in,Wasn't a lot between the teams apart from that stupid goal we gave away.
Stood in their end with many skyblue fans no trouble at all but good banter.
We move on!!

stevefloyd

To play devils advocate, we got to 3rd in the league with Burge in goals but would welcome Murphy back in a heartbeat

stevefloyd

Mind you we go on about Biamou not scoring Joe Murphy played over 130 times and never scored 1 goal.....boooooo

smileycov

Facebook User
Biamou was 1 of our better players today and we looked worse after he was subbed imo
Did you actually go? I doubt it!!
I like max but he needs a break, he should have scored first half without doubt. We never looked like scoring. We have no creativity, we gave a shocking goal away and almost another shocker. They sat back second half but we only opened them up in injury time. Drop Shipley for Barrett and ponti for max up front imo we will make play offs but god we are hard work

Londonccfcfan

To those lucky enough to get a ticket anybody notice how the ball boys just sat on their chairs for the second half on the far side. Obviously under clear instruction do not get up to get the ball. The players retrieved every single ball.

I’m shocked at the distances teams will go to waste time and give their team an advantage.

If they were goal Down it would have been a different story. First time I seen that.

This is a lesson for us and something I’d rather not do. But quite frankly I’d fucking do anything to get out of this league, so any competitive advantage.

Well done to Exeterballboy trainers!

CCFC54321

Today shown why we won’t get promoted this season. We’re toothless and won’t score enough goals to get promoted. There is no contribution from other areas of the side (except last week) in relation to the odd goal and it’s costing us now. biamou is a utter joke for a centre forward and his lack of goals indicates he’s not up to it and not worth a place in the side moving forward. He’ll be gone close season. I expect the keepers will be released in the close season or told to find another club. Burge isn’t progressing and continues to make basic mistakes. This can’t carry on and Robins will know this.

itsabuzzard

Finally you can hear Robins is frustrated by the front 2. McNulty and Biamou are hopeless as a strike pair.

This window is last chance salon to get the right player up front to help mcNulty.
Drinking in the last chance salon...a short, back and sides.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Vigeroux is available. He’s out of favour due to disciplinary reasons but easily the best keeper in this division.

Fuck me next week will be funny watching two calamitus keepers. RCC and this muppet we have.

Londonccfcfan

JP looked bright and very sharp when he came, you just see this lad is natural goalscorer. If only he can hold it up, which is the easier bit to do.

Sbarcher

Vigeroux is available. He’s out of favour due to disciplinary reasons but easily the best keeper in this division.

Fuck me next week will be funny watching two calamitus keepers. RCC and this muppet we have.
He’s an utter tw@t. When we played Tem down there he gave the Cov fans the big finger, almost caused a pitch spill.

Londonccfcfan

Depressing how shit this league is. Exeter are above us and 5th.

They have possibly one player who would get in our team. Their keeper.

But that’s like most the teams we play.

Irish Sky Blue

The manager has finally realised how ineffective Biamou is now , he won’t start again and will go down as the Striker who never scored . How some of you can’t see this weak link who has been carried for months amazes me. He like I said in October could cost us promotion and the CHICKENS have come back to roost ‘( did that for you Mark82
I would reall y like to bet that Biamou starts again and very probably the next game unless he is injured. He dominated their centre half Seabourne to such an extent that he was taken off at half time to relieved cheers from the Exeter fans. The fact is that as a footballer today he played well. He dominated in the air, played the ball nicely on the ground and also got stuck in. He didn’t score but neither did 13 other City players.

ccfcway

I would reall y like to bet that Biamou starts again and very probably the next game unless he is injured. He dominated their centre half Seabourne to such an extent that he was taken off at half time to relieved cheers from the Exeter fans. The fact is that as a footballer today he played well. He dominated in the air, played the ball nicely on the ground and also got stuck in. He didn’t score but neither did 13 other City players.

Your judging his goal scoring capabilities in the same way as Doyle, Grimmer, Willis etc ?

Oh, those 3 all have more goals than him this season

He's one of our two strikers.

covcity4life

Did you actually go? I doubt it!!
I like max but he needs a break, he should have scored first half without doubt. We never looked like scoring. We have no creativity, we gave a shocking goal away and almost another shocker. They sat back second half but we only opened them up in injury time. Drop Shipley for Barrett and ponti for max up front imo we will make play offs but god we are hard work
No i didnt go

But i watched the game

Apparently with a better view than you.

eastwoodsdustman

To those lucky enough to get a ticket anybody notice how the ball boys just sat on their chairs for the second half on the far side. Obviously under clear instruction do not get up to get the ball. The players retrieved every single ball.

I’m shocked at the distances teams will go to waste time and give their team an advantage.

If they were goal Down it would have been a different story. First time I seen that.

This is a lesson for us and something I’d rather not do. But quite frankly I’d fucking do anything to get out of this league, so any competitive advantage.

Well done to Exeterballboy trainers!
I said about it to my mate. Exeter were anti football today. As soon as they scored they were awful. Time wasting, niggly fouls, shirt pulling. Basically anything to kill the game off.

chiefdave

When we're winning at the Ricoh you see our players signalling the ball boys to slow down returning the ball.

Cavan O'Doherty

Well, what a goalkeeping masterclass that was from Burge.
giphy.gif

eastwoodsdustman

Burge was shot to pieces today. Indecisive, panicking and pondering on the ball. He might get taken out of the firing line next week.

Adge

Almost a screamer for Exeter. We lost every ball coming forward, Laid off to their man who thunders a shot just wide
You know when you go to a gig and there is always someone who is filming the gig instead of watching it-that’s Sw88 at the football. Pays all that money and pisses about on his phone all match.:D

CJ_covblaze

No its not a ajoke. We have 2 keepers that have made miatajes but one looks like a proper keeper other than that. Like i said earlier its time give LOB league starts and see if he can stamp the mistakes out because burge has proven he cannot

Despite being 26 and having a professional career spanning 9 years O’Brien has only made 59 Football League appearances as well as a few for Eastbourne Borough and Hastings United. He’s spent the majority of his career on the bench in League Two for Barnet and Dagenham & Redbridge.

What makes you think he’s the guy we want between the sticks when we’re mounting a promotion challenge?

Adge

The problem is the GK only needs to make a single mistake to cost you the game.
That's why the GK should be the most expensive player on the team.
JH recognised that immediately when he signed Bill Glazier.
A good solid GK also improves the entire defence since they have confidence on what is behind them.
Well Burge certainly went the extra mile-not just 1 mistake that cost us a goal, but 2! :emoji_grin: That was abysmal but expected to be fair. Every time we think he has moved on from these calamaties he pulls one out of the locker.
Only positive I can take from today is that we are only 2 points off 3rd and it probably looks worse as we have gone from 3rd to 8th despite this.

smileycov

Facebook User
No i didnt go

But i watched the game

Apparently with a better view than you.
How? Point out one point I made that Is incorrect?
Biamou is not a striker good enough for us at this level - fact. We do not open up teams that sit back we have no creativity fact!
You talk shit fact!

covcity4life

Despite being 26 and having a professional career spanning 9 years O’Brien has only made 59 Football League appearances as well as a few for Eastbourne Borough and Hastings United. He’s spent the majority of his career on the bench in League Two for Barnet and Dagenham & Redbridge.

What makes you think he’s the guy we want between the sticks when we’re mounting a promotion challenge?
Burge proven hr nevet eradicate problems

Lob still can

gspotgaz

Was stood in the exeter terrace today .... Doyle certainly wasn’t helping burge at all, sarcastically clapping and waving his arms at 2 of burge’s poor clearances.
Could see burge visibly put his head down, also spurred on Exeter fans an extra bit

PVA

No its not a ajoke. We have 2 keepers that have made miatajes but one looks like a proper keeper other than that. Like i said earlier its time give LOB league starts and see if he can stamp the mistakes out because burge has proven he cannot

What are you talking about. O'brien made two howlers in about 6 or 7 games, Burge has made two howlers in about 20 games, so what makes you think O'brien is more likely to make less mistakes?

steve82

I think it comes to a point where this summer a decision is made on on them both with another Keeper coming in to give competition to the other.

Neither right now can we safely say are top end L2 keepers, Burge looked to have turned a corner but his frailties are still there and even when he's having a good game does things to make you wonder why... today was a poor poor error similar to what everyone hung O'Brien out to dry for at Yeovil.

O'Brien has too in the short amount we've seen of him too but he looks the safer of the two, better all round attributes and better keeper and more likely to settle and grow into a established keeper that could grow with us.

We've seen all too much of what Lee Burge can offer now as he closes in on 100 CCFC appearances with big games coming fast.

A shattered in confidence Lee Burge is frankly very dangerous in the next few games.

CJ_covblaze

Burge proven hr nevet eradicate problems

Lob still can

Burge can still prove he can eradicate them. I have no idea how many managers LoB has had during his career but it appears he hasn’t been favoured by many (probably any) of them. They can’t all be wrong. They also know a lot more than me or you.

covcity4life

What are you talking about. O'brien made two howlers in about 6 or 7 games, Burge has made two howlers in about 20 games, so what makes you think O'brien is more likely to make less mistakes?
The fact bes better at catching and saving

Users who are viewing this thread