Match Thread Exeter City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (7 Viewers)

clint van damme

That's fine but we need a replacement.
So you would sooner have O'brian in goal then? Me I wouldn't
Name me one keeper who hasn't made a mistake or 2?
People just want a scapegoat.
Well sorry to tell you that it won't change the result.
We just don't have the killer instinct. Pretty poor in all departments today that said we still should have beaten this Poor Exeter side

keepers in this league regularly mke mistakes we just don't focus on those mde by the opposition keepers as much.
If we could go and get someone better than what we've got then great but resources are limited and there are more pressing issues to address.

BackRoomRummermill

I am going to say this without pre conceptions , we need a striker who can score, as well as help Macca . We will fail unless we get a seasoned pro into the team who actually can score. Waxing lyrical about Biamou is not going to get goals.

Its so close we have to do it very quickly or we fail.

Glad I posted this before MR pretty much said the same , sorry to bump my own thread but the hysteria and EXPECTATION about Biamou is plainly ridiculous.

Grendel

I appreciate your views on him and the killer stats in his performances and what we measure him on isn't up to it.

He was a gamble and played far more than he likely thought. A goal in the league should of come but it hasn't.

It's easy to say it in October, November, December but the windows closed then, as MR said they've targets but it's getting them.

It's clear we need a Biamou type who is developed and played the level but it's getting one.

Until we do Biamou has to do.

We don’t need a biamou this at all. Where this motion he holds the forward line I haven’t a clue. Back to goal he’s just poor he never bullies and works defenders a.m. has no real pace and has zero movement at all in the penalty area.

Otis

We don’t need a biamou this at all. Where this motion he holds the forward line I haven’t a clue. Back to goal he’s just poor he never bullies and works defenders a.m. has no real pace and has zero movement at all in the penalty area.
But besides all that you like him, right?

Grendel

But besides all that you like him, right?

Given his age I’m mystified why we signed him - he’s Malaga 2 but we keep playing him.

AFCCOVENTRY

I thought JP did well when came on. He isn't the answer but thought he showed some good touches and some nice shots.

steve82

Given his age I’m mystified why we signed him - he’s Malaga 2 but we keep playing him.

Out of interest who you playing instead currently from the squad to play the role?

Now the windows opened who you signing to play the role?

BackRoomRummermill

Out of interest who you playing instead currently from the squad to play the role?

Its not as easy as that fella,

I would say give Ponti a go and form a relationship with Macca , the whole set up is toxic in that Macca has provided plenty of assists to Max for nothing,
try something different

Grendel

It’s the managers job to identify a replacement but if we don’t kiss promotion or any hope of it goodbye.

steve82

Its not as easy as that fella,

I would say give Ponti a go and form a relationship with Macca , the whole set up is toxic in that Macca has provided plenty of assists to Max for nothing,
try something different

We can all see the problem but where's the answer coming from, that's my point.

Ponticelli I don't feel will work on the state of the pitches currently. Come late march, April yes I've said in a previous thread that's ideal time to go with that pair. Nice quick passing on the deck opening up defences.

The next 2 months needs a target man and unattractive football.

It's vital we find one, I doubt many would dispute that but it's getting one in.

Super Graham Withey

Can't blame Burge or the defence. We have scored 28 goals this season in the league. Cambridge are the lowest scoring team with 25, only three fewer than us. Forest Green Rovers and Barnet, the bottom two, have scored 26 goals. It's clear what the problem is.

BackRoomRummermill

Can't blame Burge or the defence. We have scored 28 goals this season in the league. Cambridge are the lowest scoring team with 25, only three fewer than us. Forest Green Rovers and Barnet, the bottom two, have scored 26 goals. It's clear what the problem is.

That's because for a large part of the season we have only being playing with one testicle.............

steve82

It’s the managers job to identify a replacement but if we don’t kiss promotion or any hope of it goodbye.

Correct it is his job, but we're all happy to say where, why and what's going wrong every week here like we're all managers and all the relevant experience.

I was interested to see what yours was

I'm 99% sure if he can get a player in to upgrade on what MR asks Biamou to do fur the team he will.

Grendel

Correct it is his job, but we're all happy to say where, why and what's going wrong every week here like we're all managers and all the relevant experience.

I was interested to see what yours was

I'm 99% sure if he can get a player in to upgrade on what MR asks Biamou to do fur the team he will.

There is also the fact that for some reason people find positives in him as a footballer when there are absolutely none.

Cavan O'Doherty

When McNulty scores it makes Biamou look good, but when he doesn't we need Biamou to pop up with a goal now and then and he just doesn't do that. He simply isn't good enough and Robins has realised that and is going to replace him this window.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just got on train back to Taunton biamou needs a rest give ponticelli a go did ok when he came on but of a fluke goal too!!

Super Graham Withey

We can all see the problem but where's the answer coming from, that's my point.

Ponticelli I don't feel will work on the state of the pitches currently. Come late march, April yes I've said in a previous thread that's ideal time to go with that pair. Nice quick passing on the deck opening up defences.

The next 2 months needs a target man and unattractive football.

It's vital we find one, I doubt many would dispute that but it's getting one in.
We've needed a decent target man all season. For me it was clear fairly early on that Biamou, at least for this season, would not be the answer but I suspect that Robins gambled on him coming good.

Otis

There is also the fact that for some reason people find positives in him as a footballer when there are absolutely none.
To be quite honest though, I think many have been saying he's the best we have got for that position.

Reality of course is that he is the only one we have got for that position.

I wasn't there today, but watching the comments it was a long ball to Biamou and when he went off we continued to play a long ball, but to Ponticelli, who of course is not a target man.

steve82

Except the facts we cannot make the ball stick in the attacking 3rd when he goes off. And when he comes on we do.

Granted he's not the ideal answer right now by a long shot but it's not as easy as getting another one and rolling the dice again.

Still love to know who you'd get in

steve82

We've needed a decent target man all season. For me it was clear fairly early on that Biamou, at least for this season, would not be the answer but I suspect that Robins gambled on him coming good.

We have, and the issue is when the window closes your done till the winter.

January is here now and hopefully MR is able to sign one of his list of options for the role and he comes good.

It's make or break but without buying your target your limited

Grendel

Except the facts we cannot make the ball stick in the attacking 3rd when he goes off. And when he comes on we do.

Granted he's not the ideal answer right now by a long shot but it's not as easy as getting another one and rolling the dice again.

Still love to know who you'd get in

According to someone on here we’ve won 46% of games he’s involved in until today which means we actually have won more games without him then with him.

We look better without him

steve82

According to someone on here we’ve won 46% of games he’s involved in until today which means we actually have won more games without him then with him.

We look better without him

The game is of opinions.

Personally I think we play better with a target man, that means Biamou right now until we get one or the summer when we hopefully try to get one and go again.

mark82

Yep.

We should have brought competition in for him anyway, even if he had been playing well.

I think he's done okay, but he has no-one breathing down his neck for that target man position.

That's spot on to be fair. We need more than just one man to do that job.

letsallsingtogether

Like the way Exeter operate.
They are fan owned have little money and rely on their fans to volunteer.
They had fans showing people where to go, running the fan Zone and then staying behind to pick up litter and handing out leaflets before the game.

mark82

Hmm guess what? I was saying that about him in October, he is a dream for a opponents defence as no one knows including himself what he is trying to do. I sounds cruel but he is not capable of operating in professional football despite what you all say.

My first post about him pretty much said the same but I got so much abuse it was ridiculous.

People can disagree without it being abuse FFS.

Liquid Gold

So we could have had a 0-0 draw today.
Goalkeeper is the least of our problems every single goalkeeper in the world makes mistakes.
What you need is strikers to cancel them out we really should have won today clanger or not.
Just had nothing in front of goal, Exeter were truly aweful.
Come on. Whether you like Burge or not you have to say he cost us a point today. 1 goal in the game was his fault.

mark82

We need him because we lump balls up. Happy to have a different type striker if we change tactics a bit. No point lumping up to small men as we seem to do without Biamou.

Grendel

We need him because we lump balls up. Happy to have a different type striker if we change tactics a bit. No point lumping up to small men as we seem to do without Biamou.

If we lump balls up strachan or wise would still have more impact than biamou.

Users who are viewing this thread