Match Thread Exeter City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

We were stood in the home end today. Exeter fans critical of their team today. Comments that I heard were that we were by far the better team and that they were lucky to win. I thought Biamou played really well today, winning almost everything in the first half.

BackRoomRummermill

We can all argue opinions till the cows come home but we won’t achieve anything. Credit to Exeter for scrapping a win , we have to move on and keep in or around it else we are not supporters .

BackRoomRummermill

The manager has finally realised how ineffective Biamou is now , he won’t start again and will go down as the Striker who never scored . How some of you can’t see this weak link who has been carried for months amazes me. He like I said in October could cost us promotion and the CHICKENS have come back to roost ‘( did that for you Mark82

covcity4life

Is he your son? He clearly isn't good enough. If Tudgay hadn't scored for this long everyone would be on his back and deservedly so. We can't keep him in the team just because we feel sorry for him and he's 'unlucky'.

I didnt say i felt sorey for him. I said he was 1 of our better players today

Cavan O'Doherty

Had burge not made mistake we wpild have a good away point now and not much panic

Biamou clearly eill be on sibs bench if MR gets his man. All you can do is support him for now
I will support a player up to a point but when he starts taking the piss by missing absolute sitters that's when my patience runs out. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but that's not what we need, we need a goal scorer.

BackRoomRummermill

It does not matter now , at last MR has realised he cannot carry this guy anymore, send him out on loan to the Dog and Duck to get his confidence back, play the team on ability and not on potential and we will be ok

Paxman II

It was disappointing today, it really was. After beating Stoke the high they were on should have raised their game. It was if having given a goal away we were startled into action but then we did not find a rhythm, instead got a snappy and less controlled? MR's half time should have addressed that. had we scored one of the many chances created today (far outweighing the opposition) we would have gone on to win. It sounded like we just could not find the rhythm to take Exeter out today, and as their own fans say " we were the better team". We have had games like that at the Ricoh.

The tables too tight to worry about 3rd or 8th place at the moment. MR's next move in the January window has to be the right one. We will win more than we lose and there are sides in this league not equipped for the long haul and I think we are...just look at our bench today, it was fair decent.

CJ_covblaze

Bad day at the office in all areas. We didn’t look like scoring until injury time at the end of the game. The only time any urgency was shown was when Ponticelli came on. Even the little things like sprinting to get the ball for throws and corners. Defensively we were shocking. Burge will get the main proportion of the blame for the goal but you’ve only got to look at what happened in the minutes leading up to it and the minutes afterwards to see it’s not all his fault. If he hadn’t come out that far the chances are they would’ve let the man through anyway leaving him with a one on one. It was probably the worst I’ve seen Burge play but I can say that about a lot of the team today.

When it isn’t working with McNulty we don’t have another striker that can get us a goal. He’ll probably end up with 15, at a push 20 at the end of the season. In the Summer that was the estimate of what he could get based on his record. Given that why didn’t we get another proven(ish) striker in?

He might have had a poor game today but I like Biamou and feel we are better when he’s in the team. If he’s holding up the ball well and playing others in I’m not too bothered with his goal scoring (or lack of it) however it is slightly concerning he has yet to find the net in the league. I can’t help thinking that if the average Sunday Leaguer was played in Max’s position in L2 for the amount of minutes he’s played, he would’ve bagged a goal or two. Not talking screamers btw. Thinking more like a scramble in the 6 yard box involving a dozen players or the ball hitting him on the arse at some point and going past the keeper.

letsallsingtogether

Cov Rugger lost today.
I see the players and the coach went into the supporters buses and apologised.
Fair play to them all

clint van damme

we could be 9th by next Saturday and the only top 8 teams playing each other next weekend are Exeter and Notts County. Makes next week yet another must win!
On the plus side, only 2 points off of the automatics.

letsallsingtogether

There was no sitter today i can assure you

What does that tell you?

In the first half we had a pingpong in their box we should have scored was right in front of us, no one willing to put their life on the line.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Be interesting to see who he brings in off his wanted list

When Ponticelli came on we still tried to play the same system; the one that wasn’t working with biamou as a target man and the one that continued to not work without Biamou.

The decision to move Davies up top was out of desperation for me. I think Robins recognised quickly that we don’t have an alternative. He’d have been better bringing off a midfielder and keeping Biamou on. OK, it’s not worked before now when we’ve had more than two strikers on the pitch but if we were going to revert to desperation tactics by throwing a third body up top, why didn’t we keep it as three strikers?

I do want Biamou to work out for us, I really do.

Bristol sky blue

Thing about Burge today was that he almost cost us more than one goal - one of their players charged down another kick which then went sideways across the area and there was another occasion when he only just cleared the striker. He just takes too long to clear it.

Having said that, don't think he was our worst performer on the pitch by any means. In fact, a couple of his longer kicks caused Exeter real problems.

Don't think we should over-react tonight. We were poor today, but unlucky not to get a draw. Exeter handled Bayliss well by denying him space to play all game (by fair means... mostly) When fully fit, Barrett will have far more impact than Shipley.

I still think that we are just one decent loan signing away from having a team capable of securing a play off spot at least. Don't know who that striker is though!

CJ_covblaze

Thing about Burge today was that he almost cost us more than one goal - one of their players charged down another kick which then went sideways across the area and there was another occasion when he only just cleared the striker. He just takes too long to clear it.

Having said that, don't think he was our worst performer on the pitch by any means. In fact, a couple of his longer kicks caused Exeter real problems.

Don't think we should over-react tonight. We were poor today, but unlucky not to get a draw. Exeter handled Bayliss well by denying him space to play all game (by fair means... mostly) When fully fit, Barrett will have far more impact than Shipley.

I still think that we are just one decent loan signing away from having a team capable of securing a play off spot at least. Don't know who that striker is though!

His kicking errors did almost cost us another goal but some of them were down to Stokes and co passing him the ball when a player was already in close proximity.

Shipley has been very good but over the last few weeks he’s needed a rest. We’ve got Haynes available and it wouldn’t do any harm if we played him either in front of Stokes on the left or along side him in a back 5 with wing backs.

stevefloyd

Simple fact is goals are costing us much needed points, it is obvious that we need a goal scoring striker, I am not sure what plans are in place but I would imagine it should be a 100% priority to have got one in as soon as the window opened at least Robins has now come out publicly with it

covcity4life

Is this a joke?

In that case I think Turnbull looked good apart from the mistakes.

I think Simeon Jackson looked good apart from when he was shit.
No its not a ajoke. We have 2 keepers that have made miatajes but one looks like a proper keeper other than that. Like i said earlier its time give LOB league starts and see if he can stamp the mistakes out because burge has proven he cannot

Users who are viewing this thread