Ex Player Watch (15 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

Yes as I said before he actually signed a contract mcnulty had left the building

He was always very clearly miles above biamou Bakayoko and hiwula in ability - the fact we sold even the best of that three - have stuck with the other two and he’s scoring for fun is really not great
Would it be reasonable to suggest that Baka and Biamou were on the lowest wages of the 3?

Evo1883

Yea ...
Clubs make mistakes , we made one with JCH .
But it happens everywhere and hindsight is a wonderful thing .
Sir Alex ferguson let jaap stam go as he thought he was past it and he basically wasn't , always said he regretted it

Grendel

Would it be reasonable to suggest that Baka and Biamou were on the lowest wages of the 3?

Baka had an offer in and he turned it down and then Clarke Harris left

ccfc1234

Yea ...
Sir Alex ferguson let jaap stam go as he thought he was past it and he basically wasn't , always said he regretted it
Hindsight is always 20/20! I felt that JCH was sold as much for his attitude as his ability. Maybe moving to a new City has made him become more professional and the results are showing on the pitch?

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes as I said before he actually signed a contract mcnulty had left the building

He was always very clearly miles above biamou Bakayoko and hiwula in ability - the fact we sold even the best of that three - have stuck with the other two and he’s scoring for fun is really not great

We didn't even sell them we let them go for nothing.

procdoc

Regarding JCH, sometimes it just doesn’t work out. There are examples of world class superstars that didn’t do it at certain clubs

Sick Boy

Regarding JCH, sometimes it just doesn’t work out. There are examples of world class superstars that didn’t do it at certain clubs
I think the frustration has been that we’ve held onto and had to rely on a player who wasn’t even up to the level in League 1.

procdoc

I think the frustration has been that we’ve held onto and had to rely on a player who wasn’t even up to the level in League 1.
I agree and that is justifiable. I was more disappointed to see Chaplin go than JCH. However JCH looks to have matured and improved a lot and would be ideal for us now

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

JCH now level on goals this season as Biamou career league goals across Conference, League 2, League 2 playoffs, League 1 and Championship. I get sometimes a manager can not like a players attitude, but it seems bizarre how many other managers have got a tune out of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's playing upfront and in the dox which helps.

Grendel

He signed in June McNulty signed for Reading in July

he’d already agreed to leave the suggestion was that Clarke Harris wanted to be the big man and was undermined with mcnulty here which is nonsense there is zero evidence of a bad attitude and he’d probably not have gone but Bakayoko turned down an offer from another club

Ccfcisparks

he’d already agreed to leave the suggestion was that Clarke Harris wanted to be the big man and was undermined with mcnulty here which is nonsense there is zero evidence of a bad attitude and he’d probably not have gone but Bakayoko turned down an offer from another club
He was second fiddle to mcnulty in the league 2 season

higgs

Didn't mind seeing jch leave at the time wasn't overly impressed with him here had two good games one against Brighton and the other against Sunderland but we messed up badly by not having a sell on clause

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

Didn't mind seeing jch leave at the time wasn't overly impressed with him here had two good games one against Brighton and the other against Sunderland but we messed up badly by not having a sell on clause

A sell on clause of 20% would have got us £200k max. Not really that bad an error

LastGarrison

Yea ...
I’m sure Ferguson got rid of Stam because he released a book when he was still playing which talked about his team mates etc.

Still the best defender I have seen live. He was absolutely class.

Evo1883

I’m sure Ferguson got rid of Stam because he released a book when he was still playing which talked about his team mates etc.

Still the best defender I have seen live. He was absolutely class.
No he released stam as he thought he was past it , his defensive stats took a hit after returning from injury .

Ferguson said himself

Danceswithhorses

Agreed...sometimes it doesnt work out.
Chelsea had both Kevin DeBruyne and Mo Salah on their books, rarely played them and presumably didnt rate them (how ??), so flogged them on.
A few years later they rock up at Man City and Liverpool, and were world class.

higgs

We wouldn’t have got anything from it though as he moved from us to Bristol and then Bristol to Peterborough
It would have to be written into the deal for future transfers also like what was done for Wilson and Maddison we got compensated when they were re sold

Adge

Yep-seemed to go downhill when his wages were used to fund the Turnbull signing.

Fergusons_Beard

Chris Hussey scored a great free kick last night as his Cheltenham team got promoted to L1.

Funny-can’t ever remember him taking free kicks at ours or being a particularly good striker of a ball ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brighton Sky Blue

Chris Hussey scored a great free kick last night as his Cheltenham team got promoted to L1.

Funny-can’t ever remember him taking free kicks at ours or being a particularly good striker of a ball ....

He was too busy acting like a ‘gangster’ on Twitter

Sick Boy

At one point he was being compared to Gareth Bale after a game on the left-wing.

Users who are viewing this thread