Ex Player Watch (19 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

Gary McSheffreys comments today are great, Wigan brought there own towels for long throws and put six round the pitch so he sent a youth team player out to get one which the ref made them put back and then a fan took it and they called the safety officer to sort it out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Gary McSheffreys comments today are great, Wigan brought there own towels for long throws and put six round the pitch so he sent a youth team player out to get one which the ref made them put back and then a fan took it and they called the safety officer to sort it out.
Just 'accidentally' tip a load of water on the towels. Job done.

Skybluemichael

Was a decent player for us in the promotion season, career gone right downhill since leaving us.
He said on one of the podcasts, Coventry offered him a contact midway through the season but he wanted to “concentrate on getting promoted” and when we did the contract was taken away, my guess would be he was asking for championship type wages

Frostie

I thought he was at St Patricks Athletic in Ireland... Just checked and he joined Stourbridge in December.

What an absolute waster.

Yeah, League of Ireland season finished & he joined Stourbridge.
I know he only saw Stourbridge as a stop gap while his agent was trying to get him a League move but not the way to go about it.

Montel Gibson is a big loss, has been excellent for Stourbridge.

Ccfcisparks

I thought he was at St Patricks Athletic in Ireland... Just checked and he joined Stourbridge in December.

What an absolute waster.
Knew him growing up in the Black Country and he’s always been an arrogant prick. There were a few of them around who were in academies at Blues, Walsall, Albion but most of them now play step 9/10 and work normal jobs. The only one from near me who is still at a decent leve is Reece Brown who’s at Huddersfield. I remember they took him out of school before year 11 and he started his scholarship at Blues.

Brighton Sky Blue

Knew him growing up in the Black Country and he’s always been an arrogant prick. There were a few of them around who were in academies at Blues, Walsall, Albion but most of them now play step 9/10 and work normal jobs. The only one from near me who is still at a decent leve is Reece Brown who’s at Huddersfield. I remember they took him out of school before year 11 and he started his scholarship at Blues.

I taught a guy who got picked up by Villa in Year 10, they made clear if he arsed around at school he was off the books so he kept his side of the bargain. Now playing in their U23s, not near the first team though.

Interesting what happens to people like that without the routine or structure in place

fernandopartridge

I taught a guy who got picked up by Villa in Year 10, they made clear if he arsed around at school he was off the books so he kept his side of the bargain. Now playing in their U23s, not near the first team though.

Interesting what happens to people like that without the routine or structure in place
I think some of the clubs are making much more effort these days in relation to their duty of care over young players to make sure they're getting an education, certainly the top clubs are.

Ccfcisparks

I think some of the clubs are making much more effort these days in relation to their duty of care over young players to make sure they're getting an education, certainly the top clubs are.
Yes lots of them will put them through their GCSE’s or atleast get them a BTEC alongside their scholarship. One lad who I went to school with was at Walsall until about 2 years ago. He got all U’s in his GCSE’s cus “he would never need them” and now he’s playing basically amateur football and a hod carrier (not that there’s anything wrong with that)

Terry_dactyl

Heard something on the radio a while back, Sol Campbell interviewing some lad he played with as a teenager. Campbell said he was the best player he’d played with growing up. Said he was head and shoulders above everyone else.
The bloke now works as a painter and decorator. Explained he had a trial for Lilleshall and scored a hattrick…or something. Anyway, as part of the selection process was then interviewed by Bobby Robson (I think) and a couple of others. First question they asked him was ‘why have you been expelled from 2 schools’? He didn’t have an answer…they took andy Cole instead.

Happy_Martian

Goals around the leagues for ex-players today. Danny Ward got a hattrick for Huddersfield in their 3-4 win at Reading. Marc McNulty returned to the scoresheet as Dundee United beat Kilmarnock 1-2 in the Scottish Cup. Connor Chaplin netted once for Ipswich in their 2-1 win over Accrington. Jack Grimmer slotted home for Wycombe but couldn't prevent a 3-2 loss to Morecambe.

TomRad85

Bremang made his debut for Barnsley last night
They released Freiser which is a weird one, seemed like a half decent player to me. Especially when they are now bringing on the likes of Bremang.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

Marc McNulty starts for Dundee United tonight. No Max in the Tangerine's squad. He'll be up against loanee Declan Drysdale for Ross County. Jack Burroughs on the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread