Even more players to go. (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueRuffian

Smart enough to know that we are still in ADMINISTRATION!!! As long as we stay in Administration which the FL said could be up to a month then we won't be signing new players, that's not to mention if the FL then rejected Otium on the grounds of not being Fit and Proper. It's all good SP looking to bring in 7 players but that won't be within the next 3 weeks!

Yes 3 weeks, when does the season start again?

SP has a job to do and cannot let the admin bollocks get in the way of that. He will have met with Fisher, Waggott etc and have received reassurances so be has to get I with his job.

There clearly no reason to panic and if SP feels the likes of Phillips, Haynes, Willis etc are good enough for the first team squad then why loan them out, he has said "if they're good enough they're old enough" a theory I totally agree with.

shy_tall_knight

I'm glad Jennings is going, thought he was awful, he couldn't pass and couldn't really tackle small and ineffective in the air no pace so rarely beat a player and couldn't really shoot. Many raved about him I just saw him as a poor version of Lloyd McGraph, who definitely imposed himself on a game for all his lack of technical ability. As for JC a very frustrating player seems to have genuine ability but as a few have said earlier not always confident when he is the last line of defence. also not sure full back is his best position would like to have seen him in central midfield.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Slightly surprised at Jennings and Clarke, although I think the time is right fr Clarke to move on. Just hope for our sake we keep hold of Christie now!

Jennings was average at best, but was almost ever present, hence my slight surprise.

The others are not really of any surprise. Even Edge, who was 'edged' out of the first team when Martin arrived on loan

Noggin

SP has a job to do and cannot let the admin bollocks get in the way of that. He will have met with Fisher, Waggott etc and have received reassurances so be has to get I with his job.

There clearly no reason to panic and if SP feels the likes of Phillips, Haynes, Willis etc are good enough for the first team squad then why loan them out, he has said "if they're good enough they're old enough" a theory I totally agree with.

it wont be 3 weeks though, it's 3 weeks till the expected date for the creditors meeting, and then we have to wait for the football league, then we have to submit accounts and get the embargo lifted, it's looking like 6 weeks+ and that we will be struggling to sign players before the season starts whatever the deluded pressley says.

He will be letting the admin bollocks as you so elquantly put it get in the way, he won't have a choice. Not to mention how much less attractive we are to players this season compared to last.

If you are good enough you are old enough, but does he actually think our youngsters are currently good enough? or does he just have no choice? There really is reason to panic, this season is at best a write off already and is potentially a relegation season.

RoboCCFC90

For SP they were, and it's his opinion that counts!

There were players on that list who started a lot for Robins but were not good enough, IMO, who were irrelevant for SP and LC.

Yet when those players were in the team with Robins as manager we were pushing on to the play off's and then when Robins left and SP changed things we ended up where?

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, he'll have to find 8 or so players who are an improvement on those he is letting go with a transfer embargo and budget based on crowds of a few thousand. Should be a doddle but hey let's keep up the NOPM stance.

Gint11

I think Pressley has got this right. All 8 players are either past it or not good enough. If he gets the chance to replace this players with decent players working well then we will not miss any of the 8 players released.

RoboCCFC90

I don't know where you got 600 appearances from!?

I've done the math, in the league, these players, all 8 of them, have made a combined 121(33) starts, so I wasn't too far away, considering I forgot McSheffrey, divide the number by 8, they made 15.125(4.125) between them.

It only gets worse when you factor in the other 5 released players.

In total for the club not just last season..

wingy

There clearly no reason to panic and if SP feels the likes of Phillips, Haynes, Willis etc are good enough for the first team squad then why loan them out, he has said "if they're good enough they're old enough" a theory I totally agree with.[/QUOTE

If you were aware of all Media ,as reported CWR Yesterday morning ,After the 15th July Creditors meeting there will be a one month cooling off period, ,then Maybe books submitted audited. They were predicting 7-8 weeks at least before Admin Exit. That is after season kicks off without he ability to sign players ,let alone utilise them.:thinking about:

stupot07

Yet when those players were in the team with Robins as manager we were pushing on to the play off's and then when Robins left and SP changed things we ended up where?

The wheels started to fall off when DMC went...the completely fell off when Clarke got injured.

SkyBlueRuffian

it wont be 3 weeks though, it's 3 weeks till the expected date for the creditors meeting, and then we have to wait for the football league, then we have to submit accounts and get the embargo lifted, it's looking like 6 weeks+ and that we will be struggling to sign players before the season starts whatever the deluded pressley says.

He will be letting the admin bollocks as you so elquantly put it get in the way, he won't have a choice. Not to mention how much less attractive we are to players this season compared to last.

If you are good enough you are old enough, but does he actually think our youngsters are currently good enough? or does he just have no choice? There really is reason to panic, this season is at best a write off already and is potentially a relegation season.

So SP is deluded because he's staying positive and getting on with the job in hand?

Brighton Sky Blue

There clearly no reason to panic and if SP feels the likes of Phillips, Haynes, Willis etc are good enough for the first team squad then why loan them out, he has said "if they're good enough they're old enough" a theory I totally agree with.[/QUOTE

If you were aware of all Media ,as reported CWR Yesterday morning ,After the 15th July Creditors meeting there will be a one month cooling off period, ,then Maybe books submitted audited. They were predicting 7-8 weeks at least before Admin Exit. That is after season kicks off without he ability to sign players ,let alone utilise them.:thinking about:

Who cares, according to some we will be gunning for the lofty heights of 11th.

RoboCCFC90

So SP is deluded because he's staying positive and getting on with the job in hand?

Not at all, but what SP should be doing instead of saying "Cheerio 8 players" he should be proactive and think to himself "Well there is a chance Admin may not end for 6+ weeks, I may need some players I don't really want, just to maintain a good number in the squad I will use them if needs must".

RoboCCFC90

The wheels started to fall off when DMC went...the completely fell off when Clarke got injured.

I'd love to disagree but I can't..

So first match is;

Murphy
Christie, Willis, Pressley, Adams
Baker, Thomas, Barton, Fleck, Moussa
Clarke

So if we get no injuries all season (some hope) we have an outside chance of staying up.

I think Pressley has got this right. All 8 players are either past it or not good enough. If he gets the chance to replace this players with decent players working well then we will not miss any of the 8 players released.

I dont disagree with the decision to release if the plan is to bring in better players, but when have SISU ever done that

The Penguin

For me, the scariest thing in the whole article was mentioning that Billy Daniels is in the first team squad. Now I know he's young and everything, but has he ever played for the senior team and not been a liability?

Hope I get to eat my words later in the season, but....I don't think I will be.

Far as the unwanted list goes, I have no problem with any of them going, and am happy to free up all the salary space so long as Pressley is free to try and bring in whatever quality he feels he needs with what has been freed up. You'll forgive me for remaining skeptical though.​

Noggin

He is deluded because he thinks he will be able to buy players in 3 weeks, he won't, he is making decisions based on this information that is clearly wrong and those decisions will hurt us.

There is a huge difference between sticking your fingers in your ears, shouting la la la la, being cheery because all is well and acknowledging things will be tough but saying we have strong youth and developing a positive we can still do it attitude.

You don't increase player morale by being blinkered and deluded, blowing smoke up everyones arses doesn't work if we all know it's not true, if anything when your leader can't see whats happening in front of his face it does the opposite of inspiring morale. The players will have no faith in him and in what he says.

Nick

Administrator
He is deluded because he thinks he will be able to buy players in 3 weeks, he won't, he is making decisions based on this information that is clearly wrong and those decisions will hurt us.

There is a huge difference between sticking your fingers in your ears, shouting la la la la, being cheery because all is well and acknowledging things will be tough but saying we have strong youth and developing a positive we can still do it attitude.

You don't increase player morale by being blinkered and deluded, blowing smoke up everyones arses doesn't work if we all know it's not true, if anything when your leader can't see whats happening in front of his face it does the opposite of inspiring morale. The players will have no faith in him and in what he says.

It is exactly the same when Thorn was in charge and saying how the lads had played amazingly well even though the fans had seen the same game and we were awful.

Either he is just trying to fire up the troops and bullshitting to stay optimistic OR he knows something we don't.

Grendel

They let Thorn sign McDonald for a laugh.

I've heard that thorn was told we could sign McDonald's. when he turned up he looked at him and said "your not The Big Tasty"

fernandopartridge

Nonsense. I don't think players attempt to psycho analyse every statement a manager makes to the local papers. In fact, I bet they don't even bother reading it.

chiefdave

Yeah, he'll have to find 8 or so players who are an improvement on those he is letting go with a transfer embargo and budget based on crowds of a few thousand.

This is the key point, arguing over who is / isn't good enough is pointless. Unless people are saying we had players knocking around last year who should have been in the team ahead of those being told to go we will be a weaker squad until replacements can be signed. We don't know for sure we'll be out of admin before the transfer window closes so we could have really shot ourselves in the foot here.

The thing that really makes no sense to me is why these players are being excluded from first team training while they are still CCFC players, if noone signs them are we just going to keep paying them to not play?

Noggin

Nonsense. I don't think players attempt to psycho analyse every statement a manager makes to the local papers. In fact, I bet they don't even bother reading it.

Presumably he is saying it to the players though too, he's told 8 (or whatever number it is) they are off, surely he has told the others the same as us, don't worry im lining up targets, don't worry we are bringing in 7 more players, we will be competitive.

I think you are wrong that the players won't be reading the papers and following what is happening, it's their lively hood, if they are just coasting along assuming all is well and we are going to be challenging for promotion they are very foolish. In fact any player who truly believes they are good enough to be in a top league 1 side should really be thinking about if they can get a move elsewhere, even if they arn't their agents should be. Robbins certainly was aware the shit was going to hit the fan and got away early. If you were Leon Clark you'd have to be a die hard coventry fan not to want to move and he isn't.

If he is talking to players based on signing them in a few weeks its not going to work, players agents should be aware of what is happening and that 3 weeks isn't at all realistic and will be advising them to look elsewhere not commit to something that won't happen.

Last edited:

procdoc

I think it's pretty clear what is going on. Get rid of some experienced players and replace them with kids from the youth team. It worked out well for us the last time we tried that...

Grendel

I think it's pretty clear what is going on. Get rid of some experienced players and replace them with kids from the youth team. It worked out well for us the last time we tried that...

How many of the players do you think would contribute to a promotion challenge next season?

Grendel

Presumably he is saying it to the players though too, he's told 8 (or whatever number it is) they are off, surely he has told the others the same as us, don't worry im lining up targets, don't worry we are bringing in 7 more players, we will be competitive.

I think you are wrong that the players won't be reading the papers and following what is happening, it's their lively hood, if they are just coasting along assuming all is well and we are going to be challenging for promotion they are very foolish. In fact any player who truly believes they are good enough to be in a top league 1 side should really be thinking about if they can get a move elsewhere, even if they arn't their agents should be. Robbins certainly was aware the shit was going to hit the fan and got away early. If you were Leon Clark you'd have to be a die hard coventry fan not to want to move and he isn't.

If he is talking to players based on signing them in a few weeks its not going to work, players agents should be aware of what is happening and that 3 weeks isn't at all realistic and will be advising them to look elsewhere not commit to something that won't happen.

Did you read that book the American guy wrote who followed the club around for a season?

SkyBlue_Bear83

As long as we keep the best players in Murphy, Adams, Baker, Moussa and Clarke will be fine in terms of relegation. The issue last time was it was the quality experienced players leaving that weren't being replaced.

procdoc

How many of the players do you think would contribute to a promotion challenge next season?

I didn't mind Edge and Jennings was ok I thought. I would've kept Clarke as cover because I don't think he's as bad as some people on here have made out. I also would have kept McDonald as we only have one striker at the minute. Anyway who said anything about a promotion challenge? Whilst we're under this embargo we won't be bringing anyone in to replace those we're letting go

Brighton Sky Blue

As long as we keep the best players in Murphy, Adams, Baker, Moussa and Clarke will be fine in terms of relegation. The issue last time was it was the quality experienced players leaving that weren't being replaced.

If Clarke leaves or gets injured how will we score?

Users who are viewing this thread