Even more players to go. (1 Viewer)

luwalla

See the thing is I don't disagree I have already stated that I feel Cyrus Christie is the better full back for that position, but my point is we are currenlty in Admin and need to utilise the squad we have. If lets say all the players are sold that Pressley has listed, but isn't able to make any signings due to Admin then our potential back four at Crawley could be: Adams, Willis, Christie, Phillips. With that being the case and no signings in the forseeable future Pressley has to utilise the players he has until we are out of Admin not based on Fisher's promises because JC would help!

fair point.. but i guess flip side to that is.. if he doesnt let these players know now that they are free to leave now.. so they can start looking for another club & free up their wages. then when we do come out of admin, they will still be here & will still be on the wage bill.. which means he wont be able to then sign the players to replace them with until they do then leave.

How many times have we/ other clubs heard "we have people we want to sign, but we cant do anything until we ship some others out" hell, even the likes of man city said this last season! its a catch 22!

Evo1883

I get that Jack but 4 players have already been released (Wood, Elliott, Stewart, Cameron) and now the manager wants rid of Bell, Sheffers, Edjenguele, Clarke, Jennings, Malaga, Ronald McDonald and Dunn. That's not 50% of the budget that must be pushing on 70% and they're the players that I'll be very surprised if anyone takes an interest in barr Jordan Clarke and Cody..
do you think its the manager that wants rid of these players ,I dont

RoboCCFC90

yeh i can agree that with current situation he could have been utilised as full back(backup)

but i guess the manager sees more in academy kids(probably stronger on the ball)

Yeah less wages and getting in Timmy's good books!

RoboCCFC90

do you think its the manager that wants rid of these players ,I dont

There is 12 players on that list I bet that Pressley would only keep one by choice if allowed that being Richard Wood.

Evo1883

There is 12 players on that list I bet that Pressley would only keep one by choice if allowed that being Richard Wood.

maybe ,maybe not but the issue is where and how is he going to replace almost a full starting line up

Evo1883

can anybody name a starting 11 without the players mentioned in the telegraph and the ones already supposedly released

RoboCCFC90

fair point.. but i guess flip side to that is.. if he doesnt let these players know now that they are free to leave now.. so they can start looking for another club & free up their wages. then when we do come out of admin, they will still be here & will still be on the wage bill.. which means he wont be able to then sign the players to replace them with until they do then leave.

How many times have we/ other clubs heard "we have people we want to sign, but we cant do anything until we ship some others out" hell, even the likes of man city said this last season! its a catch 22!

Agreed that it is a catch 22 situation unfortunately the basis of that your theory is that we come out of Admin,, but at the moment what's to say we will come out of Admin, every fan is dying for Otium to be rejected but if that's the case then there will be no new players and even if Otium take ownership, we could still be in Admin for at least month before we start to bring in any players with any sort of quality that will aid the squad.

RoboCCFC90

maybe ,maybe not but the issue is where and how is he going to replace almost a full starting line up

Exactly!! This is my point, we are in Admin and cannot sign players, so instead of Pressley saying "Cheerio 8 contracted players" utilise them!

RoboCCFC90

can anybody name a starting 11 without the players mentioned in the telegraph and the ones already supposedly released

I posted one mate on an earlier page of the thread..

So the potential team for next season if we don't sign players will be:

Murphy
Christie
Willis
Adams
Baker
Fleck
Moussa
Barton
Thomas
Clarke

(**) As it stands we have no second centre back so begs the question either (a) Keep the Edje or (b) Keep Jordan Clarke and switch Christie into CB.

stupot07

No don't think so.. I am trying to scramble the brain as to why Pressley would get rid of Clarke, but I can't unless he feels he has a player in the academy who he feels could be potentially better than what Clarke is..

Willis impressed at right back v brum in the cup. I like Jordan but he's not going to force christie out the side. It will be better for his development to go and play 20-30+ games in a row at right back rather than the odd game here and there.

ccfcway

Murphy
Christie
Willis
Adams
Haynes
Baker
Fleck
Moussa
Barton
Thomas
Clarke

Subs - Wilson, Burge

er, thats the lot !

"you dont win anything with kids"

RoboCCFC90

Willis impressed at right back v brum in the cup. I like Jordan but he's not going to force christie out the side. It will be better for his development to go and play 20-30+ games in a row at right back rather than the odd game here and there.

Forget Jordan Willis as a full back we need him at CB, we have two decent full backs in Christie and Adams, but we need someone in the Centre who will command and is experienced to hold the line, I would be more than happy for Jordan Willis to play alongisde a CB we can bring in who will help him along.

luwalla

Agreed that it is a catch 22 situation unfortunately the basis of that your theory is that we come out of Admin,, but at the moment what's to say we will come out of Admin, every fan is dying for Otium to be rejected but if that's the case then there will be no new players and even if Otium take ownership, we could still be in Admin for at least month before we start to bring in any players with any sort of quality that will aid the squad.

a month is no time to find a new club.. and one way or another , we will be coming out of admin.. be it with SISU, Otium, or A.N Other.. and i guess the way Pressley is looking at it , is those players need to be gone when we do come out of admin, so he can immediatelt bring on board these others he has lined up..

Even working to your month schedule , before we come out of admin, how long ago was it we told these other 6 players that they were not required and should find another club.. i think it was around a month or sp ago now.. and last week there was a statement from the club saying that none of them have had any interest ?

there is a deluge of available players out there these days.. and finding another club might be a long process for these guys..

Si80

Under different managers, Robins liked Edj, but SP doesn't, hence Martins and Wood starting when both fit, Jennings was pretty shite in 2013

Don't mention Bailey, he was awful in his second spell!

Are main weakness last season was CB, Edj and Wood weren't great, so I'm glad both are gone!

My point was, going forwards we aren't going to have those loans that would have ultimately taken their place as starters. We aren't going to buy anyone in the foreseeable future and so getting rid of them only to replace them with youth is a massive gamble and a huge cost cutting exercise.

I agree with a few posters on here. If SP had the choice, I'm certain he would have kept both. But TF has said otherwise.

I agree though that Jennings & Bailey were both shite in 2013 :D

chiefdave

So what happens if we don't sell them? What's the point of having them not training with the squad while they are still here. Seems strange to me, we know we will still be in admin, and therefore in embargo, at the start of the season so can't sign anyone so surely you make use of what you have?

This looks like a carbon copy of the championship relegation season, play the kids and hope we can finish fourth from bottom.

covcity4life

covcity4life
08-08-2012, 04:12 PM

will be fleck

mcsheffrey remains a constant

and cody macdonald will have hero like status just for his goals imo

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

why are you bringing up predicitons for first season in league one?

go on explain it.

fernandopartridge

Look at the players released, count their appearances up, off the top of my head, I don't think it even reaches 100 between for all 8! And people are bitching about them leaving? Most of the, we're anonymous last season!

McSheffrey, Edge and Jennings would bring it to 100+ no problem. It's irrelevant anyway, 100+ mediocre games is worth the same as none imo.

Grendel

More evidence of the great scouting prowess of The Clueless One.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Clarke is the only one I was surprised about but on last season I can see why it is best for the player and club. He will find another club at least at this level pretty easily. McDonald will probably go to Gillingham or a league 2 club

Think we may struggle to get rid of Bell, Sheff, Jennings, Malaga and Edjenguele though

SkyBlueCharlie

Telling players they are not wanted is one thing, getting rid of them is another. According to the CT's article several of those players have time on their contracts and could quite easily sit tight unless the club is prepared to pay them off. The first would appear to screw up the FP and the second increases the debt!

RoboCCFC90

I don't think Pressley is deluded, I think the majority of CCFC fans are hysteric at this moment, why? None of those players have actually gone yet, it's June where transfer activity is low anyway, we'll probably be out of admin soon, so we'll back to signing players anyway.

Look at the players released, count their appearances up, off the top of my head, I don't think it even reaches 100 between for all 8! And people are bitching about them leaving? Most of the, we're anonymous last season!

Out of Admin soon? You know this 100% SBT? The FL said it could be a month, Fisher has said 3 weeks, that is not even taking the consideration that Otium Entertainment could be rejected as Fit and Proper by the FL, so to say out of Admin anytime soon would be a mistake.

The second highlighted point is ludicrous! Jordan Clarke has made 82 Appearances alone for City, add up all the total amount of appearances by each player that has been listed by SP and you are talking over 600 appearances, 6x the amount you believed..

SkyBlueRuffian

Absolutely no way!! Jordan is a good full back and although Christie is a better defender I would have kept Jordan as cover. Jordan struggled early on last season, but to say JC was a liablility is way off the mark!!

Potential? We are talking about someone who is 21 years old (Still young!), has played 82 times for City, has been capped at England U19 and U20 level's, if Jordan was not going to be a starter ahead of Christie, Jordan should have been kept at least as a back up full back in that position!

Aaron Phillips has been promoted to the first team and is a right-back.

SkyBlueRuffian

So the potential team for next season if we don't sign players will be:

Murphy
Christie
Willis
Adams
Baker
Fleck
Moussa
Barton
Thomas
Clarke

(**) As it stands we have no second centre back so begs the question either (a) Keep the Edje or (b) Keep Jordan Clarke and switch Christie into CB.

You are not too smart are you. SP is looking to bring 7 new players into the squad, in that statement lies your answers.

RoboCCFC90

Aaron Phillips has been promoted to the first team and is a right-back.

Aaron Phillips is also not experienced and still to young to be sat on a bench while waiting for something to happen to Cyrus Christie, he needs game time, i.e a loan, same with Lee Burge.

RoboCCFC90

You are not too smart are you. SP is looking to bring 7 new players into the squad, in that statement lies your answers.

Smart enough to know that we are still in ADMINISTRATION!!! As long as we stay in Administration which the FL said could be up to a month then we won't be signing new players, that's not to mention if the FL then rejected Otium on the grounds of not being Fit and Proper. It's all good SP looking to bring in 7 players but that won't be within the next 3 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread