Even more players to go. (1 Viewer)

FourKingGreat

Being reported in the CET.

The Sky Blues report back for pre-season training tomorrow minus up to eight senior squad members.
The Telegraph understands that players including striker Cody McDonald and former favourite Gary McSheffrey are among the list of first-teamers told by manager Steven Pressley that they no longer figure in his plans.
The others are right-back Jordan Clarke, centre-back William Edjenguele, midfielders David Bell and Steven Jennings, goalkeeper Chris Dunn and defender Kevin Malaga, although the latter had been told he had no future at the club earlier in the season by Pressley’s predecessor Mark Robins.

torchomatic

I thought people on here would be happy. After all, they are all the players that are slagged off week after week.

A small, young squad then. We better get used to it.

Is there even a decent division 4 squad left?

CovLis86

I'm a little surprised by Clarke, though he's the most likely to actually demand a fee and find a new club I'd thibk. Albeit in league one or two.

torchomatic

Out of all of them I'm most pleased with the decision on Clarke.

RoboCCFC90

Gutted about Jordan Clarke, yes Clarke has dipped out of form, but he's young and generally not been a bad player. Can't understand it..

ajsccfc

I'm surprised about Jennings and Edjenguele, they were close to ever-presents. Everyone else was either in and out of the team or had the writing on the wall (McSheffrey).

Interesting to note Conor Thomas isn't linked with a move away, so his vague tweet about being shocked around the time of the meetings is still a mystery.

Otis

If 8 are going on no-one coming in as yet, even if we do start selling season tickets, I can't think it is going to be much of an incentive on top of everything else going on.

As for the 8, glad to see Bell and Jennings go, surprised at Clarke.

Moff

I'm surprised about Jennings and Edjenguele, they were close to ever-presents. Everyone else was either in and out of the team or had the writing on the wall (McSheffrey).

Interesting to note Conor Thomas isn't linked with a move away, so his vague tweet about being shocked around the time of the meetings is still a mystery.

Maybe he was shocked about getting rid of Jordan Clarke and had to ring his broker to sell his Nando shares as soon as possible, as profits will crash at Coventry Nandos with him gone

luwalla

Gutted about Jordan Clarke, yes Clarke has dipped out of form, but he's young and generally not been a bad player. Can't understand it..

have to strongly disagree with that.. id have loved for him ot have fulfilled his early potential.. but the fact is , whenever he stepped onto the pitch i felt nervous as hell.

the guy was liability!

stupot07

I suppose with christie ahead of Clarke, it might be a good thing for his own development and career. The lad needs to play games.

ajsccfc

Maybe he was shocked about getting rid of Jordan Clarke and had to ring his broker to sell his Nando shares as soon as possible, as profits will crash at Coventry Nandos with him gone

I still don't 'get' Nando's. It's not good enough to count as a proper restaurant and service is way too slow and semi-manual to count as fast food. All hype.

RoboCCFC90

have to strongly disagree with that.. id have loved for him ot have fulfilled his early potential.. but the fact is , whenever he stepped onto the pitch i felt nervous as hell.

the guy was liability!

Absolutely no way!! Jordan is a good full back and although Christie is a better defender I would have kept Jordan as cover. Jordan struggled early on last season, but to say JC was a liablility is way off the mark!!

Potential? We are talking about someone who is 21 years old (Still young!), has played 82 times for City, has been capped at England U19 and U20 level's, if Jordan was not going to be a starter ahead of Christie, Jordan should have been kept at least as a back up full back in that position!

RoboCCFC90

So the potential team for next season if we don't sign players will be:

Murphy
Christie
Willis
Adams
Baker
Fleck
Moussa
Barton
Thomas
Clarke

(**) As it stands we have no second centre back so begs the question either (a) Keep the Edje or (b) Keep Jordan Clarke and switch Christie into CB.

hill83

Absolutely no way!! Jordan is a good full back and although Christie is a better defender I would have kept Jordan as cover. Jordan struggled early on last season, but to say JC was a liablility is way off the mark!!

Potential? We are talking about someone who is 21 years old (Still young!), has played 82 times for City, has been capped at England U19 and U20 level's, if Jordan was not going to be a starter ahead of Christie, Jordan should have been kept at least as a back up full back in that position!

I agree with you in theory, but he did make me nervous too.
If we had the cash to allow us a larger squad I'd keep him. I've been one of his supporters from day one. But he wasn't getting that much time on the pitch and is one of the few players that would interest other clubs.

As for whoever said they are surprised about Jennings; I'll be surprised if he finds another club in England.

ajsccfc

I'm not surprised ability-wise as he was no great shakes, but just that he was a firm first-teamer, I thought that would just carry on. Maybe Thomas is at the forefront now.

hill83

I'm not surprised ability-wise as he was no great shakes, but just that he was a firm first-teamer, I thought that would just carry on. Maybe Thomas is at the forefront now.

Point taken. Hopefully Thomas will step up.

RoboCCFC90

I agree with you in theory, but he did make me nervous too.
If we had the cash to allow us a larger squad I'd keep him. I've been one of his supporters from day one. But he wasn't getting that much time on the pitch and is one of the few players that would interest other clubs.

As for whoever said they are surprised about Jennings; I'll be surprised if he finds another club in England.

With regards to making people nervous that's all about Jordan Clarke being young though of course he doesn't have the experience and knowledge to keep calm and make the right decisions but Jordan is getting there, for example the JPT tie against Preston, time running down, Jordan's young and rash and probably could have had a pop or tried beating a player, but he kept calm and found BAKERRRRRRRR!! (Still love that moment!) I said recently on another thread that if we don't start to sign players we are going to have to utilise what we have, if Christie gets injured (Please God forbid), then what do we have? Getting rid of Edje and Clarke leaves with one recognised CB is Willis, but we are going to need more than that come the first game. This is the wrong decision from Pressley and I don't know what thought process he went through to get to this decision...

hill83

With regards to making people nervous that's all about Jordan Clarke being young though of course he doesn't have the experience and knowledge to keep calm and make the right decisions but Jordan is getting there, for example the JPT tie against Preston, time running down, Jordan's young and rash and probably could have had a pop or tried beating a player, but he kept calm and found BAKERRRRRRRR!! (Still love that moment!) I said recently on another thread that if we don't start to sign players we are going to have to utilise what we have, if Christie gets injured (Please God forbid), then what do we have? Getting rid of Edje and Clarke leaves with one recognised CB is Willis, but we are going to need more than that come the first game. This is the wrong decision from Pressley and I don't know what thought process he went through to get to this decision...

Cut wages. Simple as that I'd say.
We can get a 'body' in to fill the gap for a pittance.
We will end up with all the covering players being very very cheap.

SkyBlueSwiss

Rob, was Pressley given a choice? Could be that he was told he had to get rid of these players by SISU because of FFP rules?

Sky Blue Kid

I thought people on here would be happy. After all, they are all the players that are slagged off week after week.

A small, young squad then. We better get used to it.

With this shower of shit in charge, after 6 years, what else did you expect?:thinking about:

SkyBlueSwiss

Yep, have to agree. Our squad will be significantly worse than last season and are almost guaranteed to be relegation fodder. League 4 here we come :(

RoboCCFC90

Welcome back Issac Osbourne :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

RoboCCFC90

Rob, was Pressley given a choice? Could be that he was told he had to get rid of these players by SISU because of FFP rules?

I can understand that for all seven players but Clarke, he surely can't be that high an earner..

Otis

Doesn't this mean that AT's 'great signings' last year have pretty much all but failed?

hill83

Yep, have to agree. Our squad will be significantly worse than last season and are almost guaranteed to be relegation fodder. League 4 here we come :(

I wouldn't go that far. I think we'll be fine this season.
I'm not disclosing what I mean by fine just yet though.

hill83

Doesn't this mean that AT's 'great signings' last year have pretty much all but failed?

textmining-worms-copy.jpg

RoboCCFC90

Afraid I don't have the answer to that one. Did Clarke annoy someone with a tweet maybe?

No don't think so.. I am trying to scramble the brain as to why Pressley would get rid of Clarke, but I can't unless he feels he has a player in the academy who he feels could be potentially better than what Clarke is..

Users who are viewing this thread