European championships 2020 thread (1 Viewer)

Grendel

They do care- its embarrassing.

Perhaps its just me that cares, but I find it cringeworthy.

Hardly as embarrassing as the Italian players antics in the last couple of games

COV

I don't understand why it's always England that get the stick .
Easy targets with media that have always twisted the knife on the fans anyway and a new age of fucking social media melts that just hate their country and its countrymen.

Fuck off to be blunt

I don't hate my country and we do get a bad press- compare us to some countries' football fans and we're absolute angels.

I know we're not the only ones to do it, I'd just like to see us have a bit more class, thats all, we don't need to be like the rest.

Grendel

I don't hate my country and we do get a bad press- compare us to some countries' football fans and we're absolute angels.

I know we're not the only ones to do it, I'd just like to see us have a bit more class, thats all, we don't need to be like the rest.

Self righteous bollocks

Tommo1993

Just one of the harmless things that annoys me, the booing of anthems. Don’t know why! Everybody has something. Bullshit how it’s resulted in a fine. But yeah, I’d love to see some consistency from UEFA now

Evo1883

Honestly they'd love nothing more than for football to become a middle class sport ..get rid of those pesky dreggs of society who embarrass us and have all the yayas watch instead.

Like with grassroots where my kids play , all the parents are posh as fook .

Like on here where they constantly dig at city away fans

It's football , a passionate game so to be honest
giphy.gif

COV

Honestly they'd love nothing more than for football to become a middle class sport ..get rid of those pesky dreggs of society who embarrass us and have all the yayas watch instead.

Like with grassroots where my kids play , all the parents are posh as fook .

Like on here where they constantly dig at city away fans
giphy.gif

Unfortunately that boat sailed a longtime ago, football (at least going to grounds in the higher divisions) I would say is now majority middle class.

I'd love to see us promoted but I would miss some of the days & atmospheres you can only get now in the lower divisions.

Evo1883

Sorry I just hate the amount of shit England fans get ..pisses me off tbh

Rant over

Evo1883

They are DEVESTATED that England are going to potentially win this ..

The Scots, the Welsh, the Irish, Europeans... they are gutted

And that's the catalyst

COV

And that's the catalyst

Its not just them- from what I can see on social media India seems to be massively on board the anti-England bandwagon, its quite bizarre

COV

To be fair ..I know LOADS of Indians here who are England mad

Well there are 1.4b so a few dickheads on twiter might not be the best way to judge :)

I liked this one

For me I kind of like all this anti-england stuff in one way, it shows we are no longer being laughed at and having the piss taken out of us by these people for getting knocked out of tournaments, they are now bitter & twisted. Thats why I don't think we need to be booing anthems- we're above them, let them carry on acting like idiots while we ignore them and win the trophy. I'd rather have the bitterness as we're winning games than the piss taking when we lose

As for the scots, welsh etc- being anti-england almost seems to define who they are as much as actually being scottish & welsh, which must be a bad state to be in.

SBT

And that's the catalyst

Which European countries are gutted? Haven't seen much of that.

COV

Which European countries are gutted? Haven't seen much of that.

Italy were definitely going mad about us being cheats & saying they were going to teach us a lesson for it, which was a tad rich tbh

SBT

You seen the hate directed at England in recent days ..it's from every angle .

Other than the usual stuff from the Scots/Welsh/Irish, I honestly haven't! And frankly it would be a bit weird if Italy weren't giving it the big one ahead of Sunday.

As far as the mainstream media coverage of England, it's been more positive than I can ever remember.

Godiva

Well they used all available

Well they used all available
quite early on on and were Banking on taking it to penalties I think.

Denmark were knackered. They had one day less to rest. Their last game was a tough game in the baking oven in Baku. which also meant they had to spend two days travelling.
England had an extra day to rest and they didn't have to travel. Their last game was an easy one that really didn't broke any sweat.

Denmarks last sub and their remaining fresh energy only spend a couple of minutes before he was injured by Kyle Walker.

So yes they had to spend their subs quite early.

The final is a bit different.
Although England has the home advantage they had one less day to rest. And Italy is a completely different opponent.
If it goes to extra time Italy will have a lot more energy to burn than England. So hopefully Kane will win this in ordinary time.

Torquay Sky Blue

Denmark were knackered. They had one day less to rest. Their last game was a tough game in the baking oven in Baku. which also meant they had to spend two days travelling.
England had an extra day to rest and they didn't have to travel. Their last game was an easy one that really didn't broke any sweat.

Denmarks last sub and their remaining fresh energy only spend a couple of minutes before he was injured by Kyle Walker.

Although England has the home advantage they had one less day to rest. And Italy is a completely different opponent.
If it goes to extra time Italy will have a lot more energy to burn than England. So hopefully Kane will win this in ordinary time.
If it goes to extra time I totally see us winning it before pens. We have so much class to come on from the bench. Italy looked fucked after the 90 last time and I fancied getting them more than Spain in the end

Johnnythespider

Denmark played their quarter final the same day as England, England had to travel to Italy for their game against Ukraine

Users who are viewing this thread