European championships 2020 thread (6 Viewers)

David O'Day

I'd prefer the ref to look at those types of decisions rather than a var official.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Why the VAR official is a ref? We've sent Atwell and Kavanagh to do it.

Tommo1993

Tangent time. Wasn’t Kavanagh the ref in the United game with that Busst injury? Said he was brushing bone marrow off the pitch.

Edit: no, I’m totally wrong. Carry on.

stupot07

The ref had the perfect view to begin with. It was a definite red.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Sorry not having it. 1 footed, wasn't excessive force or out of control, just late, which is why he landed on his ankle. I'd be fuming if we had a player sent off for a similar foul.

David O'Day

Sorry not having it. 1 footed, wasn't excessive force or out of control, just late, which is why he landed on his ankle. I'd be fuming if we had a player sent off for a similar foul.

it was a horrible ankle breaker of a tackle mate

Tommo1993

What if it was a City opponent?

David O'Day

It wasn't out of control? FFS

stay_up_skyblues

Did look harsh but can see why it wasn’t overturned by var. But by the same token, if the ref had given a yellow, var wouldn’t have changed it to a red.

stupot07

Why the VAR official is a ref? We've sent Atwell and Kavanagh to do it.
Because the ref knows what his though process was for giving the red. Him watching the football will confirm thay reasoning or not. As much as there is the letter of the law, its up to the refs interpretation when applying them. Some refs this tournament have let things go, the England Scotland ref was far too whistle happy. By the letter of the law, we should have had a penalty.

oscillatewildly

And people laugh at the suggestion that the powers that be will eventually outlaw any type of tackling!
It's only heading one way!

David O'Day

Because the ref knows what his though process was for giving the red. Him watching the football will confirm thay reasoning or not. As much as there is the letter of the law, its up to the refs interpretation when applying them. Some refs this tournament have let things go, the England Scotland ref was far too whistle happy. By the letter of the law, we should have had a penalty.

Mate, what are you talking about it. Any ref would of give a red.

It was late, out of control and frankly nasty.

Liquid Gold

John Hartson is about the most one-sided commentator so far. Boring at the best of times but this makes me want to pull teeth.

Evo1883

Good achievement and likely to have a decent draw in the round of 16 ..

Be shambolic if they get further than us 2 euros in a row

Grendel

And out of control, reckless and dangerous.

The professional footballers in the studio 100% disagree with you and agree with Stu oh well

David O'Day

any back on block you go after that piss poor attempt.

I give him a chance and he fucks it up.

As Thom said you "You do it to yourself, just you"

Grendel

Cool, you did listen when Peter Walton explained why it's a red card or were you already too far into the white lightening?

Peter Walton whose never played a game in his life. Well done O Drivel for proving the point even more

Grendel

any back on block you go after that piss poor attempt.

I give him a chance and he fucks it up.

As Thom said you "You do it to yourself, just you"

And you suggest I’m on White Lightening - I guess to be fair you can’t even afford that - Special Brew again is it?

David O'Day

Peter Walton whose never played a game in his life. Well done O Drivel for proving the point even more

You mean Peter Walton the ref who explained the UEFA directive that mean that is now classed as a red card?

Fuck me you really are losing it.

David O'Day

anyway time for me to do a victory lap, laugh at Genners and retire as I don't what to derail the thread.

Laters Grenners one day you'll actually win.

Grendel

You mean Peter Walton the ref who explained the UEFA directive that mean that is now classed as a red card?

Fuck me you really are losing it.

No Peter Walton whose not played the game and looks at slow motion replays - it’s why you need more ex professionals now as referees who understand the game like cricket has ex pros as umpires

Grendel

anyway time for me to do a victory lap, laugh at Genners and retire as I don't what to derail the thread.

Laters Grenners one day you'll actually win.

In other words you’ve been exposed again make some terrible attempts at a put down spelling all over the place and just windmill frantically

Users who are viewing this thread