European championships 2020 thread (3 Viewers)

Frank Sidebottom

What happened to the 3rd/4th place play off game? When did they can it?
Or am I the only one who thought there was such a game taking place?
Last time they had a 3rd place play off in the Euros was 1980.
Pointless game in any tournament apart from the Olympics where the winners get the bronze medal.

COV

Honestly welled up reading that. He’s genuinely just an incredibly good human being, and I’ve never been more proud of our nation.

Nigel Farage is taking a hammering for jumping on the Southgate bandwagon now..

I’m already nervous and the match is 25 hours away yet 🙈

COV

I hear the runt of the Fox family is also trying to backtrack on this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My prayers are with Croatia, The Czech Republic and Scotland.<br><br>Knock these woke English babies out.</p>&mdash; Laurence Fox ✌🏼🇬🇧✌🏼 (@LozzaFox) <a href="">June 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He has indeed, in one of the most humiliating climbdowns I’ve seen

Sick Boy

Yes I saw that, it’s great. All the politicians jumping on the bandwagon- Johnson, Patel, Farage etc, here’s what Southgate thinks of it all.

Taking football out of the equation completely Southgate just seems to be a thoroughly decent human being.

Yeah definitely he seems like a great guy. It’s probably the most ‘woke’ international team which makes it a little uncomfortable for the divisive morons.

COV

Yeah definitely he seems like a great guy. It’s probably the most ‘woke’ international team which makes it a little uncomfortable for the divisive morons.

I love the way he sticks to his guns- the knee, his views etc- people say he’s soft but the courage of his convictions is brilliant.

He’s played it brilliantly- while Patel, Fox and the rest are now gleefully jumping on board, you just know Southgate sees how stupid they look with the backtracking.

Again- win lose or draw tomorrow he’s done more for the ‘decency’ of the country than any politician.

25 hours to go 🙈

Northants Sky Blue

He has indeed, in one of the most humiliating climbdowns I’ve seen

Fox was saying in another tweet a couple of weeks ago how he now `hates all sport'.

Him and Farage slam the door really hard on the way out to `Make A Point' then have to sheepishly creep back in cos they forgot their keys

Reactions: COV

COV

Fox was saying in another tweet a couple of weeks ago how he now `hates all sport'.

Him and Farage slam the door really hard on the way out to `Make A Point' then have to sheepishly creep back in cos they forgot their keys

They’re all desperately trying to cling onto what Southgate is doing. He’s a better advert for the country than all of them put together

COV

Foden now “doubtful” for tomorrow…

Chiellini gave an interview and came across as a decent bloke, with some subtle words to put the pressure on us as well- seems a smart guy

COV

It just so refreshing - and nice - to recognise the good as well as acknowledge the bad, and be able to feel a little bit good about our nation.

If we win tomorrow I don’t think there’ll ever have been a manager who’s taken over at such a low point and turned the situation into such a massive success, and changed the whole perception of the team…

.. apart from Jimmy Hill 👍

COV

Erm…Mark Robins?

I love MR but I think going from L2 to mid-Championship via the playoffs in one season is not the same as going from L1 to the top division as champions- but thats my opinion only. If MR took us up again somehow then it may be heresy to say it but his on-field achievements would eclipse Jimmy.

Sick Boy

I love MR but I think going from L2 to mid-Championship via the playoffs in one season is not the same as going from L1 to the top division as champions- but thats my opinion only. If MR took us up again somehow then it may be heresy to say it but his on-field achievements would eclipse Jimmy.
I don’t think England were at such a low point though, we’re they?

SlowerThanPlatt

If we win tomorrow I don’t think there’ll ever have been a manager who’s taken over at such a low point and turned the situation into such a massive success, and changed the whole perception of the team…

.. apart from Jimmy Hill 👍

Ever?

Users who are viewing this thread