European championships 2020 thread (10 Viewers)

Paul Anthony

It's weird, I never think of the Dutch as a dirty side, but they actually are 🤣

Was it them in a semi final or final recently in a tournament had the most yellow and red cards?

Euro 2012 final against Spain, I think. Their gameplan was based entirely on shithousery, and it failed miserably.

Paul Anthony

World Cup Final 2010 there was uproar at the way they were kicking Spanish players, I think one of them did a Gazza style boot to the chest at one stage

That's the one.
I remember the high boot. Like they went out to do as much damage as they could.

Evo1883

Well.. very professional job by the Czechs fair play .
And a very welcome result here in England, now we just need to beat the Germans and its fucking exciting times

Reactions: COV

COV

I hate it when teams play it into the corner like that

I remember Richie Partridge tried it for us years ago, but there were about 10 minutes left 😆

COV

This has been thoroughly deserved even with the red card, no excuses for Holland

Prediction for tonight:

Portugal 1
Belgium 0

Evo1883

Well the Dutch will always have one thing to celebrate, their women are fit .

So not all is lost

COV

Czech came 3rd in the group and they’re now in the quarter finals.. bit like the champions league now where you can come nowhere near the top of your league but still end up have a shot at winning the whole thing

Tommo1993

I think Belgium should win, I think Portugal are a poor team in reality.

Whether that happens though 🤷‍♂️

For the quality on paper, for both sides in the next game. I think the game just now will be the better of the two. Expecting a snooze fest.

Frank Sidebottom

Czech came 3rd in the group and they’re now in the quarter finals.. bit like the champions league now where you can come nowhere near the top of your league but still end up have a shot at winning the whole thing
Portugal scraped through the group stages in 3rd with 3 draws last time and won it..... don't think they won a game in normal time until the semi final.

Mucca Mad Boys

No I’d say Croatia were a tougher matchup than Czech Republic

But that is what I meant about luck- 2 tournaments in a row with things mapping out nicely for us

We won a group people were arguing would be best had we finished second on the assumption we’d have an easy Round of 16 tie.

Had we won our group in 2010, we’d have had a real chance of reaching the final, or at least the semis. But, we didn’t. It was a similar story in 2002 apparently.

We just need to keep getting the job done against teams.

Users who are viewing this thread