European championships 2020 thread (16 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s also worth noting that two of the most impressive teams in the group stages have not looked anywhere near as convincing on their first knockout match.

Which doesn’t bode well going into Belgium v Portugal because Belgium are my sweepstake team!

COV

If the result here stays the same ...I agree

I can’t ever remember a tournament where the route to the final is less traumatic than this

You could argue Southgate is lucky with that, but a lucky manager is no bad thing

ccfc92

To be perfectly honest if we really are serious about ourselves then it now needs to be an expectation.

We should beat Germany looking at the comparative teams, f*ck all this glorious defeat stuff and playing things down- group stages gone now with all that dead rubber nonsense- our expectation needs to be to get the final, anything less is a huge letdown

Germany are blowing hot and cold. They will be up for it, but I think we are genuinely the better team currently.

Whether we set up correctly or go for the win is a different story.

Evo1883

No I’d say Croatia were a tougher matchup than Czech Republic

But that is what I meant about luck- 2 tournaments in a row with things mapping out nicely for us
Germany - Sweden- Denmark/Czech

Sweden- Colombia- Croatia

Similar runs really just back to front

Home matches the main difference

Agreed. I’ve spent a couple of pages defending them.

But, realistically, the biggest obstacle we will face en route to a potential final would be Germany.

It’s shaping up to be a once in a lifetime opportunity for this team.

Nearly all at home too

COV

Germany - Sweden- Denmark/Czech

Sweden- Colombia- Croatia

Similar runs really

Home matches the main difference

Nearly all at home too

I’d definitely say 2018 was harder though- Columbia was essentially an away game and they were a really dirty bunch, they knew all the tricks. From what I remember the sweden game was a piece of piss though

Johnnythespider

I can’t ever remember a tournament where the route to the final is less traumatic than this

You could argue Southgate is lucky with that, but a lucky manager is no bad thing
The Germans will be thinking just the same and they've been a bit more successful getting to finals, game over

Evo1883

De Boer got it all wrong since going down to 10 .

Needed to go more passive and counter with less, still playing like they have 11 on the pitch

ccfc92

Well that's the Dutch out.

One positive, Czech look very slow on the ball imo. You can tell they have an extra man, which is making them look better

TomRad85

I’d definitely say 2018 was harder though- Columbia was essentially an away game and they were a really dirty bunch, they knew all the tricks. From what I remember the sweden game was a piece of piss though
Weren't Colombia missing James Rodrigues for that game?
You can only beat what's in front of you and I'm not knocking it, but Southgate is one lucky fucker imo.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

COV

Weren't Colombia missing James Rodrigues for that game?
You can only beat what's in front of you and I'm not knocking it, but Southgate is one lucky fucker imo.

They were. It was a tough game though, the whole ground was supporting them and they were dirty, niggly and they pushed us to the limit.

TomRad85

They were. It was a tough game though, the whole ground was supporting them and they were dirty, niggly and they pushed us to the limit.
Oh yeh they were a bunch of absolute shit houses. Horrible team.

ccfc92

It's weird, I never think of the Dutch as a dirty side, but they actually are 🤣

Was it them in a semi final or final recently in a tournament had the most yellow and red cards?

Users who are viewing this thread