European championships 2020 thread (7 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Won't help either side in the next round re: legginess (unless their opponents have been through the same)

Ian1779

To be fair, all teams underperform occasionally.
Italy have looked worse tonight than previous , but fair play Austria have stifled them
Not as good as perhaps people thought, Austria have been aggressive and positive. You could see someone rapid like Mbappe scaring the life out of those centre backs.

Evo1883

That’s not relevant to what he said, which is true- if this was us then everyone would be going absolutely nuts at Southgate

despite what you are thinking Italy have had nearly double Austrias shots and that's them playing below par .

Id be annoyed about our lack of sharpness in front of goal and being wasteful , I'd actually be blaming the players more than Southgate tonight

Evo1883

Fair play though Austria have been resiliant and gave a good account of themselves ..they did against England tbh , just lacking a bit of quality in certain areas

COV

despite what you are thinking Italy have had nearly double Austrias shots and that's them playing below par .

Id be annoyed about our lack of sharpness in front of goal and being wasteful , I'd actually be blaming the players more than Southgate tonight

Well that’s fair enough

Sick Boy

Do the Italians you know fancy them to win it? Then again do Italians always have high expectations anyway?
There hasn’t been much pressure after the years of transition, not qualifying for the last WC seemed like a major scandal.
This time there’s been no pressure whatsoever, which I think has helped.
I’d say overall football is taken more seriously here compared to England.

Evo1883

You can see though how important it was that Austria didn't concede early , they would have been beaten soundly

Users who are viewing this thread