European championships 2020 thread (9 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

Love this formation Austria are trying out
8-2-0 , to be fair they simply can't play expansive they will get twatted

Austria doing ok. Never going to match the skill and flair of the Italians but they are sticking to their task. The Italians might start to push too hard and panic if they are not leading with 20 to go.
Italy lovely to watch…great energy and some wonderful balls through the defence. And when Austria do counter the Italians get players back v quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProfessorbyGrace

Sorry to bugger the continuity, but I have to say, the BBC could not have been further up the backsides of that Welsh team who, and this is being relatively kind, were absolutely gutless this evening. It was all: "Ooh, they've battled, ooh they've done the nation proud..." and a myriad of further toadying plaintiffs.
They were garbage, and clueless, and I'm prepared to single out Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey who were both absent for 3/4 of Wales' tournament. There are a lot of younger players in that team, and they were not lead adequately.

Ramsey played like he genuinely forgot how to kick a ball properly, at times - it was grimly fascinating.

Incidentally, it's nice to see Austria giving it plenty. I think they'll either get edged out narrowly, or maybe even extra time if they can keep this up.

Reactions: COV

Evo1883

Good half from Austria really defensively .
They've worked hard
Can they keep it up for 90

lifeskyblue

Enjoyable half…the flair and skill of Italy and the dogged determination of Austria.

COV

Enjoyable half…the flair and skill of Italy and the dogged determination of Austria.

What are Austria trying to achieve here- penalties?

Italy look good alright but nothing special, they’ve got more gears to go through yet. Dunno if they’re being cautious or what but if they turn it in they’ll overrun Austria

Tommo1993

If Austria get anything out of this, I’ll get ‘Evo’ tattooed on my shaft.

It needs to be a short word.

Evo1883

If Austria get anything out of this, I’ll get ‘Evo’ tattooed on my shaft
Do it anyway mate , and il get tommo on mine
giphy.gif

Johnnythespider

Italy looking a little bit like the plan isn't working, Austria defending well and starting to break.

Sky Blue Harry H

Pitch seems a bit sticky - the ball doesn't seem to travel well over the grass. If it stays like that it might make the England game a bit slower?

COV

Wow!!

Not wishing to be controversial but does this not put a bit of perspective on our games so far?

Evo1883

This reminds me of England's friendly with austria apart from Italy are better at the back

Users who are viewing this thread