England cricket 2019 (3 Viewers)

no_loyalty

India now 76/5 (24.4 overs) requiring 164 runs to win.

chiefdave

Going to need a huge innings from Dhoni to get them out of this mess. Even if he can do it have they got players that can stick around at the other end long enough?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

What happened with Dhoni the last few games - playing like it's test cricket. No urgency at all. I used to get he'd try and get used to the pitch etc then explode with the boundaries but he doesn't even seem to be doing that anymore - just blocking and rotating the strike most of the time.

Covstu

Big shock that, India were 1/6 to win! Very winnable final for either team tomorrow but clearly NZ cannot be underestimated

tisza

Big shock that, India were 1/6 to win! Very winnable final for either team tomorrow but clearly NZ cannot be underestimated
Give their bowlers the right pitch and they'll trouble anyone. Could be a handful with the Lords pitch. A flat pitch and they'll struggle.
Everyone got the pitch wrong. Beginning of NZ innings and everyone was saying it looked the best batting wicket of the tournament.

Gazolba

Wow, that was something of a shock.
Just shows that anyone can beat anyone on a given day.
The question is does this help or hinder our chances?
I'd rather us play NZ than India I think.
Will the UK-based Indians who bought tickets for the final support us now?
Of course we have to get past the Aussies first.

Covstu

Wow, that was something of a shock.
Just shows that anyone can beat anyone on a given day.
The question is does this help or hinder our chances?
I'd rather us play NZ than India I think.
Will the UK-based Indians who bought tickets for the final support us now?
Of course we have to get past the Aussies first.
Definitely better to plat NZ and might get a ticket!

xcraigx

We could have done with winning the toss and batting first. There's not been many successful run chases in this tournament.

Liquid Gold

Unbelievable start. 29-3 after 12 overs.

Not only have they taken some good wickets they are not allowing runs. If it stays like this for much longer Australia will have to start taking risks.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I was jubilant until I saw this: "Exactly one year ago Kieran Trippier fired in a 5th min free kick in a World Cup semi final, and we know how that ended" ... Please not again England!

Grendel

Unbelievable start. 29-3 after 12 overs.

Not only have they taken some good wickets they are not allowing runs. If it stays like this for much longer Australia will have to start taking risks.

They will just revise down a target if they have to - I would think 280 is still possible with smith in and they have a very strong attack

Grendel

No need to revise down if rashid is on to chuck a few mud pies down the pitch

lifeskyblue

Looking good for england at the minute. Good bowling and fielding performance so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

England need 224 to win. I think england would have bitten your hand off to chase that at the start of today.

tisza

Feeling Root is the key wicket. If he can bat long and steady should chase this. Think our middle order better than theirs

lifeskyblue

Openers laying the foundation well; a good solid start to the innings. Another 10 overs the same and it will be looking pretty good.

CCFC88

Broken the back of it, should be a cake walk from here, 128 for 10 wickets would be a monumental collapse.

Otis

Why on earth did Bairstow review that? I am no expert but that was plum. Said so in real time. Clearly out.

CCFC88

Why on earth did Bairstow review that? I am no expert but that was plum. Said so in real time. Clearly out.
Yep, only thought may have been where it was pitching with Starc being coming over the wicket. Don't think he'd have reviewed that if it was a tighter game and reviews likely to be needed later on.

Otis

Yep, only thought may have been where it was pitching with Starc being coming over the wicket. Don't think he'd have reviewed that if it was a tighter game and reviews likely to be needed later on.
We could have done with it now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread