England cricket 2019 (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Am I going mad or have India changed their kit halfway though the tournament?

Otis

The inevitable collapse on its way?

We were cruising and looked likely to push 400.

Need to keep our heads here. Morgan clearly didn't.

Otis

Umm....and field well.

giphy.gif

tisza

Good performance.
Sharma drop could have been costly.
No idea what India were up to last 5 overs.

Otis

Good performance.
Sharma drop could have been costly.
No idea what India were up to last 5 overs.
I know. You would have thought they would want to win to help their great friends' Pakistan's chances of progressing wouldn't you.

Gazolba

Most people are forgetting that India did not need to win.
Even so, good performance from England.
Glad to see Roy back and still on form.
Archer's bowling of 0-45 from 10 overs was key in keeping India's run rate down.
Even Vince got in the act with two good catches as sub.

Grendel

I know. You would have thought they would want to win to help their great friends' Pakistan's chances of progressing wouldn't you.

The last 4 ODI with Pakistan vs Bangladesh - without looking anyone guess the results?

tisza

Archer's bowling of 0-45 from 10 overs was key in keeping India's run rate down.
counter argument is India should have been flat out to eliminate a possible dangerous opponent from the semis.

Grendel

There was zero chance of winning so really it’s a case of run rate mitigation. New Zealand tried that against Australia and it failed embarrassingly

Grendel

counter argument is India should have been flat out to eliminate a possible dangerous opponent from the semis.

Exactly - they were well beaten. They could not cope with pace after pace. Rashid again though looked shocking

chiefdave

Much better performance. Feared the worst with that Root drop but they stuck at it.

Need to get the win against New Zealand as well, don't want to be relying on Bangladesh beating Pakistan.

CJ_covblaze

We were outnumbered by probably 4 to 1 and most of them seemed more than happy to lose! With how Dhoni was knocking those singles it appears he was in a similar mindset. I didn’t get his innings at all.

tisza

I know, because I heard them say it on Sky. I was really surprised.
I'm not. This isn't a good Pakistan side. Obviously issues with little or no home cricket.
Roy holds a simple chance and they are all out around 250-260 and comfortably beaten.
Same yesterday Root catches Sharma and a simpler result.
There are no outstanding sides 1 to 11 this WC. All have strengths and weaknesses. Aussie and India have holes in middle order and 5th bowlers. Kiwis been heavily reliant on Williamson. England consistency issues.

Otis

I'm not. This isn't a good Pakistan side. Obviously issues with little or no home cricket.
Roy holds a simple chance and they are all out around 250-260 and comfortably beaten.
Same yesterday Root catches Sharma and a simpler result.
There are no outstanding sides 1 to 11 this WC. All have strengths and weaknesses. Aussie and India have holes in middle order and 5th bowlers. Kiwis been heavily reliant on Williamson. England consistency issues.
Ah, but I didn't know Bangladesh are as good as they are. Surprise to me.

Covstu

I don’t think anyone is forgetting that India didn’t need to win but they certainly didn’t throw the game. England were excellent with bat and good with ball. I agree the early wicket and slow run rate in the first 15 cost them dearly. They couldnt hit sixes all game so couldn’t get near our total. India always beat Pakistan but they struggle against us so tactically that wouldn’t work to allow us to win. I just hope we have more big performances in the bag

no_loyalty

Going rather well, need to win this to avoid the Aussies in the semis.

Otis

This is quite concerning now. 4 wickets down. 214/4.

We have to get past 300 you would think.

Users who are viewing this thread