England cricket 2019 (1 Viewer)

vow

Wow. Umpire has had a mare there!

tisza

that's a real tonking, all the pre-tournament talk about the batting but Archer has lifted the attack to a different level

no_loyalty

An easy win, shame we can't switch the final to Edgbaston.

The final is being shown live on channel 4, for anybody who doesn't have sky.

chiefdave

And giving a great example of why free to air tv lost the rights to everything in the first place. The morning will be on Channel 4 before the cricket gets shunted off to a non-HD channel so they can show F1. Its a once in a generation event and it still gets that sort of treatment.

tisza

An easy win, shame we can't switch the final to Edgbaston.

shouldn't play any cricket at Lords - our record poor there in most forms.0 for 2 against NZ there in 50 overs

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Just thought I'd bump this after today :)

Econ very similar, however Ali takes his wickets @ 50 with S/R of 56 compared to Rashid @ 30 and S/R of 32 across the same period. Takes wickets more frequently and gives away less runs in between

Leg spinners always likely to get hit on some days. Rashid a threat to both right and left handers with his variations and few batsmen from 7 downwards can pick them, which is why he cleans up the tail so often. Ali is a decent option as a 2nd spinner, gets good drift and turn on his day but carries nowhere near the same wicket taking threat.

Rashid probably one of the poorer fielders agreed, but not a liability. As for his batting, well...he bats 10/11 usually yet still averages over 20 with a S/R over 100, I don't think that's a big issue :)

Doesn't perform in big games - took most wickets as a spinner in 2017 Champions Trophy, only global tournament he'd previously played in. Also most wickets in big series vs Aus last summer and also vs West Indies in the winter as a couple more recent examples

Gazolba

Roy and Bairstow are the key to our batting. If they are both out cheaply, we'll struggle.
But the bowling attack seems to be in great form at the moment.
But then again so is New Zealand's.

CJ_covblaze

Roy and Bairstow are the key to our batting. If they are both out cheaply, we'll struggle.
But the bowling attack seems to be in great form at the moment.
But then again so is New Zealand's.

Bairstow is probably our most important player. The work he puts in out on the boundary saves so many runs. his batting too has come on so much. Can't wait for Sunday. Going to be a great day. Working until 3am that morning though!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

shouldn't play any cricket at Lords - our record poor there in most forms.0 for 2 against NZ there in 50 overs

I agree - the obsession with flat pitches etc often made the Lords tests very dull affairs with loads of draws. Very difficult to get wickets. Edgbaston used to get loads of criticism for the pitch but those were always far more exciting to watch. You could tell the pundits came from batting rather than bowling backgrounds - I don't want to watch someone leave every ball for 6 overs then run a single to extra cover.

eastwoodsdustman

Not much been said because of the euphoria of winning but I didn't like Jason Roy's response to getting the trigger yesterday. Take it and move on, don't stand arguing like a spoilt child who's had his toy taken away.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I wonder if he gave Bairstow an earful in the dressing room for wasting the review on a plumb lbw meaning he couldn't dispute what was quite clearly a huge error. I didn't like his response but can understand his anger and frustration at not having the opportunity to review it.

Grendel

Thoughts for tomorrow then?

Otis

I suspect it may be another good toss to lose. Don’t fancy Trent Boult bowling down the slope with a bit of cloud cover.
Yeah, you have to think if there is going to be any bit of movement it will be first thing.

Get the feeling Morgan will bat first though if he wins the toss.

We haven't seen too much of Buttler with the bat of late, but I get the feeling it might be his day tomorrow if we lose the openers earlyish on.

Grendel

I’ve seen a lot of hype and no New Zealand player would get in the England team

That’s nonsense

Sandler would be in any team ahead of Rashid

First change fast bowler in this tournament it’s Ferguson ahead of Wood

Boult and Archer neck and neck

Woakes beats Henry

So it’s close on the bowling front

Williamson is the player and captain of the tournament - I’ve seen NZ live twice and he controls well

Other than he and Taylor the batsmen are woeful - you have To think Guptill has 1 innings in him

If we win the toss we will bat as they know if we get 300 plus it’s hard to see how they will get near to it

They could though defend a low score as the bowling and fielding is top draw

Covstu

I’ve seen a lot of hype and no New Zealand player would get in the England team

That’s nonsense

Sandler would be in any team ahead of Rashid

First change fast bowler in this tournament it’s Ferguson ahead of Wood

Boult and Archer neck and neck

Woakes beats Henry

So it’s close on the bowling front

Williamson is the player and captain of the tournament - I’ve seen NZ live twice and he controls well

Other than he and Taylor the batsmen are woeful - you have To think Guptill has 1 innings in him

If we win the toss we will bat as they know if we get 300 plus it’s hard to see how they will get near to it

They could though defend a low score as the bowling and fielding is top draw
Agree, NZ have a great bowling attack and can skittle any team out. I think if you can silence Williamson for sub 50 we should win

lifeskyblue

NZ win toss and batting first. First 10 overs will be important...will want one or two wickets and no more than 55 on the board.
As we are in sky blue, as usual...it’s just got to be England .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

lifeskyblue

NZ getting on top. England need a wicket quickly. Williamson and Nicholls looking set

Grendel

NZ getting on top. England need a wicket quickly. Williamson and Nicholls looking set

Williamson gone and at a strike rate of 50 he will be very disappointed - one boundary is 55 yards - New Zealand are looking to dig out 250 and defend the total

lifeskyblue

Williamson gone and at a strike rate of 50 he will be very disappointed - one boundary is 55 yards - New Zealand are looking to dig out 250 and defend the total

Yes he will be very disappointed...he looked to be building a big score against arguably our weakest overs.

Users who are viewing this thread