Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (3 Viewers)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Hardly had our pants pulled down. Ipswich and Sunderland also offered similar sums we offered more upside on promotion etc

He’s had a decent run recently. Just poor finishing last night but wasnt the only one

His goal scoring record prior to us is shocking. 7 goals in 17 games for Sunderland is bang average yet Oggy will come out with his ‘proven at this level’ nonsense

pusbccfc

His goal scoring record prior to us is shocking. 7 goals in 17 games for Sunderland is bang average yet Oggy will come out with his ‘proven at this level’ nonsense

And if you watch his highlights, they are all scrappy shite goals.

stupot07

7 in 17, is 19 goals a season over 46 games. Pretty much a 20 goal a season. In fact he scored a goal every 162 minutes for them, so using that measure it would be 23/24 goals over a 46 game season if he played every minute. What's average about that?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Ashdown

Robins will know by now that whilst some of his acquisitions this year have looked good, he's paid way too much for two bang average forwards . Neither consistently have been impressive. I would say both have improved marginally from early doors but they are not the future if we have any ambition of promotion next season
Ellis and Oggy are about as Bright as each other

Ashdown

Simms will end up playing at a lower level along with Godden sometime soon. Both will be better suited to having a bit more time in front of goal and with poorer defenders to thwart them.
Scotland might be a good move or League 1

Hertsccfc

Simms will end up playing at a lower level along with Godden sometime soon. Both will be better suited to having a bit more time in front of goal and with poorer defenders to thwart them.
Scotland might be a good move or League 1
He's on a four year contract and no one at League 1 level could afford his wages.

shmmeee

Simms has the technical ability of a very average striker. Snatches at chances and constantly leaning backwards.
People need to stop blowing smoke up his arse and grasp reality here. It's not confidence, he's just not very good. And as for dumber, words fail me. If he put as much effort in as he does on his appearance he'd be half decent

??

Is this a weird way of saying you fancy him?

SBT

Ran into the Preston GK after the game last week - he said when they were prepping for the game, they were mostly concerned about the threat posed by Simms and Wright. Obviously they were pleasantly surprised/relieved by the reality, but these are clearly two players with the potential and ability to cause teams problems, it’s not like they’re lost causes.

Neither player has offered good value for money this season but given the amount we’ve spent on them, we are not going to just cut them loose, we have to find a way to get the best out of them.

Cally Fedora

Simms has got some good goals and looked better recently. But it’s beyond argument that he needs a lot of work still. His first touch is absolutely terrible as is his link play. People rightly say he’s better with the ball in front of him - correct. But as a 9 he has to be able to hold it up. Up front in general we’ve fallen into the trap of having promising players who can’t fit into a formation together

jimmyhillsfanclub

Hes certainly struggling for any sort of consistency and its disappointing that his recent goals haven't given him that confidence boost he clearly needs......

It's tough at the moment, but I still believe in Ellis Simms.

hill83

I don’t think he’ll ever make it here and Robins doesn’t fuck about getting rid if necessary.

Hertsccfc

I don’t think he’ll ever make it here and Robins doesn’t fuck about getting rid if necessary.
I am not sure if this was tongue in cheek?

If genuine I can't see how we could sell him. He's on a long contract and his record here wouldn't attract bids.

hill83

I am not sure if this was tongue in cheek?

If genuine I can't see how we could sell him. He's on a long contract and his record here wouldn't attract bids.

I still reckon he’s a “name” to someone if he fails here. I genuinely don’t think it would be too much of an issue long contract or not.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If you put a lanky old school centre half up front like Tony Adams he'd have looked pretty similar in terms of his mobility and looking completely out of position though , of course, he'd be far superior in the air, strength etc.

If we don't off load him in the summer I'd question what kind of formation we intend to play next season as well as how ambitious a club we are.

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

If you put a lanky old school centre half up front like Tony Adams he'd have looked pretty similar in terms of his mobility and looking completely out of position though , of course, he'd be far superior in the air.

If we don't off load him in the summer I'd question what kind of formation we intend to play next season as well as how ambitious a club we are.
How do we off load him?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

How do we off load him?
Christ knows . Would they have signed him if they'd have known what they were getting ? I can't believe they would. It's just an almighty disaster.

usskyblue

Farkinell.. 2 league losses in a row and out come the pitchforks.

Everyone had a bad game last night, with the exception of Palmer, who btw, missed several chances, including some that were skied. Torp was poor, O’Hare was ineffective and hooked at HT, Binks and Thomas were both poor, Eccles managed to hit a shot off his standing leg and MVE got turned inside out last night. No one could do the fucking basics; control the ball or play simple passes.. and don’t get me started on our set pieces.

As for Simms, yes he was poor too but fuckme, the focus on him after last night’s team performance is a bit weird. I get he’s no where near the finished article and he needs a lot of coaching but that ball is in MR’s court.. we scouted him and we signed him, it’s the coaching staff’s job to bring out the best in him.

CCFCSteve

He’s probably having his best mini run since arriving and one game with a couple of poor efforts and fans talking about offloading him or not even being able to get rid of him*. WTF ?!

His finishing was poor last night (as was others) but it’s hardly like he missed any sitters. I thought he played ok apart from those couple of efforts

This site is getting crazier by the minute today

*Sunderland and Ipswich bid similar amounts to us

matesx

Everyone had a bad game last night, with the exception of Palmer, who btw, missed several chances, including some that were skied. Torp was poor, O’Hare was ineffective and hooked at HT, Binks and Thomas were both poor, Eccles managed to hit a shot off his standing leg and MVE got turned inside out last night. No one could do the fucking basics; control the ball or play simple passes.. and don’t get me started on our set pieces.

As for Simms, yes he was poor too but fuckme, the focus on him after last night’s team performance is a bit weird. I get he’s no where near the finished article and he needs a lot of coaching but that ball is in MR’s court.. we scouted him and we signed him, it’s the coaching staff’s job to bring out the best in him.
Turd polishing

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We were poor but in that context I thought Torp, Parmer and Eccles came out with some credit .
The game was lost first half. We were better second half but Simms did nothing but shoot over the bar, lose possession and fall over. He has to be one of the worst strikers in this division.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He’s probably having his best mini run since arriving and one game with a couple of poor efforts and fans talking about offloading him or not even being able to get rid of him*. WTF ?!

His finishing was poor last night (as was others) but it’s hardly like he missed any sitters. I thought he played ok apart from those couple of efforts

This site is getting crazier by the minute today

*Sunderland and Ipswich bid similar amounts to us
He can't turn with the ball when he's got his back to goal, balance is awful, can't jump.
Perhaps the scouts saw different when he was signed and he's gone backwards ever since .

usskyblue

He can't turn with the ball when he's got his back to goal, balance is awful, can't jump.
Perhaps the scouts saw different when he was signed and he's gone backwards ever since .

You obviously see what you want to see. I’m not even saying he was good last night but he made several headed clearances in his own box last night. The commentator even noticed it.

messiahrobins

Thing is, what are Simms attributes? a lone striker needs to be able to hold the ball up and be able to finish clincially given he is the only striker. He cannot play with his back to goal. He is not clinical.
He might be better in a front 2 but it seems we wont be playing a front 2 moving forward next season.

HadjiChippo

We were poor but in that context I thought Torp, Parmer and Eccles came out with some credit .
The game was lost first half. We were better second half but Simms did nothing but shoot over the bar, lose possession and fall over. He has to be one of the worst strikers in this division.
How does torp gets credit for his worst performance since he signed? He was fucking awful, slow, had no bite in midfield and was completely walked through all night and his delivery from set pieces was piss poor. Had a decent 10 minute spell In the second half when everyone had their tails up and that was it. I can accept it was just one of those nights.

Honestly makes you look like just have an agenda against Ellis when you highlight every poor thing he did whilst ignoring the good (link up play with Eccles first half, winning his Individual battles against their CBs, the amount of corners he won us from nothing positions) the lad was in a graveyard shift all night the service was abysmal again whilst O’Hare jogged around not interested and Torp was non existent first half and most of the second.

Last edited:

Ashdown

We actually controlled a lot of the possession, we were probing all night, even the Baggies commentators said so. There take was about right…If we could take our chances we would have got something. Its no good smashing up the rest of the team.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You obviously see what you want to see. I’m not even saying he was good last night but he made several headed clearances in his own box last night. The commentator even noticed it.
The WBA commentators also remarked on how ineffective he was .

Users who are viewing this thread