Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (2 Viewers)

Hutch11

15m plus him is a good deal
He was starting to look good for sunlan before he was recalled and means we can invest in a back 3/4

Hutch11

It's all paper talk at the moment, no one knows for sure what's going on , apart from a few panic merchants on here

Gint11

£17M + and Simms for Gyko, snap their hands off. 7 goals in 14 tells me he will be a better finisher than Gyko.

fernandopartridge

Everton have got rid of Tom Davies already this summer, are they in any danger of being non-compliant with the homegrown player rule?

CDK

Would be happy with that,Simms plenty of time on his side to improve further.

shmmeee

I can see Vik scuppering any move that isn’t Sporting in his current mood. Id definitely go for Simms as a replacement though. Good age and good stats.

Deity

We are talking about Sporting not Real Madrid or Man City. I doubt very much that moving to Sporting is a life long dream for Vik, or comes with a guarantee of winning the big trophies. Vik,and as importantly his agent, will still be very open to other offers I’m sure.

Hertsccfc

We are talking about Sporting not Real Madrid or Man City. I doubt very much that moving to Sporting is a life long dream for Vik, or comes with a guarantee of winning the big trophies. Vik,and as importantly his agent, will still be very open to other offers I’m sure.
They're not Real Madrid or Man City but he's not Vinicius Junior or Erling Haaland. They are one of the big three in Portugal and play in European competitions, often the Champions League, every year. It would be a big upgrade from playing in the Championship and I suspect better for his career than some of the Premier League teams rumoured to be after him.

David O'Day

Unlikely but Simms would be good.

As soon as someone offers Vik more than Sporting could offer him he'll change his mind. The only way he joins Sporting is if sporting offer a fee we think is acceptable.

Skyblueweeman

Wages are always a massive problem when it comes to Coventry city

don’t want to pay even the average championship rate

if he’s on 20k I’d rather give Gus 20 and take a punt on a striker from Europe

To be fair, there's a number of teams in the Championship who are paying wages with Parachute Payments. It unfairly skews the average championship wage.

Alkhen

I'm lost... Why are some people treating the Gus wanting 20k pw as gospel? seems like to simple to me me or at least only half the story. I get the story came from a friend of his but that friend is a Cov fan so Gus may not be giving the full details. I'm 100% sure if it was as simple as finding a bit extra cash and he'd sign then the club would do that but we don't know the details at all.

Also finding it odd as to why some people are reading the Portuguese tabloid rumors and giving it way more weight than they would if it was a Cov telegraph story?

Matt smith

I'm lost... Why are some people treating the Gus wanting 20k pw as gospel? seems like to simple to me me or at least only half the story. I get the story came from a friend of his but that friend is a Cov fan so Gus may not be giving the full details. I'm 100% sure if it was as simple as finding a bit extra cash and he'd sign then the club would do that but we don't know the details at all.

Also finding it odd as to why some people are reading the Portuguese tabloid rumors and giving it way more weight than they would if it was a Cov telegraph story?
Because the Coventry telegraph is garbage

Last edited:

SeaSeeEffCee

Can’t see us getting Simms. There will be other sides in this league willing to pay more to both him and Everton.

SBT

Part exchange deal for Simms is a terrible idea unless he’s already our top target. Even then it’s a risky move - just get as much cash for Gyokeres as we can imo.

Users who are viewing this thread