Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (9 Viewers)

long way home

His 2nd goal showed why clubs were interested in him during the summer. To take it early shows he is now building his confidence up and will help those around him feed them sort of balls. He was always going to be a slow burner but im happy for him, i think he is a genuine young player learning his trade

He will never be prolific in my opinion, but he will be effective if he knows his role and feels a part of the group.

Evo1883

Robins viveash and Lawrence are generally quite good at developing players , I remember robins taking vik out of the 1st team squad for a period and he came back and looked different.

Ellis has benefited from the way Robins has been using him ...I know supporters think the best way to develop is simply play through the dip in form and confidence but that's not always the case , he's getting much better now

shmmeee

Robins viveash and Lawrence are generally quite good at developing players , I remember robins taking vik out of the 1st team squad for a period and he came back and looked different.

Ellis has benefited from the way Robins has been using him ...I know supporters think the best way to develop is simply play through the dip in form and confidence but that's not always the case , he's getting much better now

I know the quality of opposition was poor but last night he looked like a proper number 9 for the first time. Used his strength well, clinical finishing and his touch and build up play were massively improved.

Skyblue Bangkok

I know the quality of opposition was poor but last night he looked like a proper number 9 for the first time. Used his strength well, clinical finishing and his touch and build up play were massively improved.
If he had not scored last night he would probably have received some stick from some fans. You can't even score against a non league team stuff.

Hertsccfc

He has been much better for the last four or five matches, even since that late sub appearance when he defended really well. The improvement in his play is astonishing. He is far from the finished article but he is much more positive in his play. He is challenging for the ball when previously he wouldn't have done.

Skyblue Bangkok

He has been much better for the last four or five matches, even since that late sub appearance when he defended really well. The improvement in his play is astonishing. He is far from the finished article but he is much more positive in his play. He is challenging for the ball when previously he wouldn't have done.
Saw some of the game , 2.45am.ko for me , and he was chasing balls that he waa not favourite for and winning the ball. I think 2 months ago he would probably have missed all 3 chances that he scored from last night.

Mucca Mad Boys

The second goal was most impressive - 4-6 weeks ago he would’ve left that for Wright. He just took the shot on his weaker foot and buried it.

We need to get him more involved in games, you can see his confidence rising.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Got a song, almost in double figures, when he gives it a proper celebration MvE style well know he’s there.
MvE and Tavares tried to convince him to join in with them and he politely declined. He wanted none of it.

Seems like a very quiet guy but hopefully he's starting to feel settled so his ability can come to the fore. The holding up of Sakamoto's shirt is another sign of how he feels part of the team.

Brighton Sky Blue

MvE and Tavares tried to convince him to join in with them and he politely declined. He wanted none of it.

Seems like a very quiet guy but hopefully he's starting to feel settled so his ability can come to the fore. The holding up of Sakamoto's shirt is another sign of how he feels part of the team.
He’s just a lot more reserved than the average footballer tends to be.

Diogenes

It would be nice to see him getting a bit more involved with the team but I actually respect that. He's clearly his own man and just a bit reserved - they are all trying to get him involved so you assume they like him and get on.

He did smile yesterday which is a first - so baby steps and all that.

JSL

I am convinced he has come good since we have had Torp in midfield. My reckoning he has lacked the delivery from midfield which he is now getting. Dont forget, when we signed him in the summer, we still had Gus in the team which left a gaping hole when he left and scuppered the midfield delivery quality to the front.

Winny the Bish

Comes across as such a decent guy. All the new signings do TBH. Robins is so good at picking character.
I'd actually prefer it if Simms and Wright were bellends tbh. Both seem a bit too nice. I want a Mitrovic type bastard up front who's not afraid to rough up a defender or throw his head near someone's boot to score a goal.

shmmeee

I'd actually prefer it if Simms and Wright were bellends tbh. Both seem a bit too nice. I want a Mitrovic type bastard up front who's not afraid to rough up a defender or throw his head near someone's boot to score a goal.

Different type of bellend tho (although mitrovic comes across as both). Todd Kane was a bell end but it didn’t help him on the pitch.

Skybluedownunder

Ellis had added plenty to his game. It has been noticeable that he puts a shift in and with the obvious growth in his confidence we are now starting to see a real player. His contribution is so much more than goals.

If he improves his first touch he will be dangerous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You can see on the City Unseen vid after the match when Simms is being interviewed,Palmer's trying to distract him & make him laugh but Simms is having none of it & Palmer just gives up & says something like 'He's being serious' - it's just the way Simms is
He didn't want to do the celebration that Milan does with the fans, even though Milan wanted him to join in.

Happy_Martian

One of the things I've liked is that he is coming out of his shell. He's been interviewed 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks by CWR, the CovTel and now ITV where previously, he'd had no media interaction. And he's been seen smiling on the pitch. I know that's a old joke for this forum but it shows if the player is enjoying themselves. And Ellis is starting to, which is great for him, his teammates and the fans.

Long may it continue.

Users who are viewing this thread